U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 03:32 PM
 
Location: San Jose
2,254 posts, read 671,909 times
Reputation: 2351

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
201 Nobel prizes, or about 22% of the total have gone to Jews. Jews are less than .2% of world population. I bet if you eliminated 'junk' prizes (such as Arafat, Gore, Obama's Nobel peace prizes) the numbers would be even more skewed.

If there is an argument for racial superiority, it would have to be for the Jewish people.
When it comes to the arts and science they as a community punch way above their weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 03:42 PM
 
Location: San Jose
2,254 posts, read 671,909 times
Reputation: 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Ken-

You are arguing that Europe was a sh------ for most of himanity.

Okay, fine. Then why, now, since The West is doing good, should it have to take on the burdens of the World's troubles?
How is the "West" being burdened by the world's troubles? The quality of life in Western Europe is the greatest it has ever been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Why should just the West be burdened to the point it's culture is destroyed?
How is the "Wests" culture being destroyed? And how does its decay relate to outside cultures? Sorry these dots do not connect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Afterall, you are arguing ceaselessly that it has never been spectacular.
European culture has had many high water marks. Reaching their zenith at the end of the 19th century. My responses aimed at the posters who attribute Europe's success to its genetics. Europe's rise to the top was the result of many different factors. Genetic's isn't one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:54 PM
 
Location: Up North
4,209 posts, read 1,092,383 times
Reputation: 2497
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
How is the "West" being burdened by the world's troubles? The quality of life in Western Europe is the greatest it has ever been.



How is the "Wests" culture being destroyed? And how does its decay relate to outside cultures? Sorry these dots do not connect.



European culture has had many high water marks. Reaching their zenith at the end of the 19th century. My responses aimed at the posters who attribute Europe's success to its genetics. Europe's rise to the top was the result of many different factors. Genetic's isn't one of them.

I've lived it. So I can give you perfect example. East st. Paul (effectively Eastern minneapolis) has increasingly gone downhill with respect to crime (among other things) with the increase in diversity. It has not even for a second benefitted my community as it has become more "diverse".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:04 PM
 
210 posts, read 18,369 times
Reputation: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Europe's rise to the top was the result of many different factors. Genetic's isn't one of them.
And how do you know? Are you God? Even in the best possible interpretation of the scientific evidence for your direction, science has not established one way or the other genetics has played a role (though there is evidence genetics has played a role).

I don't even believe you believe what you wrote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:17 PM
 
Location: San Jose
2,254 posts, read 671,909 times
Reputation: 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
And how do you know? Are you God? Even in the best possible interpretation of the scientific evidence for your direction, science has not established one way or the other genetics has played a role (though there is evidence genetics has played a role).

I don't even believe you believe what you wrote.
As it has been pointed out again and again. If it was genetics that caused Europe to ascend, then Europeans would have done it thousands of years ago. But they didn't. Why were the smartest people on earth ( as you claim) living in dung heaps when less intelligent brown people were building world empires and constructing great feats of engineering? Shouldn't have been the other way around if it was genetics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:23 PM
 
210 posts, read 18,369 times
Reputation: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
As it has been pointed out again and again. If it was genetics that caused Europe to ascend, then Europeans would have done it thousands of years ago. But they didn't. Why were the smartest people on earth ( as you claim) living in dung heaps when less intelligent brown people were building world empires and constructing great feats of engineering? Shouldn't have been the other way around if it was genetics?
This is not at all logical. Why wasn't Albert Einstein coming up with General Relativity at 2 years old? He had the same genetics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:09 PM
 
12,697 posts, read 3,969,410 times
Reputation: 3838
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
As it has been pointed out again and again. If it was genetics that caused Europe to ascend, then Europeans would have done it thousands of years ago. But they didn't. Why were the smartest people on earth ( as you claim) living in dung heaps when less intelligent brown people were building world empires and constructing great feats of engineering? Shouldn't have been the other way around if it was genetics?
Because that's not how it was. You are creating revisionist history. It's all buried in time so you and those like just make up what every story you want or at least cherry pick facts or details. Europe hasn't been behind the rest of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:17 PM
 
Location: San Jose
2,254 posts, read 671,909 times
Reputation: 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
This is not at all logical. Why wasn't Albert Einstein coming up with General Relativity at 2 years old? He had the same genetics?
How is it illogical? Why did it take so long for Europeans to develop civilization if they are so genetically intelligent? Why wasn't the Rhine or the Loire river valley the spot where the origin of civilization begun? Why was it Mesopotamia, China and Egypt instead? Shouldn't the smartest people on earth have been the ones who created civilization or at the very least developed much earlier then they did? Maybe Europeans aren't more genetically intelligent then all of the those non-Europeans out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:34 PM
 
Location: San Jose
2,254 posts, read 671,909 times
Reputation: 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Because that's not how it was. You are creating revisionist history. It's all buried in time so you and those like just make up what every story you want or at least cherry pick facts or details. Europe hasn't been behind the rest of the world.
If Europe wasn't behind everyone else for most of civilized history then there should be plenty of examples proving otherwise. Where are they?

These were built in 2500 BC by brown North Africans



Meanwhile this is what the genetically more intelligent race was building during the same time period



In 700 BC Mesopotamia looked like this



While Europe looked like this



If Europeans are truly more intelligent genetically, what took them so long?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:41 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 15 days ago)
 
Location: Clyde Hill, WA
3,654 posts, read 646,178 times
Reputation: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
If Europe wasn't behind everyone else for most of civilized history then there should be plenty of examples proving otherwise. Where are they?

If Europeans are truly more intelligent genetically, what took them so long?
haha AWESOME. couldn't rep you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top