U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 05:55 AM

47,256 posts, read 34,649,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I just read that he will lead the Reentry Services Division.
Yes, he former position. His days as “ acting” director are over.
He might be relieved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2019, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
It’s not just my perception. There have been some leaks as I have said. Your job seems be to come in here and gaslight anybody who doesn’t fully believe an “official narrative”, which I have seen you do before on different occasions on different topics. Now of course I don’t know for certain what happened to this guy, that should go without saying, but I am hardly the only person in the room who doesn’t believe he killed himself. I see that as the probable conspiracy, betting man that I am, regardless of what the professional liars on TV say.
I was not there. I don’t know. I am comfortable suspending judgment. I don’t easily accept unidentified sources of click bait.

I do believe his death was meaningless. No certainty he would have ever testified or been honest if he did. The masses would have been more likely to believe / disbelieve him based on who he fingered.

Anyone who engaged with underaged girls on Epstein’s properties will never sleep well, not because of guilt. Rather, concern that there are tapes that might be released today, next week, next year or in ten years.

The battle over his estate will be interesting.

Old 08-20-2019, 07:44 AM

1,669 posts, read 355,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I was not there. I don’t know. I am comfortable suspending judgment. I don’t easily accept unidentified sources of click bait.

I do believe his death was meaningless. No certainty he would have ever testified or been honest if he did. The masses would have been more likely to believe / disbelieve him based on who he fingered.

Anyone who engaged with underaged girls on Epstein’s properties will never sleep well, not because of guilt. Rather, concern that there are tapes that might be released today, next week, next year or in ten years.

The battle over his estate will be interesting.
It will drag out in the courts for years.
The only ones that will get rich will be the lawyers when all is said and done.
He put some caveats in his will regarding anyone who contests it.
Odd timing that NY changed their laws at just the right time to eliminate the statute of limitations.

Old 08-20-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Odd timing that NY changed their laws at just the right time to eliminate the statute of limitations.
Imagine “ victims” will be coming out of the woodwork with civil suits. Some of them will be fake and attempt to collaborate eachother’s stories, diminishing the real victims.

The law firms that defend the Epstein trust have the most to gain. Their Billings will be charged to the trust.

Reportedly, it was Epstein’s defense team that pushed for eliminating the Suicide Watch. Then again, so much unconfirmed BS has been written about everything surrounding Epstein’s death, it’s impossible to know what’s real.

It’s rare for clickbait promoters of conspiracy to retract/ correct unless ordered by a court to do so. Even then...

Old 08-20-2019, 09:06 AM

29,067 posts, read 15,760,224 times
Quote:
Maybe...

Prosecutor Recommends Case Against Jeffrey Epstein be Dismissed

Allison Moe, Alex Rossmiller, and Maurene Comey, assistant U.S. attorneys in the Southern District of New York, filed papers in the district on Aug. 19 (pdf) asking U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman to drop the case against Epstein.

“Because Jeffrey Epstein, the defendant, died while this case was pending, and therefore before a final judgment was issued, the Indictment must be dismissed under the rule of abatement,” the prosecutors wrote, citing the 1998 court decision in United States v. Wright.

Berman said that he agreed with the recommendation, sending the documents to U.S. District Judge Richard Berman.

“Upon the foregoing recommendation, I hereby direct, with leave of the Court, that an order of nolle prosequi be filed as to defendant Jeffrey Epstein,” Berman wrote.

Old 08-20-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Imagine “ victims” will be coming out of the woodwork with civil suits. Some of them will be fake and attempt to collaborate eachother’s stories, diminishing the real victims.

The law firms that defend the Epstein trust have the most to gain. Their Billings will be charged to the trust.

Reportedly, it was Epstein’s defense team that pushed for eliminating the Suicide Watch. Then again, so much unconfirmed BS has been written about everything surrounding Epstein’s death, it’s impossible to know what’s real.

It’s rare for clickbait promoters of conspiracy to retract/ correct unless ordered by a court to do so. Even then...
Yet the rules are that both the Warden/Chief Psychologist have to sign off before a prisoner is taken off suicide watch.

Flood the media with loads of unconfirmed information, photoshopped pictures, etc. and people will just stop paying attention because they just won't believe any of it.

That photoshopped picture of Maxwell that the NYPost had was "sold" to them by Maxwell's friend Saffian who has refused to talk to anyone. It was a digital photo and the metadata had all that information. Pretty sad when a foreign rag is outing the NY Post.

It's called obsfucation, misinformation, disinformation.
Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

But there hasn't been a good public conspiracy like this in a long time.

Old 08-20-2019, 09:43 AM

You're fired.

Barr removes prisons chief after Epstein death

Related...

Former MCC inmate: There’s ‘no way’ Jeffrey Epstein killed himself

Old 08-20-2019, 09:47 AM

He wasn't fired. He got reassigned.

Nobody has been fired over this.
Warden reassigned.
Chief reassigned.
Guards on paid leave with union blaming Trump.

Old 08-20-2019, 09:49 AM

History 2015...

Old 08-20-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
He wasn't fired. He got reassigned.
I understand. It sounds Trumpian - so I went with it, but yes you are correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or