U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-12-2019, 09:03 AM
 
16,749 posts, read 4,401,221 times
Reputation: 11685

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I agree- anyone who thinks he really committed suicide is a fool.

Are we to suspect that the Clintons are just "Jonahs" and have really, really bad luck with their friends dying on them right and left?
Yeah, look at Daddy Bush....Clintons loved him and he died.

I'm sure the Clintons know thousands or tens of thousands of people......many died. Wow. Even Reagan died.......and I'm sure Bill and Hillary knew him well.

When Trump passes we'll be able to say it was because he invited the Clintons to his 3rd Wedding.....

When the Clintons pass we'll be able to note that....well, they did so because they knew themselves well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-12-2019, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Barrington
47,156 posts, read 34,610,853 times
Reputation: 15645
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I rather doubt it was the Clintons. Too obvious. Not that they wouldnt.

Someone either.
worth 100MM+ likely 500MM+
or
member or former member of congress, president, cabinet.
or
high end family like Clintons

Some will still be prosecuted but this will drastically reduce the number of ubermensch prosecuted.
His death is meaningless.

There may be real unaltered tapes- thousands of tapes anywhere in the world. Tapes could be released at any time, including post humous.

Absolutely no one who engaged has any certainty that their secrets died with Epstein.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 09:11 AM
 
19,677 posts, read 17,712,424 times
Reputation: 10797
The poll seems about right. Maybe 20 to 25% of the people are who I call " The Ostrich People" who have their heads in the sand(or some other place) and like to live in a world that doesn't scare them and be told that everything is okay.
The rest will look at something and at least wonder about it. A few will try to find out the truth and inform others about it. Of course, now these people have been branded dangerous conspiracy theorists and online free speech has to be restricted for "our safety".
Like when we were told we had to restrict online free speech because the Russians fixed our election. Until we found out they didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 09:14 AM
 
9,800 posts, read 2,959,273 times
Reputation: 5844
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Godfather Hillary Clinton Strikes again. President Trump be careful what you say about Godfather Hillary and watch your back!





Attachment 213622


https://nypost.com/2019/08/11/theres...icide-sources/

I see the conspiracy theories are alive and well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 09:25 AM
 
Location: Barrington
47,156 posts, read 34,610,853 times
Reputation: 15645
AG, Barr just was on TV to communicate how appalled he and the entire department is. He mentioned unspecified irregularities at the facility and how it will be investigated. He also made clear the DOJ will pursue the allegations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 09:33 AM
 
Location: Out West
23,129 posts, read 17,112,444 times
Reputation: 26772
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I agree- anyone who thinks he really committed suicide is a fool.


However, you will have MANY liberals stating that he was not killed and that the democrats (Clintons) had nothing to do with it. Why? They believed all the other deaths were just "coincidences" as well, so another death for a Clinton friend is just par for the course.


Are we to suspect that the Clintons are just "Jonahs" and have really, really bad luck with their friends dying on them right and left?
I'm not going to assign blame on who did what - simply because there were so. many. wealthy and powerful people who had a reason.

What floors me is that some posters on here actually want us to suspend reality and believe that a prison is run that carelessly. That's nonsense. You cannot run a prison in such a careless manner. The biggest job of the corrections officer is to protect the inmates. They aren't there to just to watch inmates mill about in the pod, they are there to ensure that the inmates do not get injured or killed. That is their #1 job. Their #2 job is to ensure public safety - to ensure that no inmate escapes and goes out to harm innocent people in public. And their #3 job is to protect themselves and all the other workers at the prison.

The reason for their #1 job is because you don't want inmates injured, killed, and you sure as hell don't want fricken riots. And it doesn't take much to set off a riot.

To expect me to believe that someone who is supposed to be checked every 20 minutes, and for definite every hour, is not checked for hours? REALLY? People expect me to believe that BS? Even the laziest of corrections officers will do at least that - because they know, if anything happens, THEY are in hot water.

Missed one 20 minute check? Pathetic and incompetent, but it could be believable. Missed hours? Hell. No.

Then you add into the mix that he:

** "Attempted suicide" before - or was injured by someone before.
**Was taken off of suicide watch, had a cell mate who conveniently was transferred.
**Apparently there is no video of anything, not necessarily "inside the cell" - of anything. How the hell is it possible that there's no video of ANYTHING?
**No checks for hours when as a base, they are to check all inmates at least once an hour, this guy was supposed to be every 20 minutes, and no one checked for hours.

And people on here acting like they know better pretending all of this doesn't add up to: BULL. SPIT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 09:36 AM
 
4,232 posts, read 6,481,779 times
Reputation: 4373
OP has is wrong again. Trump has ties to organized crime and also the Russian mafia. Barr is Trump's front man and is in no way working for the benefit of the US and it's citizens. There are many videos available on YouTube showing Trump and Epstein partying. Epstein was supplying sex slaves, many underaged, to the wealthiest people in the world. Do you think for a moment that Trump was not in on the action?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 09:38 AM
 
39,130 posts, read 15,385,022 times
Reputation: 25532
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
AG, Barr just was on TV to communicate how appalled he and the entire department is. He mentioned unspecified irregularities at the facility and how it will be investigated. He also made clear the DOJ will pursue the allegations.
Did he happen to mention whether he had visited Epstein recently?

Hard to imagine why the Attorney General would be visiting Epstein, but NYPost reported they had received this information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 09:39 AM
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
15,199 posts, read 9,335,469 times
Reputation: 10116
I think some here have holes in their tinfoil hats. I still think it’s interesting how Trump supporters ignore the fact that Epstein and Trump were friends. Nothing surprising about it though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2019, 09:49 AM
 
Location: alexandria, VA
10,137 posts, read 4,530,518 times
Reputation: 5647
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I think some here have holes in their tinfoil hats. I still think itís interesting how Trump supporters ignore the fact that Epstein and Trump were friends. Nothing surprising about it though.
Birds of a feather...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top