U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old Today, 12:25 PM
 
15,596 posts, read 7,977,051 times
Reputation: 8060

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
No doubt but what they really say is not only are we not any better, we're morally inferior and deserve to be overrun and overburden for our supposed "sins", and further that it is even enrichening us because we are supposedly inferior.
So do you think you are superior to other people based on your skin color/race?

Note, I don't think white Americans or any people of European descent are inferior based on their ethnic roots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 12:28 PM
 
15,596 posts, read 7,977,051 times
Reputation: 8060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I don't want anyone to tell me anything. Bottom line is: equal standard for everyone. Whites should be free to be proud of who they are and their ancestry without being labeled "Nazis".

EMoreover - and it's too late for this now in America - I believe the West has every right to say we don't want anything to do with being overrun by "refugees" and migration.
White should be proud of their ancestry. I think the issue is that many of you don't know your ancestry and are claiming a generic identity that has nothing to do with your culture as related to your genetic communities.

What are you ethnic roots and do you embrace the culture(s) associated with those roots or are you claiming to be something that you are not?

On immigration - again, would you have an issue with white immigrants from Europe or is it just an issue with brown skinned immigrants or people who are not Christian? I've never seen anyone upset about white refugees from Europe (except Jews) for instance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:30 PM
 
2,271 posts, read 2,895,125 times
Reputation: 2501
It's pretty easy to see that cultures and civilizations are not equal.

There is a ton of metrics for most countries and some can be compared.
It's easily argued that when numbers on child mortality rate or life expectansy differ wildly between 2 nations, one of them is probably more successful than the other. Of course that's only 2 metrics, add let's say GDP/capita, number of people living under poverty line/capita, number of dollar-millionaires/capita, sickbeds/capita, average years of education and we've got half a dozen.

Already at this point it should be easy to see groups of countries dividing up where many countries with close proximity often land closer to each other in these metrics.

Eastern as well as western European countries will be much closer together with for example US, Canada and Australia than some of what could be described as "s**thole countries" like Afghanistan, where people die younger, have a much higher infant mortality rate, earn or produce practically nothing, basically everyone is below the poverty line, etc etc.

We can objectively say that almost no country on this planet have managed to create a worse society, culture or civilization than the afghans. I mean they have competitors like I don't know Somalia, maybe North Korea, but they aren't many.

The more metrics you add, the more apparent these groupings become. You'll find that the US and for example Poland or Russia are much closer together in grouping and have much more in common, compared to other groupings in let's say war-ridden countries in Africa or the non oil-enriched parts of the middle east.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:30 PM
 
12,697 posts, read 3,969,410 times
Reputation: 3838
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
So do you think you are superior to other people based on your skin color/race?

Note, I don't think white Americans or any people of European descent are inferior based on their ethnic roots.
No I just think the races and some ethnicities are mostly incompatible in general, especially Eurasians and Africans, and better off apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:36 PM
 
210 posts, read 18,369 times
Reputation: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
It's pretty easy to see that cultures and civilizations are not equal.

There is a ton of metrics for most countries and some can be compared.
It's easily argued that when numbers on child mortality rate or life expectansy differ wildly between 2 nations, one of them is probably more successful than the other. Of course that's only 2 metrics, add let's say GDP/capita, number of people living under poverty line/capita, number of dollar-millionaires/capita, sickbeds/capita, average years of education and we've got half a dozen.

Already at this point it should be easy to see groups of countries dividing up where many countries with close proximity often land closer to each other in these metrics.

Eastern as well as western European countries will be much closer together with for example US, Canada and Australia than some of what could be described as "s**thole countries" like Afghanistan, where people die younger, have a much higher infant mortality rate, earn or produce practically nothing, basically everyone is below the poverty line, etc etc.

We can objectively say that almost no country on this planet have managed to create a worse society, culture or civilization than the afghans. I mean they have competitors like I don't know Somalia, maybe North Korea, but they aren't many.

The more metrics you add, the more apparent these groupings become. You'll find that the US and for example Poland or Russia are much closer together in grouping and have much more in common, compared to other groupings in let's say war-ridden countries in Africa or the non oil-enriched parts of the middle east.
As bad as Afghanistan is, there are probably 10-15 SSA countries that are worse still.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:42 PM
 
46,258 posts, read 18,302,407 times
Reputation: 19296
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I always encourage people to use their reading skills. .
Ad hominem isn't a substitute for knowledge.



You demonstrate little knowledge of the 1500s. You didn't even know what the term Western Civilization means. This after claiming such expertise. Talk is cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:51 PM
 
12,697 posts, read 3,969,410 times
Reputation: 3838
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
It's pretty easy to see that cultures and civilizations are not equal.

There is a ton of metrics for most countries and some can be compared.
It's easily argued that when numbers on child mortality rate or life expectansy differ wildly between 2 nations, one of them is probably more successful than the other. Of course that's only 2 metrics, add let's say GDP/capita, number of people living under poverty line/capita, number of dollar-millionaires/capita, sickbeds/capita, average years of education and we've got half a dozen.

Already at this point it should be easy to see groups of countries dividing up where many countries with close proximity often land closer to each other in these metrics.

Eastern as well as western European countries will be much closer together with for example US, Canada and Australia than some of what could be described as "s**thole countries" like Afghanistan, where people die younger, have a much higher infant mortality rate, earn or produce practically nothing, basically everyone is below the poverty line, etc etc.

We can objectively say that almost no country on this planet have managed to create a worse society, culture or civilization than the afghans. I mean they have competitors like I don't know Somalia, maybe North Korea, but they aren't many.

The more metrics you add, the more apparent these groupings become. You'll find that the US and for example Poland or Russia are much closer together in grouping and have much more in common, compared to other groupings in let's say war-ridden countries in Africa or the non oil-enriched parts of the middle east.
And when you increasingly mix people from less successful cultures with people from more successful cultures, you end up with something closer and closer to the less successful countries plus other new problems.

Mixing people and cultures results in more like Brazil and less like America and Canada or Denmark and Japan for that matter. It's 500 year old common sense observation from the Americas basically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Up North
4,209 posts, read 1,092,383 times
Reputation: 2497
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
And when you increasingly mix people from less successful cultures with people from more successful cultures, you end up with something closer and closer to the less successful countries plus other new problems.

Mixing people and cultures results in more like Brazil and less like America and Canada or Denmark and Japan for that matter. It's 500 year old common sense observation from the Americas basically.
And of those, the only ones smart enough to put their foot down on orders from the U.N. is Japan. Their leaders care about their people, unlike the leaders in America Canada and Denmark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:01 PM
 
2,271 posts, read 2,895,125 times
Reputation: 2501
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
As bad as Afghanistan is, there are probably 10-15 SSA countries that are worse still.
Sure, but the point I'm making is that the countries that are absolute hellholes usually have some underlying issues, that begins in their cultures, and then propagates through politics, inventions etc etc to the point they've reached in current time. Afghanistan or Somalia isn't known for their multitude of nobel prize winners, and they wont be for any foreseeable future.

If you're going to make a bet about which country will have the lowest infant mortality rate 2030, you're not gonna put your money on Zimbabwe. You're basically gonna have 30~countries to realistically chose from, most of which are western.

Make the same bet about 2130, that range may widen a bit, but you're still not gonna put your money on Afghanistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:03 PM
 
2,271 posts, read 2,895,125 times
Reputation: 2501
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
And when you increasingly mix people from less successful cultures with people from more successful cultures, you end up with something closer and closer to the less successful countries plus other new problems.

Mixing people and cultures results in more like Brazil and less like America and Canada or Denmark and Japan for that matter. It's 500 year old common sense observation from the Americas basically.
I completely agree, it's probably a lot easier to down-grade the better culture than to improve the worse one when mixing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top