U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 06:47 PM

22,639 posts, read 14,851,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Wrong, he was in a Federal facility. Which thanks to Trumps administration is under staffed.
This is true. A federal facility. Trump cut BOP budget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 06:51 PM

22,639 posts, read 14,851,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
OK let's be real here. I have never heard of an AG being responsible for the daily running of any prison. Your TDS is showing and how....

The prison has policies. The policies for whatever reason were not followed. The question is who owns that?

In my book the Warden. It is his job to enforce policy and create the culture that policy is always followed. Chances are that warden has had the job for sometime. Longer than Trump has been POTUS.

The guards. I would be looking at their bank accounts and debts, I would keep them under the microscope for a few years.
I believe the BOP falls under Dept. of Justice. But no, the AG is not tasked with the running of a holding facility.

But where does the buck stop?

I am sure someone will become the scapegoat; I am thinking lower level functionary.

Old 08-12-2019, 06:52 PM

2,001 posts, read 1,987,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
This is one of the few times where I am going to side with the conspiracy group. There are far too many coincidences. This wasn't a guano one heard of or cared about. This was a super high priority scum bag. If ever there was someone who needed to be suicided it was Epstein.

Yes they will continue the investigation, and it will be much easier to change the narrative without the main character being alive to call bs or to tell what really happened....

There are too many high profile politicians on both sides of this who have been implicated including high ranking foreign nationals.

Maybe Epstein killed himself, but I think it just as plausible that he was murdered.
I doubt anyone is truly surprised that Epstein was "suicided" before he could spill the beans.

And he won't likely be the last person either. Wealthy/powerful folks can be some pretty f'in evil people

Old 08-12-2019, 06:52 PM

9,338 posts, read 2,646,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Nobody has connected any dots. Anyone who has been remotely connected with the Democrats in the last 30 years dies and you all connect a dot to Clinton.

You all seem to know but it is funny the Republican DOJ -- nothing -- can't find anything to stick.

At some point you have to acknowledge that it is all hopes and dreams and unicorns.

This Epstein case -- Clinton has less to lose right now than Trump does......

And it doesn't matter -- the investigation is going to happen anyway -- only stupid Trump would kill someone thinking it would end the investigation. The Clintons know the law -- they know the investigation will still go on....lol.
Lets be honest a dead witness is far better for the guilty than a live one. That's why the Mafia likes to kill star witnesses and why we have a witness protection program. Who knows what Trump card Epstein was holding, hoping to use it to negotiate a prison friendly sentence at one of our country club prisons for the elite. With him dead it makes it much harder to prove anything.

A dead Epstein certainly benefits the guilty more than a live Epstein.

While I find it amusing that Trump blamed the Clintons, they certainly deserve all the scorn in the world for how they treated Bills many victims. I also don't believe that they are guilty. LOL There are far too many of the elite involved this time. If anything it was a group consensus that Epstein really did need to be suicided for the benefit of all about to be accused.

Old 08-12-2019, 06:55 PM

4,990 posts, read 1,322,400 times
There is no conspiracy to kill Epstein. The officers didn't do what they are supposed to do by policy and will be the scapegoats, though they won't be fired. Especially the one on mandatory overtime. They might lose some pay and the union will use this to get more staff hired. People commit suicide in prison all the time. If I were Epstein who is used to a comfy lifestyle, and facing what he was facing, I would probably off myself too. And it's not the AG's job to personally mind the 122 federal prisons. To think so is silly beyond measure.

Old 08-12-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I believe the BOP falls under Dept. of Justice. But no, the AG is not tasked with the running of a holding facility.

But where does the buck stop?

I am sure someone will become the scapegoat; I am thinking lower level functionary.
The Warden owns it. He is the go to guy.

In the private sector the plant manager owns a site. For the better and for the worst. Something bad happens on his watch, it isn't the CEO who takes the fall, nor should it be, it will be the plant manager. That's why he was paid the big bucks.

In the prison you have the Warden, his back up, captain of the guards and the guards.

Chances are the Union will fight to protect the guards from being fired. They are already playing the over worked angle.

That Warden is finished. No maybe about it, and maybe even his back up.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
There is no conspiracy to kill Epstein. The officers didn't do what they are supposed to do by policy and will be the scapegoats, though they won't be fired. Especially the one on mandatory overtime. They might lose some pay and the union will use this to get more staff hired. People commit suicide in prison all the time. If I were Epstein who is used to a comfy lifestyle, and facing what he was facing, I would probably off myself too. And it's not the AG's job to mind the 122 federal prisons. To think so is silly beyond measure.
If I was a multi-billionaire used to buying my way out of anything, on trial in a country where OJ was found not guilty, I would be betting that I could buy my way to a sweet deal. I agree with the rest of your post.

If Epstein was a snot nosed rich kid with no experience of using his money to buy influence I would agree with you. Epstein knew where the bodies are buried if you will. He had dirt on world leaders and a former president.

The democrat party absolutely wishes that Bill would disappear already, he has outlived his usefulness. That said they don't want to spend the next decade explaining why they supported such a scum bag for years.

If ever there was a bi-partisan cause that both parties (the actual party leadership) could get behind it would be that Epstein needed to be suicided.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:05 PM

12,114 posts, read 3,012,037 times
Prison bedsheets are made of paper so can't be used to hang someone

Old 08-12-2019, 07:07 PM

4,990 posts, read 1,322,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Prison bedsheets are made of paper so can't be used to hang someone
This is not true for normal cells that are not suicide watch cells.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:09 PM

1,768 posts, read 894,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
There is no conspiracy to kill Epstein. The officers didn't do what they are supposed to do by policy and will be the scapegoats, though they won't be fired. Especially the one on mandatory overtime. They might lose some pay and the union will use this to get more staff hired. People commit suicide in prison all the time. If I were Epstein who is used to a comfy lifestyle, and facing what he was facing, I would probably off myself too. And it's not the AG's job to personally mind the 122 federal prisons. To think so is silly beyond measure.
You can't honestly believe this. People who work at the prison literally don't know wtf happened. Everything was outside the norm when this happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or