U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 04:56 PM

36,718 posts, read 10,871,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
A spokesman for the AG confirmed earlier today he had been taken off Suicide Watch and declined to answer any questions.
Oh, I did not know that. But I do remember earlier requests for 24-hour surveillance had been denied.

That removal from SW could be part of the investigation, then. It does seem odd, given that he hadn't even been in jail three weeks before he attempted suicide the first time--and that was just a little over two weeks ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 04:56 PM

4,990 posts, read 1,322,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Major red flag. Could be nothing more than gross incompetence and a lot of CYA going on. But the feds and Trump's DOJ need to get out in front of this thing fast and do some serious 'splainin' or it's going to start stinking to high heaven.
CYA would have been to make sure nothing happened to this dude while in their custody. They didn't so now we have all manner of conspiracy theories flying around.

Old 08-10-2019, 04:57 PM

3,692 posts, read 1,008,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Just out of curiosity, who do people here think the poll results here irritate more - conservatives or liberals?

Genuinely curious.
All I know is on my social media pages, both sides seem to agree that Epstein was murdered, either they be Trump supporters, or haters, hard core conservatives or hard core liberals, White, Black, Hispanic, rich, middle class, poor. This death is bringing people from all sides of the isle together. Only ones that are being left out are the minions who actually believe he committed actual suicide. Really, you all are the laughing stock of the community tonight! Good going on showing how brainwashed you sheople are!

Old 08-10-2019, 04:58 PM

21,652 posts, read 10,422,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I asked that pages ago too.
She doesn't live here. Nothing is going to happen to her.

I think the last time she was seen in America was at Chelsea Clinton's wedding. Maybe they know where she is.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:00 PM

1,669 posts, read 355,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Well, apparently everyone is questioning the narrative, given the number of agencies slated to "investigate" this death.

To be serious for just a minute, was this guy under a suicide watch, or not? That's pretty specific and comprehensive: no sheets, no shoelaces, plastic utensils, turtle suits--hell, they don't even get chicken to eat if there are bones in it. Not to mention monitoring...

C'mon.
Well they said he was off suicide watch...even more convenient.
All they need to do is talk to the chief psychologist who would have given the ok to take him off watch
But if he's housed in 10 south they already have cameras in the cells..what about those camera's ? Did they break ?

Old 08-10-2019, 05:00 PM

22,639 posts, read 14,851,417 times
Epstein was no longer on suicide watch, for some inexplicable reason. And he was being held by the feds, not local police.

This is why the Attorney General is involved in whatever investigation there will be. His suicide makes federal custody look awful. Remember Bulger was killed while in federal custody. I expect someone to be fired, at the very least.

I honestly do not know if someone came into the cell and hanged him, or whether he was allowed to do it himself, or whether he figured out a way to do it on his own without alarming his guards. But yes, the timing of the suicide—or the “suicide”—is suspicious. But to assume the Clintons had anything to do with it is absurd.

I do remember that Epstein was said to sit with his head down during his last court appearance. That might have been a sign of extreme despondence.

While I have no feelings of compassion for him, I am not sorry he has died. I really, really wanted him to feel the terrible sting of a long prison term. He managed to escape that, in the end. So at the last, justice was thwarted again.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:02 PM

12,114 posts, read 3,012,037 times
I haven't seen photos, not sure if I want to, but supposedly Epstein's body was removed in public with his face exposed. Normal procedure is to cover up a dead body.

Also people who saw the pic said it didn't look like Epstein. Different nose and ears.

Didn't former prosecutor Acosta say (or perhaps someone else did) that one reason Epstein got a mild sentence in Florida was because he was CIA. As a long time pilot who owned planes and helicopters and the fact that he had fake passports to give himself diplomatic immunity gives credence to that speculation. Sex was just a small part while the rest had to do with weapons and drug smuggling, a decades long CIA business, which might explain his vast wealth.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:02 PM

1,669 posts, read 355,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Where is Ghislaine Maxwell?
She's not a US citizen and currently she is MIA somewhere outside of the US.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:05 PM

2,879 posts, read 4,565,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
All I know is on my social media pages, both sides seem to agree that Epstein was murdered, either they be Trump supporters, or haters, hard core conservatives or hard core liberals, White, Black, Hispanic, rich, middle class, poor. This death is bringing people from all sides of the isle together. Only ones that are being left out are the minions who actually believe he committed actual suicide. Really, you all are the laughing stock of the community tonight! Good going on showing how brainwashed you sheople are!
This is something I have noticed too. In the end, many who have ties to the Clintons and who could damage them are dead. It was literally a matter of time before Epstein was added to that list.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:08 PM

5,234 posts, read 2,357,928 times
It's likely he got the phone call or message delivered to him, from some of the wealthy people involved.... who told him.... "he will not get out of this" and he will not be allowed to go to Trial and have the other wealthy people exposed and the details presented to the public.... they likely told him.... you have a choice, you can do yourself in, or someone from the wealthy ranks will have a prison hit put out on him...

It's still more to come in exposure of the things wealthy people do... We see them busted for the pay game of sending their kids to get a paid for "diploma" and then sending their dumb a___s to head and fleece and destroy companies across the nation in their obsessive "status posturing" which they'd do anything to uphold.
Now, these wealthy are getting busted for the abuse of young females...
~We've seen the Preist Network get busted for decades upon decades of sexual abuse.
~More will get busted for Financial Fraud and Corporate Looting
~More will get busted for Political Corruptions
~More will get busted for Promoting Racial Madness and Pursuing Profit behind promoting such dissension
~More will get busted for damages to the Regulatory Systems
~Barr will get busted for the Malice he's done as Attorney General
~All, yes All of the Trump Appointee's have been brought down by their own greed, arrogantly driven avarice and abuse of office... and more will be. Those who took flight trying to avoid the coming avalanche's will come to find out they have not escaped the truths that will expose them.
~More of the Race Bias and Race Bigoted from small towns to big cities will be exposed for their promotions and support of such vile madness.
~More will be brought down for their willful abuse of the Name of God, in their acts of trying to cover up their racial and ethnic bias.
~More will be brought down in every areas of society..... !!!

None of them!!!! will escape the "Age of Information" and the Truth's it exposes.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 08-10-2019 at 06:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or