U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 11:55 AM

3,947 posts, read 1,869,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvap View Post
I know 4 people, and I don't know many people, who did this, and every one of them is just as able to do his previous job, after the health issue. Just because you paid your SS insurance all those years, doesn't mean you deserve to collect it back. That's why it's called insurance.These laws must be changed along with a asset limit on collecting normal SS.
You're jealous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 12:09 PM

5,093 posts, read 1,003,468 times
Quote:
If someone is a carpenter, has over 2 million in liquid assets, no debt on a home, wife is making 6 figures, collecting rent of over 10k /mo on owned properties, gets a hip done at 58 and collects 2800/month disability, Is the disability unethical or am I just jealous? If he can't do his job anymore, but still maintains his rentals, drags deer out of the woods, etc. etc.,.shouldn't he get a job as an estimator or something?
With the situation you described, I consider unethical and immoral if a person has a lot of money in the bank or assets yet is collecting a disability check! Heck, from a legal standpoint, maybe fraud could be applied!

Old 08-15-2019, 12:30 PM

8,900 posts, read 10,949,802 times
Once a hip is replaced, you're not disabled anymore. As long as procedure went well and no complications, you're usually good to go after 6 mths. or so. Not sure how they could qualify for anything related to that hip. You can do most things after a replacement, people live normal lives with some exceptions.

Old 08-15-2019, 12:53 PM

380 posts, read 464,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Once a hip is replaced, you're not disabled anymore. As long as procedure went well and no complications, you're usually good to go after 6 mths. or so. Not sure how they could qualify for anything related to that hip. You can do most things after a replacement, people live normal lives with some exceptions.

Thats what I thought. Workmans comp could take care of you, or your own policy if self employed. When your healed, get back out there like a man! Once a lawyer gets you on SSDI, I would bet not many people say okay, I'm better now, take me off the dole. It has to be a huge part of the US mandatory spending. Just found out yesterday, another inlaw was on SSDI in NY. I agree they don't get much but what he did was move to FL and started a moving business and is still on NY SSDI for a back injury! If thats not fraud what is? I'm probably breaking the law by not reporting these people.

Old 08-15-2019, 12:59 PM

380 posts, read 464,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
You're jealous.

Yes I am, I don't deny it. My hard earned tax money is funding this mismanagement of a program designed to help truly disabled people with no family to help them. You can't blame the recipients if they're legally getting these benefits.

Old 08-15-2019, 01:01 PM

879 posts, read 277,661 times
https://www.disabilitysecrets.com/re...ess-and-still-

Old 08-15-2019, 01:36 PM

15,599 posts, read 7,985,935 times
Quote:
If someone is a carpenter, has over 2 million in liquid assets, no debt on a home, wife is making 6 figures, collecting rent of over 10k /mo on owned properties, gets a hip done at 58 and collects 2800/month disability, Is the disability unethical or am I just jealous? If he can't do his job anymore, but still maintains his rentals, drags deer out of the woods, etc. etc.,.shouldn't he get a job as an estimator or something?
You are jealous and should mind your business IMO.

Old 08-15-2019, 02:25 PM

25,234 posts, read 9,844,392 times
Quote:
Yes I am, I don't deny it. My hard earned tax money is funding this mismanagement of a program designed to help truly disabled people with no family to help them. You can't blame the recipients if they're legally getting these benefits.
This is how the State pits us slaves against each other.

You shouldn't have your money stolen from you at gunpoint to begin with.

Old 08-15-2019, 02:33 PM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,428 posts, read 14,170,716 times
Quote:
1. big daddy, nanny government declared him disabled....

2. he has PAID into the system for 40ish years

3. at 62(early/reduced) or 65 (full) he WILL get SS anyhow...

those facts put together..... prognosis is... you are just being jealous

Old 08-15-2019, 02:37 PM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,428 posts, read 14,170,716 times
Quote:
why be jealous???

this is how the government (including states and cities) run

I had a friend who was NYPD....spent 6 years on the job... got into a car wreck on the job...damaged her leg (she has a noticeable limp and you can see her wince with pain on certain movements

the city give her 3/4 disability at the age of 28....so she gets 3/4 pay...tax free...for the rest of her life

meanwhile a PO who does 20 and retires...gets a 50% retirement that is taxable

should all PO's be jealous of her??? I think not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies