Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 10:36 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
From the article: One such study conducted from 2010 to 2013 that looked at suicidal hangings in India found that hyoid damage was present in just 16 of 264 cases, or 6 percent.
I'll bet there is data purposely being left out just to enhance this conspiracy theory. Such as perhaps those 6 percent were people who committed suicide by hanging were those individuals over 6 foot tall and over 200 pounds. What perhaps causes the hyoid damage in a hanging is the weight of the individual.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyoid_bone_fracture

Old 08-15-2019, 10:42 AM

952 posts, read 323,818 times
The Hyoid bone is not an easy bone to break , and requires a great deal of direct pressure to break .
In a leaning forward position using a bedsheet the pressure would be distributed over a much greater area than in a strangulation where the two thumbs , ( the thumbs being the strongest fingers ) are applying direct pressure on a very specific area .
That is why the hyoid bone is much more likely to be broken in a murder rather than suicide .

Old 08-15-2019, 10:50 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfailing presence View Post
The Hyoid bone is not an easy bone to break , and requires a great deal of direct pressure to break .
In a leaning forward position using a bedsheet the pressure would be distributed over a much greater area than in a strangulation where the two thumbs , ( the thumbs being the strongest fingers ) are applying direct pressure on a very specific area .
That is why the hyoid bone is much more likely to be broken in a murder rather than suicide .
On average 27% of hangings result in the hyoid bone being fractured. Again, probably depends on the weight of the individual hanging. Epstein was a tall heavy guy.

I'll bet you if they hung 10 guys, all over 200 pounds, they'd all have fractured hyoids.

This isn't rocket science. This is common sense. I guess that eludes many of the posters on this form.

Old 08-15-2019, 10:56 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
On average 27% of hangings result in the hyoid bone being fractured. Again, probably depends on the weight of the individual hanging. Epstein was a tall heavy guy.
we're all focusing on the hyoid, but the report says several broken neck bones.

it doesn't really matter how tall and heavy he was when there was no way for him to suspend himself by hanging where his entire body weight impended on his neck.

Old 08-15-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So does hanging. Stop the conspiracy theory nonsense.
" Hanging " implies totally suspended . " leaning " is a whole another kettle of fish .
The incessant need to equate " hanging " with leaning forward on your knees being displayed here is curious to me .
Seems almost desperate .

Robin Williams & David Carradine both committed suicide leaning style as Epstein is alleged to have done .
I have no idea but my money would be bet on the fact that neither one of them suffered a broken hyoid bone in their deaths .
I will try and see if I can find out .

Last edited by unfailing presence; 08-15-2019 at 11:13 AM..

Old 08-15-2019, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by unfailing presence

Quote:

I'll bet you if they hung 10 guys, all over 200 pounds, they'd all have fractured hyoids.

This isn't rocket science. This is common sense. I guess that eludes many of the posters on this form.

"hangings" or Leanings ?

And please do not equate the two in your statistics . Two different animals .
Pretending they are the same is not " common sense " or " rocket science "

Old 08-15-2019, 11:14 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
He wasn't killed because he's a pedophile. He was killed because he knows other powerful people who had sex with those young girls.
You're good. You not only know for a fact that he was killed without any real evidence whatsoever, you also know why he was murdered! Maybe AG Barr's DOJ, who oversees the federal jail system, can find out what really jhappened. If not, you should give them a call~

Old 08-15-2019, 11:18 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
I'm sure there's a simple explanation.

When the paper bedsheet didn't work from a 4ft bunkbed he then strangled himself.

Old 08-15-2019, 11:22 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
surprised it took this long for the conspiracists to connect all of this together.

Now that we've determined he was murdered, the next illogical step is to somehow link Trump to it.

Get busy boys and girls, we know you can do it!

Old 08-15-2019, 11:23 AM

"hangings" or Leanings ?

And please do not equate the two in your statistics . Two different animals .
Pretending they are the same is not " common sense " or " rocket science "

Quote:
Keep pounding yourself to the conspiracy theory.
Ability to distinguish between "hangings" and " leaning" would require some common sense .
I do understand your position .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies