U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:23 PM

8 posts, read 879 times

Advertisements

We always want to punish the legal law abiding citizens. Things that could curb have a 3 strike law, if you murder you live your life in solitary confinement with no visitors, letters or communication with anyone, other criminals in prison will no longer have the freedoms they have today. Prisons would be self sufficient and inmates would have to work 8 hrs per day. Make prisons an easy stop for these criminals make it a hell they never want to return.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM

14,431 posts, read 11,740,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
We always want to punish the legal law abiding citizens. Things that could curb have a 3 strike law, if you murder you live your life in solitary confinement with no visitors, letters or communication with anyone, other criminals in prison will no longer have the freedoms they have today. Prisons would be self sufficient and inmates would have to work 8 hrs per day. Make prisons an easy stop for these criminals make it a hell they never want to return.

OK. Stiffer mandatory prison sentences for firearms related offenses. Death penalty for mass shooters perhaps. Use of a firearm in a crime already hold extra penalty in most states but adding more may deter more.

It's worth looking at certainly. And yes, everything currently being proposed, especially by the left, is indeed targeting people who are within the law. Until said proposals are actually enacted anyway.

Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM

67,099 posts, read 34,147,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I've had people ask for suggestions on gun reform.

14 day waiting periods.
No sales by private owners
No sales at gun shows
10 rounds magazine limit
No bump stocks
No cranks
Licenses for all arms
Child Lock Requirements
Minimum age of purchase 21
Assault rifle ban
Universal background checks
Domestic violence ban

Perfect. This is what Congress should be working to implement. I'm sure some of you will have a field day with this. But I won't be responding to any yeah buts or what abouts.
All an infringement of someones right to keep and bear the arms they have all the liberty to choose for themselves.

Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
All an infringement of someones right to keep and bear the arms they have all the liberty to choose for themselves.

To add, I found the "domestic violence ban"...interesting. Since a domestic violence conviction these day pretty much end a mans (always a mans) life. Even though, as I know full well, a woman can be just as bad or worse an offender. Perhaps not physically though some are, with the courts always being on a womans side in such cases they can send a man straight to Hell.

Bt I left this thread open to all suggestions so long as they are presented civily. That's what counts

Old Today, 04:37 AM

37,604 posts, read 16,312,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Soooo....what would amending the 2A accomplish? Pave the way for more restrictive laws or outright bans and confiscation I suppose. Still no effect on criminal misuse of firearms. Just denial of citizens to legally possess firearms. For any purpose if "amendment" means striking the 2A from the Constitution.

The US is and has always been an armed nation. In terms of national security this has always been a consideration to any who have considered an invasion of the country as an option in war. Admiral Yamamoto warned the Imperial Japanese government of this in WW2. "A rifle behind every blade of grass" was the warning he issued to the Imperial command in regards to an invasion of the US.

Domestically armed citizens have always been a factor to criminals when making plans for violent crime such as robberies. And potential murder victims have also not been totally helpless in the face of such acts being carried out. Until more recently that is as more and more laws have taken firearms away from citizens in locations where such laws have been implemented.

This has allowed violent street gangs to take over and occupy many areas and pretty much establish their own systems of governance. These mass shootings are not near as common as violent oppression of local populations by criminal gangs who also carry out mass shootings every day that do not receive any coverage on news sources.

There is a LOT to discuss on this issue and not very many people are doing so. Rather they are ranting and raving about ban this and ban that, do away with the 2A, confiscate privately owned firearms, and slinging insults about "gun humpers, wannabe Rambos, firearms being penile substitutes, and stereotypes of gun owners as tobacco drooling unkempt beard sporting, beer swilling, backwoods Bubbas." Or on the flipside "sheeple, rabbit breed, wannabe intellectual supermen, ignorant, John Lennon looking, gated community dwelling, college educated idiots."

Both stereotypes accomplish nothing and just serve to tick people off and stifle any real discourse on the issue. OK, personally I'm not willing to give up any more than I already have in terms of laws and government regulation and intervention.

Other than my stated willingness to move on CCW requirements. I am also open to letting mental health records of violent and/or potentially violent people who courts and mental health professionals have deemed to be so into the current BC system. Other than that I believe we have enough laws. I'm sure I'm missing things that have merit as suggestions and am willing to listen and not hurl invective at these things.
"Soooo....what would amending the 2A accomplish?"

I DON'T think it will be amended nor should it be.

My POINT, which you missed, if all these ant-gunners are so gung-ho on making worthless laws DO SOMETHING REAL like amending the 2nd amendment.

They KNOW it will NEVER pass so they ignore the ONLY avenue they have.

I believe with more conservative courts, many of the EXITING laws will b challenged and the Supreme court will strike them down

Old Today, 05:40 AM

30,616 posts, read 20,232,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
While I support gun control, I did hear a pundit the other day tick off the red flags, laws flouted, etc. in the case of the Parkland school shooter. One after another law and rule was brushed aside until the dam finally broke.

It does seem nonsensical that the solution to this mess should be to pass yet another new law.

Right, because anyone planning mass shooting can simply store weapons where they won't be found by LE.

These laws will be useless for anything except personal squabbles.

Old Today, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Soooo....what would amending the 2A accomplish?"

I DON'T think it will be amended nor should it be.

My POINT, which you missed, if all these ant-gunners are so gung-ho on making worthless laws DO SOMETHING REAL like amending the 2nd amendment.

They KNOW it will NEVER pass so they ignore the ONLY avenue they have.

I believe with more conservative courts, many of the EXITING laws will b challenged and the Supreme court will strike them down

Alright. Thanks for clarifying. As I see it since going straight after the 2A is indeed the only avenue that would actually "do something" in terms of massive disarmament. But it still leaves criminals well armed an we citizens lined up for slaughter. From the criminals and government both as the government state and federal wind up in a war with the armed criminals and we now made criminal citizens get caught up in the fracas.

Instead the anti firearms crowd has chosen to chip away at the 2A. The slowly boiling frog strategy. Which has the same result just at a slower rate. State and municipal governments have enacted totally unconstitutional firearms laws but amended their state constitutions to allow that. State and municipal laws here in NV are state constitution forbidden from enacting laws stronger than what the Constitution allows. The new Vegas elected governor and legislature are working to change that.

They already passed a BC law for private sales which LE statewide has refused to enforce, because it's unenforceable. Which they were warned about when they passed it and were working to pass it. Now they passed red flag and it is being challenged in court. And it will be struck down. So they are going after the state constitution with it's nagging federal Constitution requirement clause. (sigh) Californication.

Old Today, 03:52 PM

9,967 posts, read 4,695,898 times
I know, just make shooting someone illegal. That should do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or