U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:09 AM

8,980 posts, read 3,998,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
What about millionaires who receive highly subsidized Obamacare?
It certainly can happen, but the numbers enjoying it can't be many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM

11,197 posts, read 10,301,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
What about millionaires who receive highly subsidized Obamacare?
Obamacare plans have economic thresholds. So millionaires would not be “highly subsidized”.

Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Obamacare plans have economic thresholds. So millionaires would not be “highly subsidized”.
Some plan's subsidies are income based. So it is possible if one has valuable assets but low income.

Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM

11,197 posts, read 10,301,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Some plan's subsidies are income based. So it is possible if one has valuable assets but low income.
True. But how many people are we talking about? I think that number would be insignificant.

Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
True. But how many people are we talking about? I think that number would be insignificant.
I said that.

Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM

9,034 posts, read 4,506,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
No Asset Tests for ACA Subsidies

"The Affordable Care Act's (ACA) premium subsidies (premium tax credits) have no asset test. Neither does the expansion of Medicaid under the ACA. In both cases, eligibility is simply based on income. It doesn't matter how much money people have in the bank or the stock market, or how much their homes are worth. The assistance available via expanded Medicaid or premium subsidies depends only on annual income." (my bold)

They’re millionaires, and they get Obamacare subsidies

"Carolyn McClanahan, a Jacksonville, Florida-based financial advisor and medical doctor, told CNBC that she’s steered at least five such clients, whose individual net worths range between $1 million and $3 million, toward buying Obamacare health plans because of the federal subsidies available due to their taxable income levels." (my bold)

Old Today, 04:14 PM

25,232 posts, read 9,844,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I got involuntarily inducted ...
We all did. Most embrace their chains though.

Quote:
The last two years of my high school was spent in a Christian (Baptist) school. My parents caught me smoking marijuana and yanked me out of public school. The funny thing about that move that my parents did, I found better marijuana circulating in the Christian school. But I digress ...

Anyway I was going to say may be I missed my indoctrination, but my brother 8 years my senior he finished high school and his indoctrination did not take. He is an interesting feller ... and that is about all I can say on him, because while sometimes I think he is way out in left field, some things he has talked about sadly will ring true.

I can only summarize the cat story (he would do it far more justice) but a stray had kittens on his property. He was feeding stray and kittens on his front porch. Animal control showed up and the kittens nor the cat had had their shots ... she wrote him a ticket. He did try to fight it in court, but failed. (I know you can fill in, in between the lines the details)
The State loves to persecute cat feeders. We just had two stories in Ohio were the fuzz locked folks up for daring to feed a cat. One was a 79-year-old granny.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/79-year-o...ing-stray-cats

Quote:
The op has an issue (is it ethical) of someone who may be self sufficient being paid back money he paid involuntarily to the government insurance, without a question on whether it was ethical for the government to take the person's money in the first place ... seals my 50 years long walk with the knowing .... "Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose ... " ~ Janis Joplin ~
This is what the State does: it creates impossible situations for folks to make a moral and logical choice. It makes you a victim, a criminal, and a slave by default. You shift through these labels at various points in your life depending on the situation. It's part of how it breaks your spirit and confuses you all in the hope of continuing your reliance on it. It truly is a collective case of Stockholm Syndrome.

We see this a lot with people who are right on the line with income when it comes to government benefits. If you earn more or make more of yourself in general you receive less from the government or get cut off completely. So a person can bump over the line and actually lose money, a lot of money, by doing so because of this reduction/elimination.

Of course my advice is to not get yourself involved with the State to begin with because of such things but
even through other actions you have no choice and the State has those things covered too.

That's why my attitude is "F it".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies