Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 07:30 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,511,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
No camera, no cellmate and 2 guards who were on "extreme overtime" per officials and didn't check on the prisoner.

Those Federal employees should notify the labor department about that "extreme overtime" because I think there are laws regarding that.
According to what I linked, there was a camera showing outside the cell which should show anyone approaching the cell. Like I said, lets of questions here.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:38 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,669,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Never married. No kids. He had/ has a brother.
Just to say, he was apparently an unlikely guy to have lived elsewise, with his steady predilection for young girls and obsession for odd sexual leanings. Just curious how one becomes so rooted as that and with such a lifestyle, obviously unable to have normally-functioning adult relationships.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:38 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times
Quote:
No camera, no cellmate and 2 guards who were on "extreme overtime" per officials and didn't check on the prisoner.

Those Federal employees should notify the labor department about that "extreme overtime" because I think there are laws regarding that.
Define extreme. I can tell you I worked 12 hour swing shift. You are allowed by law up to 5 12 hour consecutive shifts. That isn't extreme. Me I avoided overtime at all costs and their are ways to scam the 5 in a row policy.
Arrange to come in a half hour late, leave a half hour early. Only work a 10 hour shift in the middle. It resets the clock. Money grubbers and overtime hounds know all these tricks. That doesn't give them a free pass for not doing their jobs. When they worked on my shifts they knew I was waiting for the cat naps etc.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:39 PM

43,054 posts, read 18,216,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Just to say, he was apparently an unlikely guy to have lived elsewise, with his steady predilection for young girls and obsession for odd sexual leanings. Just curious how one becomes so rooted as that and with such a lifestyle, obviously unable to have normally-functioning adult relationships.
And believe it or not, he started off life as a Math teacher.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:49 PM

4,026 posts, read 2,710,958 times
Quote:
Never married. No kids. He had/ has a brother.
I'd been wondering what family he had, because I did consider the possibility that he was 'heavily persuaded' to commit suicide (sort of the "Either you hang yourself or your pretty sister ain't gonna be so pretty" variety), but all I found was his brother. I can't find anything on whether his brother has kids or not, but I'm guessing even if he did, Epstein might not've been close enough to any nieces/nephews that they could be used as leverage against him.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:52 PM

43,054 posts, read 18,216,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Define extreme. I can tell you I worked 12 hour swing shift. You are allowed by law up to 5 12 hour consecutive shifts. That isn't extreme. Me I avoided overtime at all costs and their are ways to scam the 5 in a row policy.
Arrange to come in a half hour late, leave a half hour early. Only work a 10 hour shift in the middle. It resets the clock. Money grubbers and overtime hounds know all these tricks. That doesn't give them a free pass for not doing their jobs. When they worked on my shifts they knew I was waiting for the cat naps etc.
That's what the article said with no further comment on how many hours.

https://apnews.com/b609668da05c4ac5bbc9aa50c9e6b6d2
Guards on Jeffrey Epstein’s unit were working extreme overtime shifts to make up for staffing shortages the morning of his apparent suicide, a person familiar with the jail’s operations told The Associated Press.

The person said that the Metropolitan Correctional Center’s Special Housing Unit was staffed with one guard working a fifth straight day of overtime and another who was working mandatory overtime. The person wasn’t authorized to discuss jail operations publicly and spoke Sunday on the condition of anonymity.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:08 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,524,681 times
Quote:
And believe it or not, he started off life as a Math teacher.
Was hired to Donald Barr without a degree.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:10 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,669,527 times
Quote:
It’s been going on for 25+ years.

That a multi year investigation of The Clinton’s connection to Whitewater, nearly 20 years prior to his presidency and where that investigation led, bore no fruit. There was insufficient evidence to press charges. No shortage of people chose to believe otherwise. It is similar to reactions to the Mueller investigation and outcome that many will never accept.
((sigh)) Yes, it's just on and on with some, the fakery fueled by Faux News. 😏
Yet, they will support the biggest falsehood-supplying, self-involved deplorable ever in existence.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:32 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,733,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Does Epstein have any living relatives who could donate a DNA sample? Then get one from the corpse.

Otherwise there will be a treasure trove of info in those 2000 unsealed court docs
He has a brother. From what I've heard, they were pretty close.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:35 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,733,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I suspect, with scant evidence, mind you, that folks guarding him simply looked the other way because they figured the only good child molester is a dead child molester. If a child molester wants to kill himself who am I to stop him?

If you want to convince me that someone had him killed, then I would need to be convinced why they'd want him dead? At this point, his assets have been frozen and the government has seized all his belongings. The evidence against any one that he collected is already in the hands of the government. It makes no sense that anyone is trying to silence him because the evidence is already out there.

Not to mention this isn't "The X Files" or"24"
The only reason it could make even remote sense is that he was working for someone else, and with him dead, there's no way to make the connection.

For me, that's possible, but not likely. There's simply not enough known yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.