U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 07:21 PM

7,727 posts, read 4,603,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Camera malfunction has not been confirmed. Either there is a tape or not.
There was apparently not a camera showing the cell, but
Quote:
Eric Young, president of the national council of union locals that represents guards at the Metropolitan Correctional Center, said there were cameras in hallways and common areas, but not in the cells of the unit where Mr. Epstein was being held.

“From the moment you walk onto that property, you are under camera surveillance, ” Mr. Young said, adding that there should be video evidence of when the last checks were made and of anyone who approached Mr. Epstein’s cell.
Before Jail Suicide, Jeffrey Epstein Was Left Alone and Not Closely Monitored

Lots of questions here, but the folks crying foul play and already naming suspects are proving themselves a tad bit partisan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 07:24 PM

5,409 posts, read 2,163,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Trump, his wingman, tweeting yet? "I was in the middle of my golf round" "I know nothing!!".....
LOL. Yeah, I want to see to what degree he has discussed this.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:24 PM

1,663 posts, read 353,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
There was apparently not a camera showing the cell, but

Before Jail Suicide, Jeffrey Epstein Was Left Alone and Not Closely Monitored

Lots of questions here, but the folks crying foul play and already naming suspects are proving themselves a tad bit partisan.
No camera, no cellmate and 2 guards who were on "extreme overtime" per officials and didn't check on the prisoner.

Those Federal employees should notify the labor department about that "extreme overtime" because I think there are laws regarding that.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:30 PM

7,727 posts, read 4,603,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
No camera, no cellmate and 2 guards who were on "extreme overtime" per officials and didn't check on the prisoner.

Those Federal employees should notify the labor department about that "extreme overtime" because I think there are laws regarding that.
According to what I linked, there was a camera showing outside the cell which should show anyone approaching the cell. Like I said, lets of questions here.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:38 PM

5,409 posts, read 2,163,927 times
Quote:
Never married. No kids. He had/ has a brother.
Just to say, he was apparently an unlikely guy to have lived elsewise, with his steady predilection for young girls and obsession for odd sexual leanings. Just curious how one becomes so rooted as that and with such a lifestyle, obviously unable to have normally-functioning adult relationships.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:38 PM

9,291 posts, read 2,640,438 times
Quote:

Define extreme. I can tell you I worked 12 hour swing shift. You are allowed by law up to 5 12 hour consecutive shifts. That isn't extreme. Me I avoided overtime at all costs and their are ways to scam the 5 in a row policy.
Arrange to come in a half hour late, leave a half hour early. Only work a 10 hour shift in the middle. It resets the clock. Money grubbers and overtime hounds know all these tricks. That doesn't give them a free pass for not doing their jobs. When they worked on my shifts they knew I was waiting for the cat naps etc.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Just to say, he was apparently an unlikely guy to have lived elsewise, with his steady predilection for young girls and obsession for odd sexual leanings. Just curious how one becomes so rooted as that and with such a lifestyle, obviously unable to have normally-functioning adult relationships.
And believe it or not, he started off life as a Math teacher.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:49 PM

2,174 posts, read 1,315,995 times
Quote:
Never married. No kids. He had/ has a brother.
I'd been wondering what family he had, because I did consider the possibility that he was 'heavily persuaded' to commit suicide (sort of the "Either you hang yourself or your pretty sister ain't gonna be so pretty" variety), but all I found was his brother. I can't find anything on whether his brother has kids or not, but I'm guessing even if he did, Epstein might not've been close enough to any nieces/nephews that they could be used as leverage against him.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Define extreme. I can tell you I worked 12 hour swing shift. You are allowed by law up to 5 12 hour consecutive shifts. That isn't extreme. Me I avoided overtime at all costs and their are ways to scam the 5 in a row policy.
Arrange to come in a half hour late, leave a half hour early. Only work a 10 hour shift in the middle. It resets the clock. Money grubbers and overtime hounds know all these tricks. That doesn't give them a free pass for not doing their jobs. When they worked on my shifts they knew I was waiting for the cat naps etc.
That's what the article said with no further comment on how many hours.

https://apnews.com/b609668da05c4ac5bbc9aa50c9e6b6d2
Guards on Jeffrey Epsteinís unit were working extreme overtime shifts to make up for staffing shortages the morning of his apparent suicide, a person familiar with the jailís operations told The Associated Press.

The person said that the Metropolitan Correctional Centerís Special Housing Unit was staffed with one guard working a fifth straight day of overtime and another who was working mandatory overtime. The person wasnít authorized to discuss jail operations publicly and spoke Sunday on the condition of anonymity.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:08 PM

16,113 posts, read 8,982,602 times
Quote:
And believe it or not, he started off life as a Math teacher.
Was hired to Donald Barr without a degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or