U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 07:56 AM

27,841 posts, read 19,494,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Interesting aside here...none of the MSM are digging into those 2000 pages that got released.
Lots of big names showed up..all allegations of course.
Al Gore is even named in those papers...no sexual ties to the girls though..just to Epstein.
they don't seem very interested, do they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 08:00 AM

10,184 posts, read 4,541,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
No paper sheets - his attorney got him off of suicide watch. Did you miss that reporting?
I am aware of that. I have also heard that the sheets in his cell were not strong enough to use for suicide by hanging. But apparently that's not the case. Was Epstein supposed to have been issued suicide-proof sheets but was given regular linen sheets instead? Like I said: so many questions. So few answers. But AG Barr is "appalled" and I'm sure he'll get to the bottom of this.

Old 08-16-2019, 08:13 AM

1,669 posts, read 355,586 times
Quote:
No paper sheets - his attorney got him off of suicide watch. Did you miss that reporting?
Supposedly only the Chief Psychologist and Warden can take inmates off suicide watch.

This was from a former Warden who worked in 3 Federal prisons.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...icide-n1041121
But Epsteinís status was changed sometime in the last two weeks for reasons that remain unknown, officials told NBC News. Sources familiar with the case say Epstein underwent a psychiatric evaluation and the decision was made to clear him from suicide watch on or around July 29 and returned to a cell in the Special Housing Unit (SHU.) The decision would normally have to have been authorized by the jailís suicide prevention program coordinator, who is ordinarily the institutionís chief psychologist, and approved by the warden.

Old 08-16-2019, 08:14 AM

30,663 posts, read 47,866,479 times
Why would the coroner’s office release the body so quickly
As far as I know there is still the possibility this could be deemed a questionable death—
Not definitively suicide
So why release the body if there might be other people who want to have an autopsy by outside forensic expert???

That release so quickly in itself is reason to speculate there are nefarious aspects to this case

Old 08-16-2019, 08:15 AM

30,663 posts, read 47,866,479 times
Quote:
Supposedly only the Chief Psychologist and Warden can take inmates off suicide watch.

This was from a former Warden who worked in 3 Federal prisons.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...icide-n1041121
But Epsteinís status was changed sometime in the last two weeks for reasons that remain unknown, officials told NBC News. Sources familiar with the case say Epstein underwent a psychiatric evaluation and the decision was made to clear him from suicide watch on or around July 29 and returned to a cell in the Special Housing Unit (SHU.) The decision would normally have to have been authorized by the jailís suicide prevention program coordinator, who is ordinarily the institutionís chief psychologist, and approved by the warden.
If Epstein felt he was being targeted would he feel ďsaferĒ NOT on suicide watch???

24,176 posts, read 12,682,390 times
Quote:
See many have made up stories in their head -- who needs facts -- come on - that's ridiculous.

16,873 posts, read 4,420,594 times
Quote:
Interesting aside here...none of the MSM are digging into those 2000 pages that got released.
Lots of big names showed up..all allegations of course.
Al Gore is even named in those papers...no sexual ties to the girls though..just to Epstein.
Interesting aside is that real journalism can take months.....and following up on 2000 pages....well, years.

I'm sure listings of the names will be displayed somewhere but that's not reporting or investigation. Epstein had LOTS of friends and people he was seen with (donated to foundations, etc.) and that all means nothing.

The first thing to consider is that 95% or more of the people who knew Epstein are guilty of nothing. Maybe 1/2 or more of the remainder are "guilty" of only overlooking things (like the majority of people do regularly)...

A few are guilty of having sex with underage females...maybe not knowing their exact age (17, for example) or maybe even being legal...as 17 might be in many places.

We eventually have to distill things down to any crimes....financial, trafficking, etc.

If it ends up ensnaring a dozen people I will be surprised.

Old 08-16-2019, 08:19 AM

10,184 posts, read 4,541,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Why would the coronerís office release the body so quickly
As far as I know there is still the possibility this could be deemed a questionable deathó
Not definitively suicide
So why release the body if there might be other people who want to have an autopsy by outside forensic expert???

That release so quickly in itself is reason to speculate there are nefarious aspects to this case
I saw that Epstein's body was released to an "unidentified associate". I would bet that it's already been cremated.

Old 08-16-2019, 08:27 AM

1,669 posts, read 355,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I saw that Epstein's body was released to an "unidentified associate". I would bet that it's already been cremated.
Yup so there will be no questioning now what comes out from the autopsy.
No one can question it..the body is gone.

All is left now is speculation which we all know can be brushed off...tin foil hat, conspiracy nuts, etc.

Old 08-16-2019, 08:35 AM

67,504 posts, read 34,429,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Especially from a low height. The weight of the body has to drop with enough force to sever the brain from the spine with a snap. No bunk bed is high enough.

A properly done hanging (and it can be tricky) will snap the neck. If not done right the victim dangles pitiably and strangles, a much longer (and more agonizing) process, jerking and kicking.

If I recall correctly some of the Germans sentenced to death at Nuremberg died by strangulation because the hanging procedures were faulty, and of course some of the many hundreds of victims of Hitler's purge after the 20 July plot were deliberately hung in a way to strangle slowly, from hooks. Hitler had these executions filmed, for his viewing pleasure.

He suffocated. The bones(adams apple) and other bones were broken from pressure applied. Not a sudden jerk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or