U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 09:42 AM

1,669 posts, read 355,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Trump chose to retweet a comedian who tweeted the conspiracy theory the Clintonís did it.

Deflection that the death AG Barr immediately attributed to an ď apparent suicideĒ happened in a Federal facility? Or maybe it was just another bone to that portion of his base who believe conspiracy theories.

After all, Trump chose to become the celebrity of of the Birther Movement for years and then reluctantly acknowledged Obama was born in the US and did so to avoid looking like a whack job to the masses.
Trump also told the press to find the people that went to that island.

With all the big names that popped out from the testimony release you'd think some investigative journalists would be all over this.

You would think....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 09:49 AM

47,256 posts, read 34,649,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
I have read where there are many that think Barr had the autopsy altered to protect Trump. They believe Barr, as he did with the Mueller investigation, will use all the power of the federal government to shield his boss from ever being held responsible.
Barr said from the start, it was an apparent suicide.

Barr has yet to conclude or release any inf about the 7/23 incident that preceded Epsteinís death, weeks later.

Barr has not announced the body has been released to someone, despite anonymous sources who claim it was.
Epstein never married or had children. What was the rush? If true, very likely the remains will be cremated, eliminating the ability for a second autopsy, should a court, at a future date, seek to rule for it.

And at the end of the day, real life is often stranger than fiction.

Epsteinís death is meaningless.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Barr said from the start, it was an apparent suicide.

Barr has yet to conclude or release any inf about the 7/23 incident that preceded Epsteinís death, weeks later.

Barr has not announced the body has been released to someone, despite anonymous sources who claim it was.
Epstein never married or had children. What was the rush? If true, very likely the remains will be cremated, eliminating the ability for a second autopsy, should a court, at a future date, seek to rule for it.

And at the end of the day, real life is often stranger than fiction.

Epsteinís death is meaningless.
To you maybe. But I think Prince Andrew is breathing a sigh of relief that this is all over now.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Trump also told the press to find the people that went to that island.

With all the big names that popped out from the testimony release you'd think some investigative journalists would be all over this.

You would think....
Epstein knew thousands of people over the years, many of whom have their own planes.

Ghislaine Maxwell, allegedly Epsteinís partner in crime, is a pilot. The pilot can add/ omit any name or initial to flight logs.

A WSJ interviewed Epstein on his island 15 years ago. He was surprised by the absence of women on the island. He stayed in a guest house. Epstein conducted the interviews on the beach, not the main house and told the journalist the house was where he kept the girls. Wink wink. WSJ editorial board made the decision to not run the piece because it was all BS.

Epstein owned many properties where the alleged crimes occurred, including Palm Beach and NYC. Many attended parties at these properties over the years.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
To you maybe. But I think Prince Andrew is breathing a sigh of relief that this is all over now.
The Prince Andrew thing has been ď out thereĒ for years.

No one who engaged with underage girls on any of Epsteinís properties can ever sleep well. If there are tapes that can be authenticated......

Thinking Epstein might have gotten a kick out of releasing x number tapes on the anniversary of his death for decades. Can you imagine?

Old 08-17-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
The Prince Andrew thing has been ď out thereĒ for years.

No one who engaged with underage girls on any of Epsteinís properties can ever sleep well. If there are tapes that can be authenticated......

Thinking Epstein might have gotten a kick out of releasing x number tapes on the anniversary of his death for decades. Can you imagine?
I think they got any kill switches Epstein had.
He's been running loose for how many years now since that slap on the wrist ?

For all we know he may have been the last loose end. Maxwell hasn't been seen since 2016.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:43 AM

10,420 posts, read 12,141,490 times
I can just imagine Bill Clinton greeting the pilot of the plane on his 27th plane trip to Epstein's Island. Clinton says to the pilot: "Today, my name is Ricky Smith"

Pilot: "Okay, cool Ricky"

These rich folks along with lying Bill Clinton could have boarded that plane many times under fictitious names and who is going to squeal?

I think pilot of the plane should start talking...the things we could hear!

Old 08-17-2019, 10:50 AM

To all you folks thinking the Lolita Express went to the island....there is no landing strip for a plane on that island.

Old 08-17-2019, 12:10 PM

5,054 posts, read 2,270,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Those who commit suicide via leaning into a noose tied to a door knob or other lower structure supposedly lose consciousness when the blood flow to the brain is restricted. After that, it can take up to twenty minutes to die from lack of oxygen.

I'm not seeing where broken bones are part of this scenario.

Ditto ..

Having been involved in emergency medicine at a technical level for nearly 30 years ... early on we are trained to look at the MOI or mechanism of injury. This generally relates to car crashes, falls where energy is transferred from a source to the body and from one part of the body to another. For instance, if you jump from a roof, say 15 feet, to the ground and land on your feet, not only could your ankles break but so could your knees, your hips and there could be spinal cord injury as the energy of impact is transferred through the bones.

Anyway, tying a sheet or cord around your neck and to a relatively low object like a bed rail or door knob or clothes bar in a closet, then sitting down to tighten the noose is a valid way to suffocate your self. In general, there are two carotid arteries in the neck supplying blood to the brain. These two arteries on each side of the cricoid cartilage (Adams apple). People who exercise or have learned CPR in the past know to check for a pulse or pulse rate there. A moderate amount of pressure on both carotid arteries will shut off blood to the brain and cause unconscious, usually within 10-15 seconds. Once you black out you will not wake up if the blood flow is not returned. Within a few minutes you die of suffocation/lack of circulation of oxygen to the brain.

None of this is likely to provide enough energy/trauma/force to break several bones in the neck. I am not saying it is impossible. Some people may go into spasms and jerk involuntarily. Depending on the length of the noose and the weight of the person, just sliding/semi-falling into a sitting position could exert some of the forces necessary to break bones.

The hyoid bone is a small, fragile bone. Cervical bones are irregularly shaped with various openings and protrusions. They could break in a lot of different ways from simple closed fractures to being shattered.

There are a lot of things going on here but that does not stop it from being suspicious.

Old 08-17-2019, 03:15 PM

67,504 posts, read 34,429,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
There are some things that seem 'fishy to me.

Why did they wait until after he was dead to raid his private island? At least one account noted a lot of people (who knows who they were) had been coming and going for weeks since Epstein had been jailed allegedly carrying off various things.

As far as the hanging and all the talk about broken bones ... Its one thing if you have a rope around your neck and drop 8 or 10 feet. Its something else if you have wide bed sheets wrapped around your neck and drop from 2 or 3 feet. I say this because its been reported he hung himself in his cell with bed sheets. I am not sure how high the ceiling is in a jail cell but I assume a normal height of 8 to 10 feet. If you are 6 foot tall, it would be hard to drop more than 2 or 3 feet. I guess bed sheets might be ripped and braided to be more rope like, but still, the forces involved could be presumed to be substantially less than the old west gallows hanging. A very uneducated guess would lead me to lean more toward strangulation than trauma (e.g. broken bones) unless there were other forces involved. I think all this talk about a broken hyoid bone is just happenstance and could have occurred in most any scenario. It is mainly just something to fill time on the evening news.

Who knew?
That Suicide Watch, involved popcorn & hoagies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or