U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 02:49 PM

21,652 posts, read 10,422,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
What a blatant lie.

You’re not remotely close to being a Democrat, and your post history proves it.
Moderate Democrats are disgusted with the current state of the party, or haven't you noticed?

While I have voted for some Republicans (i.e. Mark Kirk, accused of being a RHINO), I've never voted for a Republican president.

I've stated NUMEROUS times that I voted for Obama twice, voted for Bill Clinton twice, but apparently you missed that.

You libs think all moderates aren't really Democrats. That's okay - I feel the same way about liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 02:50 PM

8,425 posts, read 4,279,572 times
bill clinton and obama were not moderates. both far left

6,475 posts, read 2,757,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
They should monitor the spending habits of the guards for at least 5 years after this.
Guards overseeing Epstein.
Guard 1 wins the lotto.
Guard 2 gains a huge inheritance from a deceased family member.
Guard 3 collects on a life insurance policy.

What a Coincidence.

You see, these can all be papered over through the political system to account for their sudden luck.

2,311 posts, read 475,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Moderate Democrats are disgusted with the current state of the party, or haven't you noticed?

While I have voted for some Republicans (i.e. Mark Kirk, accused of being a RHINO), I've never voted for a Republican president.

I've stated NUMEROUS times that I voted for Obama twice, voted for Bill Clinton twice, but apparently you missed that.

You libs think all moderates aren't really Democrats. That's okay - I feel the same way about liberals.
That’s nice, I’m still not buying it.

And you people think that anyone voicing criticism are a liberal.

539 posts, read 649,414 times
Here's a Reader's Digest version:

* He's placed on suicide watch on or about July 23

* He's taken off suicide watch after being evaluated by the head institution's psychiatrist, with the approval of the warden (Shirley Skipper-Scott)

* He offs somehow

* Tune in for the "staff shortages" defense, and ousting of the warden and other staff

From what I've read, he was in the SHU - The SHU basically consists of a jail within a prison. In most federal prisons this means a secured, separate area of the prison where there are a few halls housing one-, two-, and three-man cells. Within these rows of dark and dingy cells are prisoners. Most such cells consist of a bunk bed, maybe a desk, a toilet/sink combo, a frosted window (so the occupants can’t see out of it), and perhaps a shower.

He was being seen by his lawyers daily which would mean being transported elsewhere to a meeting room, and not under guard scrutiny while there. He would have been checked for possessions before/after the lawyer sessions.

I've also read he was funding a few other inmate's canteen funds.

Last edited by ncrkd; 08-10-2019 at 03:02 PM..

Old 08-10-2019, 02:53 PM

8,425 posts, read 4,279,572 times
they put Paul Manafort in solitary confinement (accused of white collar crimes) for months while waiting for conclusion of his trial but they didn't put Epstein (accused of sex crimes on kids) in solitary confinement.

Liberals to America: Government is Good, Fair and Highly Competent.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:53 PM

47,256 posts, read 34,649,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Folks, we already know the ending here as well.

Possibly a series of "honest mistakes". Then maybe a hearing about strengthening the rules. Some more money for better training. Possibly someone up the chain, near retirement that will take one for the team and resign...something along the lines of Lois Lerner. Then they can go off and live early retirement with full benefits and a padded bank account.

Take your pick.
Laura Loomer and similar ilk are reporting he remained under a Suicide Watch and are doing so despite the AGs office has confirmed he was not on Watch. Unlike MSM, a retraction from alternative media is rare.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:54 PM

21,652 posts, read 10,422,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
bill clinton and obama were not moderates. both far left
If your post is in response to mine, it would be helpful if you'd add a quote so people know who you're replying to.

So? I was further left than I am today, and I've posted THAT numerous times, as well.

And Clinton? He would look like he's on the right compared to today's Democrats.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:54 PM

1,669 posts, read 355,586 times
I found it..Epstein was being held in 10 South right from the start.
That is where El Chapo was held.

There is no mingling with the general population.
The stories about this are all over the place.
And maybe they are for a reason..who really knows.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...mate-76318-054

Old 08-10-2019, 02:56 PM

1,669 posts, read 355,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Laura Loomer and similar ilk are reporting he remained under a Suicide Watch and are doing so despite the AG’s office has confirmed he was not on Watch. Unlike MSM, a retraction from alternative media is rare.
But he was in 10 South since early July. Those cells are monitored 24/7 with multiple cameras aside from any suicide watch.
I just posted the link I found from then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or