Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2019, 11:48 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Name the largest empires on Earth in 1519. Let's talk about them. We'll see who knows about them. Tell us the most powerful people in 1519 in terms of global influence.

<crickets>

By the 1500s, Western Civilization was beginning to dominate the world.
I named it above.

Also, what would you consider "Western Civilization?"

It is interesting to me that often when white Americans speak of a generic "Europe" and power of Europe that they overlook the fact that most of Europe has never dominated the world, only certain countries/empires who were more brutal/greedy than others. They conquered other kingdoms nearby before spreading out around the world.

I'll note that you changed your spiel with the bold. Either they were dominating in 1519 or they were "beginning" to dominate? Not sure why you are trying to argue with me when I responded to the OP title/post - in 1500 Europe as a continent was not "more advanced" than other parts of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 11:48 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
You're showing your ignorance about genetics and the evolution of the science.

Race cannot be sociological and biological because there is no defining biological trait associated with particular "race" of people. As noted Asian Indians and Japanese are both of the "Asian Race" yet they are drastically different in appearance. Arabs are also Asians and are drastically different from the Chinese. Why do you continue to believe that Indians, Chinese, Nepalese, Polynesians, etc. are all of the "Asian race" when they are a myriad of different genetic clusters of people?

I'll note the most interesting thing about these threads/conversations is the discomfort many of you seem to have with the idea that the 18th century notion of "races," something created when there was no way to look at the actual genetic makeup of our species, is more correct than current information about the subject.

It is interesting that you are very heavily invested in separating humanity in a generic instead of a specific manner.
Yes there is and I just gave it to you. A race is genetically more similar to its own than it is to another.

There are also various physiological, phenotypical and other traits associated with one race vs another.

But you just keep repeating different versions of the same fallacies and red herrings.

Old 08-15-2019, 11:54 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Whites are still a minority on the Globe, and still we managed to do quite a bit.

Yet still, the people all in this thread who say we are no better or worse than any other race/ethnicities (and I think that's fair to say that if you want), you can bet these same people believe we should still have our countries/cultures overrun and overburdened (which will inevitably lead to the destruction of these cultures).

So in one breath, many of you are saying all cultures/races are equal, but then in the next breath you apply different standards to Anglo culture. The globalists have you all brainwashed.

Old 08-15-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
I named it above.

It is interesting to me that often when white Americans speak of a generic "Europe" and power of Europe that they overlook the fact that most of Europe has never dominated the world, only certain countries/empires who were more brutal/greedy than others. They conquered other kingdoms nearby before spreading out around the world.

I'll note that you changed your spiel with the bold. Either they were dominating in 1519 or they were "beginning" to dominate? Not sure why you are trying to argue with me when I responded to the OP title/post - in 1500 Europe as a continent was not "more advanced" than other parts of the world.
That's a pretty dubious statement. The anti-European posters in this thread have made a lot of extraordinary claims.

The truth is Europe was never really behind or far behind or for long anywhere else in the world. The Minoans, Mycenaean, Greeks, Romans etc were Europeans. Europe had many ancient cultures that just not much is known about. Europe had its bronze age, iron age etc in antiquity. Bronze artifacts have been found in central Europe that were independently developed 1500 years before the Middle East. There are also advance structures or temples in central Europe as advanced as in Egypt that predate Egypt that had long been buried or filled in by Europeans. Ancient European history is not that well known.

Last edited by mtl1; 08-15-2019 at 12:10 PM..

Old 08-15-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Whites are still a minority on the Globe, and still we managed to do quite a bit.

Yet still, the people all in this thread who say we are no better or worse than any other race/ethnicities (and I think that's fair to say that if you want), you can bet these same people believe we should still have our countries/cultures overrun and overburdened (which will inevitably lead to the destruction of these cultures).

So in one breath, many of you are saying all cultures/races are equal, but then in the next breath you apply different standards to Anglo culture. The globalists have you all brainwashed.
No doubt but what they really say is not only are we not any better, we're morally inferior and deserve to be overrun and overburden for our supposed "sins", and further that it is even enrichening us because we are supposedly inferior.

Old 08-15-2019, 12:17 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
I named it above.

So you can't tell us. I thought so. You demonstrate yourself little knowledge of the world at that time. Nothing more. You can't even tell us what Western Civilization means. Amazing that you are even posting in this topic. This speaks for itself.

Old 08-15-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post

This is weird - so do you want everyone to tell you that you are better than other people because you are white? Would that make you feel better as a group of Americans... I'll note I don't want any countries overrun or overburdened, not sure what that is about but figure you are speaking about immigration of brown skinned people. I'd just wonder if you are okay with white immigrants overrunning and overburdening the country or is it just the brown folks or folks of different religions of which you have an issue.

There have been a lot of threads about the subject of race and it being sociological/biological.

I don't have a problem with any type of people, but I honestly do not 100% believe that one group of people's culture is "better" than another. If I did, it would be from a biased perspective because I as an American have a preference for my own culture/history.

It is like you all cannot see that your own bias for what is "better" is based upon your cultural view of "white" people or "Western Civilization." You also overlook the fact that not all "white" people were involved in the conquering of the world. I always think about how most of the folks who speak online about the superiority of white people and white/western culture are probably Hungarian or Polish or Irish - people who historically didn't conquer anything or contribute in any real way to "western" society.

On cultures - I've noted before I think there are good and bad cultural attributes here in America and in all cultures around the world. However, IMO one of the worst cultural attributes of America is violence and greed. And IMO that is a cultural attribute from colonial Brittan, Spain, and France - the 3 empires who greatly contributed to the creation of this country.

I recently watched a documentary called "This is Us" narrated by Morgan Freeman on Netflix. In one of the episodes on voting/political leaders, he visited an indigenous community in Panama. IMO those indigenous people in Panama had many pluses on their culture versus our own because they valued community and family more than money/materialism. A lot of the scientific advances of America and certain European powers (most notably Germany) have been focused on killing other people and being violent or destroying things. So I always wonder why you all have this overly favorable view of your/our culture versus other more peaceful/simple people who just want to enjoy their lives where they live in peace without you forcing your views and culture on them.

I value scientific advances. I value the innovating thinking of America in regards to our government being unique in the history of the world and the fact that we have always been diverse regardless of how many negatively view diversity today. Without that diversity IMO we would not be a "great nation." The Brits mixing with the French and Germans and Spanish, for example, caused a great degree of innovative-ness here that was/has not been seen in other countries. The contributions of other darker Americans has also been heavily influenced in regards to our government - black Americans in particular (and IMO we are a distinct genetic and cultural cluster and not "of Africa" like many of you like to believe) heavily impacted the evolution of our government in regards to "liberty" and "freedom" and also used the diversity here of the European population to also contribute to innovative ideas and inventions as well. As the country has become more diverse more and more have contributed to it, which is why we are pretty unique in many ways today - both good and bad in regards to our uniqueness.

So the idea that whites are "all bad" to me is a false idea. However, I do think it is important to note that not all "white" people are the same culturally or ethnically. The major powers of "western" civilization were/are not all Europeans. They are certain historic empires of Europe and it is odd to me that so many of you only want to look at skin color today when in the past, that was not the primary identifier for your cultural identity as people of European descent. The whole concept that there is a "white" or "European" culture by itself is false. White people can be from all sorts of regions in Europea and all those regions have their own cultural traditions. Not all of them were involved in ruling the world and to equate them all as being a part of this conquering to me is kind of disingenuous.

Most white Americans are descendants of rather recent European immigrant waves from Eastern Europe, Ireland, and Italy. Most of these people's ancestry is not invested in "Western" culture related to the empires of Britain, France, and Spain, who took over and colonized the world. Some other European nations, tried to compete with the big three and they took a stab as well at colonization, but not to the level of those three nations so it is odd for so many of you to claim this lineage when you do not have it.

Old 08-15-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
No doubt but what they really say is not only are we not any better, we're morally inferior and deserve to be overrun and overburden for our supposed "sins", and further that it is even enrichening us because we are supposedly inferior.
Oh yeah, definitely.

Old 08-15-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So you can't tell us. I thought so. You demonstrate yourself little knowledge of the world at that time. Nothing more. You can't even tell us what Western Civilization means. Amazing that you are even posting in this topic. This speaks for itself.
I always encourage people to use their reading skills. I don't like to tell everyone things that they should know. I also did mention the empire earlier in the thread. If you go back and read thoroughly, you'll see it and you can look it up.

Western Civilization in these sorts of thread, especially from folks like you, means that you think your Irish ancestors who were conquered and enslaved by the British actually had a hand in dominating the world when they didn't. It is a phrase that gives you an air of superiority over other people based on skin color. Nothing more, nothing less.

I actually am very interested in European history/culture and the traditions of different people on that continent. "Western" culture/civilization is just something made up by superpowers to exert their superiority and the lay people who don't like to read and review history soak it up because it makes them feel special

Old 08-15-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
This is weird - so do you want everyone to tell you that you are better than other people because you are white? Would that make you feel better as a group of Americans... I'll note I don't want any countries overrun or overburdened, not sure what that is about but figure you are speaking about immigration of brown skinned people. I'd just wonder if you are okay with white immigrants overrunning and overburdening the country or is it just the brown folks or folks of different religions of which you have an issue.

There have been a lot of threads about the subject of race and it being sociological/biological.

I don't have a problem with any type of people, but I honestly do not 100% believe that one group of people's culture is "better" than another. If I did, it would be from a biased perspective because I as an American have a preference for my own culture/history.

It is like you all cannot see that your own bias for what is "better" is based upon your cultural view of "white" people or "Western Civilization." You also overlook the fact that not all "white" people were involved in the conquering of the world. I always think about how most of the folks who speak online about the superiority of white people and white/western culture are probably Hungarian or Polish or Irish - people who historically didn't conquer anything or contribute in any real way to "western" society.

On cultures - I've noted before I think there are good and bad cultural attributes here in America and in all cultures around the world. However, IMO one of the worst cultural attributes of America is violence and greed. And IMO that is a cultural attribute from colonial Brittan, Spain, and France - the 3 empires who greatly contributed to the creation of this country.

I recently watched a documentary called "This is Us" narrated by Morgan Freeman on Netflix. In one of the episodes on voting/political leaders, he visited an indigenous community in Panama. IMO those indigenous people in Panama had many pluses on their culture versus our own because they valued community and family more than money/materialism. A lot of the scientific advances of America and certain European powers (most notably Germany) have been focused on killing other people and being violent or destroying things. So I always wonder why you all have this overly favorable view of your/our culture versus other more peaceful/simple people who just want to enjoy their lives where they live in peace without you forcing your views and culture on them.

I value scientific advances. I value the innovating thinking of America in regards to our government being unique in the history of the world and the fact that we have always been diverse regardless of how many negatively view diversity today. Without that diversity IMO we would not be a "great nation." The Brits mixing with the French and Germans and Spanish, for example, caused a great degree of innovative-ness here that was/has not been seen in other countries. The contributions of other darker Americans has also been heavily influenced in regards to our government - black Americans in particular (and IMO we are a distinct genetic and cultural cluster and not "of Africa" like many of you like to believe) heavily impacted the evolution of our government in regards to "liberty" and "freedom" and also used the diversity here of the European population to also contribute to innovative ideas and inventions as well. As the country has become more diverse more and more have contributed to it, which is why we are pretty unique in many ways today - both good and bad in regards to our uniqueness.

So the idea that whites are "all bad" to me is a false idea. However, I do think it is important to note that not all "white" people are the same culturally or ethnically. The major powers of "western" civilization were/are not all Europeans. They are certain historic empires of Europe and it is odd to me that so many of you only want to look at skin color today when in the past, that was not the primary identifier for your cultural identity as people of European descent. The whole concept that there is a "white" or "European" culture by itself is false. White people can be from all sorts of regions in Europea and all those regions have their own cultural traditions. Not all of them were involved in ruling the world and to equate them all as being a part of this conquering to me is kind of disingenuous.

Most white Americans are descendants of rather recent European immigrant waves from Eastern Europe, Ireland, and Italy. Most of these people's ancestry is not invested in "Western" culture related to the empires of Britain, France, and Spain, who took over and colonized the world. Some other European nations, tried to compete with the big three and they took a stab as well at colonization, but not to the level of those three nations so it is odd for so many of you to claim this lineage when you do not have it.

I don't want anyone to tell me anything. Bottom line is: equal standard for everyone. Whites should be free to be proud of who they are and their ancestry without being labeled "Nazis".

EMoreover - and it's too late for this now in America - I believe the West has every right to say we don't want anything to do with being overrun by "refugees" and migration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies