Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 02:33 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times

Advertisements

Oh, crying out loud. Why does any of this matter? Human beings lost their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I have never understood why people are so shocked that LGBT people do not tell their families about their lives.
Given the reaction by some of the people on this thread, I can hardly blame them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 03:00 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Obviously, it personally doesn't 'matter' to me except to make me wonder if it had anything to do with why he included her in the shooting. Could she have been the reason of the time and location?
He was dating a black man who was also killed, and it has been speculated that the shooter targeted them because he disapproved of interracial relationships. If Jordan was presenting as a man that night, the shooter may have been further enraged.

Quote:
I have never understood why people are so shocked that LGBT people do not tell their families about their lives.
Those in this thread posting things like "hahaha", "born a woman, die a woman" and lamenting about "normal society" show exactly why many transpeople keep it hidden. Quite a few people never learned in elementary school how not to be bullies or how to treat people with respect.

Old 08-10-2019, 03:42 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
"The sister of the Dayton, Ohio, shooter who was killed during the attack, identified as a transgender guy — although her family had no idea, according to a report and some of her own social media posts."

There. FIFY.

If an ordinary sixth grader has no problem distinguishing between a male and a female, why do you?
?????? Poster I was responding to said s/he found this confusing. I clearly don't, and didn't need your rewording to reiterate what I had just said. Whichever pronoun you use, the shooter killed one of his siblings. We don't yet know whether this was collateral damage or the main point, but it's really, really, really awful for the parents.

Last edited by jacqueg; 08-10-2019 at 03:57 PM..

Old 08-10-2019, 06:34 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
?????? Poster I was responding to said s/he found this confusing. I clearly don't, and didn't need your rewording to reiterate what I had just said. Whichever pronoun you use, the shooter killed one of his siblings. We don't yet know whether this was collateral damage or the main point, but it's really, really, really awful for the parents.
It's confusing when the media goes along with the "preferred pronoun" nonsense and introduces improper language into a story, clouding meaning and creating a lack of clarity in order to pander to feelings over presenting the facts. Yes, it is tragic for the parents on many levels, losing not only one but two children, the circumstances of the deaths, and now having their dead daughter's madness dragged into the public arena along with the mess their son made of the world.

Old 08-10-2019, 07:03 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Why are you confused?

From your article -

"The “sister” of the Dayton, Ohio, shooter who was killed during the attack identified as a transgender guy — although his family had no idea, according to a report and some of his own social media posts."

There it is. What is so confusing about this sentence? All of these words are well within the reach of an ordinary sixth-grader.
Later in article it referred to his brother. Confusing. Everyone’s like “what’s it matter?” Could be part of shooters motivation. I think ya’ll just covering for fellow lefties

Old 08-10-2019, 07:22 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Later in article it referred to his brother. Confusing. Everyone’s like “what’s it matter?” Could be part of shooters motivation. I think ya’ll just covering for fellow lefties
Why? Do you think lefties think it's OK to shoot your sister, but not your brother??????

That's some amazing reasoning.

Old 08-10-2019, 07:42 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
You have been alive long enough to understand what being trans is. Please stop playing coy just because you dont like these people.
How long must one be alive to make sense of something that is bizarre and twisted?

Old 08-10-2019, 08:03 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Why? Do you think lefties think it's OK to shoot your sister, but not your brother??????

That's some amazing reasoning.
That confusing lifestyle often does end in tragedy

Old 08-10-2019, 11:44 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Well, this is one case where I think more abbreviations would come in handy. I admit that I get very confused, for example, when someone refers to someone as a transgendered male. I honestly just don't know the terminology, so I don't in this example, if the person referred to is a someone who identifies as male who was born with female genitalia, or a someone who identifies as female who was born with male genitalia. I think it would be so much better for ALL concerned if someone could invent an easy-to-use (and remember) glossary so no one would be confused. FTM and MTF is a good start, but what about some terms for people in the process of changing or who haven't completely decided yet?

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news...ary-of-terms-1

(And, yes, I am being very sincere about the above.)

Old 08-11-2019, 01:37 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Sounds like on hell of a confused family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies