U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 07:10 PM

12,082 posts, read 3,005,808 times

Advertisements

Two of Epstein's lawyers have hired their own attorneys. Has to do with his finances
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 07:12 PM

4,987 posts, read 1,320,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
You can't honestly believe this. People who work at the prison literally don't know wtf happened. Everything was outside the norm when this happened.
Yeah I actually do. More than some wild conspiracy that could never remain quiet.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:13 PM

16,773 posts, read 4,406,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
OK let's be real here. I have never heard of an AG being responsible for the daily running of any prison. Your TDS is showing and how....

The prison has policies. The policies for whatever reason were not followed. The question is who owns that?

In my book the Warden. It is his job to enforce policy and create the culture that policy is always followed. Chances are that warden has had the job for sometime. Longer than Trump has been POTUS.

The guards. I would be looking at their bank accounts and debts, I would keep them under the microscope for a few years.
That's just silly. Your assumption is that this could have happened to anyone anytime.

No one is going to investigate a couple layers deep...especially if those people don't want to...and there is absolutely NO reason Barr, Trump and the DOJ to want to get to the bottom of this.

No matter how naive one tries to be....there is no scenario where you can project that Trump wanted the Acosta thing to happen (to have to fire him) or that he wanted his friend that he bragged about and is on video with to become the top headline of the month or year.

There is not a single reason that the DOJ doesn't want the general situation do die a slow death. No doubt....settlements will be made, investigations happen, names released but it will just be "another day, another story about the basics" since the protagonist is dead.

The key words in your post are "for some reason". The reason is that there is no upside to this situation for Trump and his allies.....or for Israel or for the UK or for some other countries (Saudis may even be involved)....

Do you really think that this is coincidence? I'm a person of logic and reason (don't believe in Spirits or most Conspiracies) and yet this is fairly clear.

The "value" of these heads of state is not to be compared with most of the situations we look at each day. It's virtually the entire basis of much of the world.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:14 PM

1,663 posts, read 353,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Two of Epstein's lawyers have hired their own attorneys. Has to do with his finances
The Feds are probably taking all his assets saying they are connected to the crimes.
Victims' lawyers have already been tweeting that his entire estate should be divided up and given to the victims.

Now that he's dead the fight will turn to who gets the money.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:15 PM

4,987 posts, read 1,320,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
This doesn't surprise me. They want to get paid for what they've done thus far.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:16 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,296,402 times
They always say the way to cover up something and to satisfy the folks who think there is something fishy going on, is to have an 'official' investigation into it. I believe there are different rules which apply to an official investigation which can make sure that the really important questions are not addressed.

Sometimes the scope of an investigation is too narrow and not wide enough to answer the accusations. Thats what has happened in the past. The investigation will not be open to public scrutiny due to the important people involved. I predict there will be no autopsy and his body will be cremated quickly (rather like we were not allowed to see Bin Laden's body before it was buried at sea).

I also hope Epstein had a bunch of document copies stashed away somewhere which he left instructions to publish. It will serve them right for killing him.

Just a thought - Now he's dead, will his fortune go to where he wants it to? (his family, etc) This might have been an 'honerable' way (to kill himself) to allow his $$$$ to NOT go to the state and to NOT be siezed by the courts.

When events like this happen which makes everyone look at and discuss it, the PTB use this major event to slip something by us, so everyone needs to keep a good eye on what else is happening and the "small" pieces in the news.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:17 PM

9,291 posts, read 2,640,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
That's just silly. Your assumption is that this could have happened to anyone anytime.

No one is going to investigate a couple layers deep...especially if those people don't want to...and there is absolutely NO reason Barr, Trump and the DOJ to want to get to the bottom of this.

No matter how naive one tries to be....there is no scenario where you can project that Trump wanted the Acosta thing to happen (to have to fire him) or that he wanted his friend that he bragged about and is on video with to become the top headline of the month or year.

There is not a single reason that the DOJ doesn't want the general situation do die a slow death. No doubt....settlements will be made, investigations happen, names released but it will just be "another day, another story about the basics" since the protagonist is dead.

The key words in your post are "for some reason". The reason is that there is no upside to this situation for Trump and his allies.....or for Israel or for the UK or for some other countries (Saudis may even be involved)....

Do you really think that this is coincidence? I'm a person of logic and reason (don't believe in Spirits or most Conspiracies) and yet this is fairly clear.

The "value" of these heads of state is not to be compared with most of the situations we look at each day. It's virtually the entire basis of much of the world.
I believe that a dead witness is far better than a live witness for the guilty. The guilty in this case are many of the elite not only in our country but of our allies as well.

If witnesses are so unimportant to justice, why do we need a witness protection program?

Ill tell you something else that I believe. When it comes to government, any government, there are no good guys at the top.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:25 PM

867 posts, read 231,437 times
He knew that the prosecutors would have asked him to give up his list of people that he hung out with and did business with. Those people were very powerful people. He was probably given a choice. You do it yourself or we do it.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:27 PM

12,082 posts, read 3,005,808 times
Retired NYPD detective John Cardillo said on Sebastian Gorka's radio show that the Epstein case is now being handled not by SDNY child sex crimes prosecutor but by the public corruption prosecutors, which means they know politicians are involved.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:27 PM

9,291 posts, read 2,640,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpacked View Post
He knew that the prosecutors would have asked him to give up his list of people that he hung out with and did business with. Those people were very powerful people. He was probably given a choice. You do it yourself or we do it.
I can believe that scenario. That would explain the failure to follow policy as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or