U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 02:15 PM

873 posts, read 943,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Too many powerful people from all political points of views were at risk. No surprise
I have yet to see any Republicans who ran in his circle. Trump was a democrat back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 02:20 PM

10,139 posts, read 4,530,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Could just be that "they" are hugely embarrassed, and are doing their best to downplay everything about Epstein's suicide, in hopes people will start talking about something else. That hardly ever works, BTW, as any person who follows politics knows.

Or....?
Yes, could be nothing more than someone was asleep at the switch. But so far it almost seems like they (DOJ and MCC) are stonewalling. Meanwhile Barr putting on a show of being "appalled" and it still looks like stonewalling.

Old 08-16-2019, 02:24 PM

1,662 posts, read 352,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
I have yet to see any Republicans who ran in his circle. Trump was a democrat back then.
Think big..who was President when Acosta did the deal with Epstein ? Who was the AG back then ?
Acosta back then was only state AG. He didn't have that kind of power. That would have come from up high..like DC to cut that kind of deal.

Old 08-16-2019, 02:29 PM

1,812 posts, read 445,501 times
One cartoonist did that Epstein related toon where some people isn't sad about his death on Twitter.

Old 08-16-2019, 02:30 PM

10,139 posts, read 4,530,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Think big..who was President when Acosta did the deal with Epstein ? Who was the AG back then ?
Acosta back then was only state AG. He didn't have that kind of power. That would have come from up high..like DC to cut that kind of deal.
And who rewarded Acosta with a plum cabinet position?

Old 08-16-2019, 02:30 PM

39,130 posts, read 15,385,022 times
Looks like the fix is on this as well.

Old 08-16-2019, 02:32 PM

Has Barr finished Epstein's suicide note yet? Anyone know?

Old 08-16-2019, 02:33 PM

Well, there's that.

Old 08-16-2019, 02:37 PM

5,049 posts, read 2,266,034 times
There are some things that seem 'fishy to me.

Why did they wait until after he was dead to raid his private island? At least one account noted a lot of people (who knows who they were) had been coming and going for weeks since Epstein had been jailed allegedly carrying off various things.

As far as the hanging and all the talk about broken bones ... Its one thing if you have a rope around your neck and drop 8 or 10 feet. Its something else if you have wide bed sheets wrapped around your neck and drop from 2 or 3 feet. I say this because its been reported he hung himself in his cell with bed sheets. I am not sure how high the ceiling is in a jail cell but I assume a normal height of 8 to 10 feet. If you are 6 foot tall, it would be hard to drop more than 2 or 3 feet. I guess bed sheets might be ripped and braided to be more rope like, but still, the forces involved could be presumed to be substantially less than the old west gallows hanging. A very uneducated guess would lead me to lean more toward strangulation than trauma (e.g. broken bones) unless there were other forces involved. I think all this talk about a broken hyoid bone is just happenstance and could have occurred in most any scenario. It is mainly just something to fill time on the evening news.

Old 08-16-2019, 02:41 PM

3,641 posts, read 1,014,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Bill Clinton is suggesting that he flew on the Pedophile Express only four times. Log books indicate he was on it at least 27 times. Who's lying, Bill Clinton or the log books?

Bill Clinton sternly denied having "sex" with "that woman" (Monica). The blue dress with what could have turned out to be Chelsea Clinton's little sister shows up. Who's lying, Bill Clinton or Monica with the stain on the blue dress?

Hillary Clinton sternly advised that the secret server she had set up in her home was for, among other personal "reasons" used to communicate often with Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton on the other hand sternly advised that he had only received, 1, maybe 2 communications from Hillary via the secret server.
Who's lying, Hillary or Bill?
I just looked at the log book photo again. They look like trips where each leg is logged, not really separate trips.

You can see it in the arriving destination and departing destination columns. You can see departing port A, Arriving port B. Next column is departing port B, arriving port C. Depends on if the abbreviations show he even stopped there, as far as these logs go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or