U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 12:54 PM
 
Location: San Jose
2,236 posts, read 669,876 times
Reputation: 2350

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
All of those were invented by white people (later classified as Europeans). Are you really trying to claim that whites did not invent these things on their own? If so, then I really think you need to get to an encyclopedia fast (not joking either).
"Whites" did not invent these things on their own, they inherited these developments from far older cultures.

All those things listed were invented by Mesopotamians, Egyptians, Persians, Indians and the Chinese. None of which are Europeans. Don't believe me, look up each thing on the list and you will find out it did not originate from Europe. I could have added dozens of more things to list but didn't want my post to be so long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 01:05 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 14 days ago)
 
Location: Clyde Hill, WA
3,626 posts, read 643,160 times
Reputation: 1143
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
If you are going to write “complete BS” you need to use a better source than some Bloomberg journalist piece. Read through some of the peer reviewed and scientificl studies here: humanbiologicaldiversity.com

Also, look up IQ by country map. It’s pretty eye opening.
ad hominem argument--sign of low IQ.

Explain to me how it is that Nigerian-Americans have a median income of $62,000, about 9K more than the average.
https://www.ozy.com/fast-forward/the...rise-you/86885

And "Today, 29 percent of Nigerian-Americans over the age of 25 hold a graduate degree, compared to 11 percent of the overall U.S. population, according to the Migrations Policy Institute." For other black Americans, the numbers are far less, even though both share West African ancestry. Does not quite comport with your 'theory.'

And you might explain how Ben Carson, who was considered the #1 brain surgeon on the planet until he retired from medicine, reached that pinnacle as a black man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:10 PM
 
Location: Up North
4,192 posts, read 1,089,340 times
Reputation: 2491
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post

And you might explain how Ben Carson, who was considered the #1 brain surgeon on the planet until he retired from medicine, reached that pinnacle as a black man.

Steve Nash won two NBA MVPs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:18 PM
 
169 posts, read 16,556 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Explain to me how it is that Nigerian-Americans have a median income of $62,000, about 9K more than the average.
What is there to explain? Nigerian immigrants are not representative of their general populations. They're smarter and more educated because that's who we grant priority to not to mention the people who can pay the expensive relocation costs. Certainly in a country of some 200+ million, there are some smart people. But Nigeria is a sh*thole, like just about every sub-saharan African country.

Now why are you insulting that poster when it seems you do not even understand the concept of a bell curve? Just because the average IQ is low over a population of 200+ million, doesn't mean there isn't plenty of smart people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:21 PM
 
169 posts, read 16,556 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
"Whites" did not invent these things on their own, they inherited these developments from far older cultures.

All those things listed were invented by Mesopotamians, Egyptians, Persians, Indians and the Chinese. None of which are Europeans. Don't believe me, look up each thing on the list and you will find out it did not originate from Europe. I could have added dozens of more things to list but didn't want my post to be so long.
Europe was settled far later than India and the Fertile crescent due its far harsher climate. So other groups had a head start on Europeans, but Europeans eventually caught up and exceeded all other groups. This is a fact.

If you go back 100,000 years ago, all inventions came out of Africa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:35 PM
 
Location: San Jose
2,236 posts, read 669,876 times
Reputation: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Europe was settled far later than India and the Fertile crescent due its far harsher climate. So other groups had a head start on Europeans, but Europeans eventually caught up and exceeded all other groups. This is a fact.

If you go back 100,000 years ago, all inventions came out of Africa.
Europeans did eventually catch up, it only took them 5,000 years to do so. Again if "white" Europeans are genetically smarter then non-whites why were they so late to civilization? And when they did develop their own civilization it was built on the culture and technology of older non-white civilizations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:38 PM
 
169 posts, read 16,556 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Europeans did eventually catch up, it only took them 5,000 years to do so. Again if "white" Europeans are genetically smarter then non-whites why were they so late to civilization? And when they did develop their own civilization it was built on the culture and technology of older non-white civilizations.
Like I said, Europeans as a people are late-comers. You're acting like all groups in this conversation were around at the same time. They were not. The people who came toEurope came from the Fertile Crescent. Those people came to a far harsher environment, but managed to evolve to face its hardships, and these people turned into Europeans thousands of years after people in the Fertile crescent settled down.

Your example is akin to saying toddler Einstein was not intelligent compared to a full grown adult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:45 PM
 
Location: New Albany, Indiana (Greater Louisville)
9,970 posts, read 21,233,706 times
Reputation: 9504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post

Every race should feel proud of who they are. And whites should be able to be proud, too. I don't know why in any way that has to be controversial.
There's nothing wrong with 'White pride' itself but it now has a bad reputation because White Pride usually celebrates the worst people and worst of White history : slavery, Hitler, the Confederacy, etc. Why not celebrate people like Newton and Edison? They helped all people.

I think the average person at a White pride rally is insecure and they worship men like Hitler how dominated and harmed other people. Not saying Trump is anything like Hitler but he also attracts the same kind of people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:47 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 14 days ago)
 
Location: Clyde Hill, WA
3,626 posts, read 643,160 times
Reputation: 1143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Steve Nash won two NBA MVPs.
And a mention from the female rapper who's name escapes me right now. But zero titles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:57 PM
 
Location: San Jose
2,236 posts, read 669,876 times
Reputation: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Like I said, Europeans as a people are late-comers. You're acting like all groups in this conversation were around at the same time. They were not. The people who came toEurope came from the Fertile Crescent. Those people came to a far harsher environment, but managed to evolve to face its hardships, and these people turned into Europeans thousands of years after people in the Fertile crescent settled down.

Your example is akin to saying toddler Einstein was not intelligent compared to a full grown adult.
You act the regions of Egypt and Iraq just went blank after the ancient times. Cairo and Baghdad were two of the largest, wealthiest and most advanced cities in the Middle Ages. Cairo for example was something like ten times the size of London in the Middle Ages. Baghdad was the global epicenter of knowledge and had the worlds largest collection of books and manuscripts.

Europe finally overcame the Middle East and China something like 300 years ago, 400 if we are being generous. If we trace the timeline of civilization from founding of the city state of Ur in Iraq in the year 3800 BC to today, Europe was at the epicenter of civilization for roughly 6% of civilized history. Hard to make the claim that "Whites" are genetically smarter then non-whites when non-whites were more advanced for 94% of all of civilized history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top