U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 03:49 PM

22,639 posts, read 14,851,417 times

Advertisements

The broken bones in the neck sound suspicious, but if you read more about this, you find out that with older people, bones might break in a suicide hanging.

I do not know whether Epstein killed himself, or was assisted. But I cannot imagine how anyone could get into the wing, and out again without being detected by a human, or camera. There were cameras in the hall or corridor, as I understand it.

I hope more info is released.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 03:51 PM

10,420 posts, read 12,146,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You mean like Clinton and/or President Trump?

Clinton.....

Old 08-15-2019, 03:52 PM

22,639 posts, read 14,851,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Did you? The OP stated that the fracture is more common in homicide, which is exactly what the article states. Maybe you need to go back and read it yourself.
But is also found in older suicide victims. If that is true, the broken bones really do not prove anything.

If there truly is a conspiracy, do you think the broken neck bones information would have been released?

I’d say now, we simply do not know for sure.

Old 08-15-2019, 03:56 PM

23,155 posts, read 17,126,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
According to the article you posted, these can happen due to hanging OR strangulation.

Did you read it?
Yes, the OP stated that. My question is, with the quoted 6% possibility of it happening in hangings, where, exactly, did Epstein hang himself from? They don't have anything to hang themselves from in the cells. Not even the top bunk would be suitable as it's not that tall. He could have wrapped something around his neck and rolled until it tightened up, but would that break the particular bone in question, or is that 6% from those who actually hang from something, where the weight of the body causes a break?

Why the hell do these reporters not ask these types of questions so that they can provide these details to their readers who may not know. I'm so tired of useless journalists.

Old 08-15-2019, 03:58 PM

9,540 posts, read 17,620,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
But is also found in older suicide victims. If that is true, the broken bones really do not prove anything.

If there truly is a conspiracy, do you think the broken neck bones information would have been released?

Id say now, we simply do not know for sure.
No disagreement there. I was simply pointing out the irony of someone lambasting the OP for misconstruing the article when they got it exactly right.

Old 08-15-2019, 04:01 PM

10,420 posts, read 12,146,310 times
But..isn't it hard to hang yourself on paper bedsheets?

Old 08-15-2019, 04:06 PM

1,669 posts, read 355,586 times
I could see broken bones if you're hanging from the rafters.
But in a jail cell ? Bed was 4ft high. Best he could hope for is twisting and turning that paper sheet so he asphyxiated himself.

Old 08-15-2019, 04:07 PM

23,155 posts, read 17,126,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
But..isn't it hard to hang yourself on paper bedsheets?
This myth about paper bed sheets needs to stop. They have actual sheets in their cells. They have actual blankets in their cells. They have actual mattress pads in their cells. Are they as nice and comfy as we are used to? Absolutely not. They are pathetic, but they are not paper.

Old 08-15-2019, 04:09 PM

3,423 posts, read 995,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yes, the OP stated that. My question is, with the quoted 6% possibility of it happening in hangings, where, exactly, did Epstein hang himself from?
...that's just it.....you break bones from a jolt....

Old 08-15-2019, 04:13 PM

445 posts, read 61,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This myth about paper bed sheets needs to stop. They have actual sheets in their cells. They have actual blankets in their cells. They have actual mattress pads in their cells. Are they as nice and comfy as we are used to? Absolutely not. They are pathetic, but they are not paper.
On suicide watch you're given paper sheets. He was taken off suicide watch apparently, hence he would have access to sheets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or