U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 07:11 PM

18,680 posts, read 8,473,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I would normally agree that it might not be, or that the AG cannot reasonably check on every suicide watch....but given that *this* particular prisoner had ties to both past and current presidents, I'd think the AG would *make* it a priority to personally check.
Especially given that Barr has his job because his predecessor once cut a sweetheart deal for Epstein.

But - who knows what he was thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 07:15 PM

21,652 posts, read 10,422,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I would normally agree that it might not be, or that the AG cannot reasonably check on every suicide watch....but given that *this* particular prisoner had ties to both past and current presidents, I'd think the AG would *make* it a priority to personally check.
I get what you're saying, but I think in the big picture, the AG has more important things to be concerned with and they're going to trust the people further down the chain.

The frustrating thing about this incident is the information that we get is all highly questionable. The fact that he told his friends someone tried to kill him and he feared for his life points to murder and not suicide, but did he actually tell anyone that or is that part of the b.s. narrative we'll be hearing?

I'm guessing we'll get a lot of conflicting information in the weeks to come.

Old 08-10-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Barr doesn't seem to be the micro manager type. It's just ridiculous to think that he was bird dogging this at all when there are umpteen levels of management between him and the prison staff. The MCC f'd this up.
Yes, they did. But - it will be Barr in the hot seat until he can adequately explain what happened.

It will be interesting to see what he says - and whether he will stand behind the people he has been supervising for what? a month? - or throw them under the bus.

Old 08-10-2019, 07:19 PM

4,990 posts, read 1,322,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Yes, they did. But - it will be Barr in the hot seat until he can adequately explain what happened.

It will be interesting to see what he says - whether he will stand behind the people he has been supervising for what? a month? - or throw them under the bus.
I don't think it would be throwing them under the bus if they did not do their job correctly. They should have erred on the side of caution, though none of us actually know what happened. He could have been deemed malingering by the psych staff and thought to be full of crap. Doesn't matter now. He's dead and what happened will come out.

Old 08-10-2019, 07:20 PM

21,804 posts, read 11,820,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
It's hysterical that Trumplings think that the Clintons actually have more to lose than Trump. Bill Clinton has been out of office for decades. Hillary Clinton isn't running for anything. Donald Trump is running for reelection and has the biggest stake in this trial going away. That's simple facts, but we all know that these days, the right is simpleminded, and cares nothing about facts.
How about everyone act like adults on here just once and wait for the investigation?

A lot to ask I know!

Old 08-10-2019, 07:20 PM

8,108 posts, read 4,270,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
The other men involved. Did you forget about them?

If it's true that Epstein left behind a whole bunch of photos, vids, and docs, those other guys can still be called to account.

It would be a novel legal theory that if the main offender is dead, you can't prosecute anyone else involved. Sex with teenagers is AGAINST THE LAW. Regardless of who introduces them to you.
I'll give it a week. Every scrap of evidence will disappear as mysteriously as Epstein succeeding at "killing himself" on the second attempt while on suicide watch and the cameras just coincidentally malfunctioning right at that specific moment. "All of Jeffrey Epstein's properties mysteriously catch fire ... on the same day. All evidence disappears without a trace." It really is sickening to realize that there are people with so much power that they can never be held accountable.

Old 08-10-2019, 07:21 PM

23,155 posts, read 17,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
We don't even have to think that big - it could have been some pedo judge who had this done to Epstein, knowing his career would be ruined if it got out.

The tentacles on this scum run far and wide. I've heard former agents say that if Americans ever knew the truth about what the powerful elite had their hands in, minds would be blown.
I do not doubt that one little bit. I think a lot of things go on that would freeze us in place with our mouths hanging open in pure disbelief. People trash on conspiracy theorists, but sometimes, it's right to question. And sometimes, it's not even worth it to question because if you question too loudly, you could be next. (General "you".)

Old 08-10-2019, 07:26 PM

22,024 posts, read 14,610,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This is a bit incriminating about trump

https://radaronline.com/wp-content/u...d4FuuVXdZUkly4
Interrrrrrresting……...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I don't think it would be throwing them under the bus if they did not do their job correctly. They should have erred on the side of caution, though none of us actually know what happened. He could have been deemed malingering by the psych staff and thought to be full of crap. Doesn't matter now. He's dead and what happened will come out.
That's true. I guess I was more thinking that their most likely defense would be "boss, we did it by the book" and pull out their policy manual to prove it.

6,475 posts, read 2,757,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I get what you're saying, but I think in the big picture, the AG has more important things to be concerned with and they're going to trust the people further down the chain.

The frustrating thing about this incident is the information that we get is all highly questionable. The fact that he told his friends someone tried to kill him and he feared for his life points to murder and not suicide, but did he actually tell anyone that or is that part of the b.s. narrative we'll be hearing?

I'm guessing we'll get a lot of conflicting information in the weeks to come.

That he feared for his life and someone tried to kill him is actually not in the wide spread media and is only mentioned twice in this thread. on other forums it is not mentioned much either.

The narrative being pushed by the media is that it was suicide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or