Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 11:19 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I sincerely hope whomever hung out with Epstein and was involved in his sick fantasy, that this can be brought forward and out into the light.
Hoping about this is about as effective as prayers and thoughts for the 100's killed in mass shootings.

I'm hoping there is Peace on Earth and people stop doing anything morally wrong.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:21 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Now that won't occur. Epstein will never be a witness, and any testimony he made will just be dismissed as "heresay" without him being able to be called as a witness.

His "suicide" just ensured this goes no further than Epstein.
What kind of "justice" can the victims expect? Surely because of/and inspite of his death, there must be a way to make those involved in this sick escapade, pay dearly.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:21 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,589 times
If anything has shocked my faith in our government it is this. This doesn't look good. If this happened in some country like Russia we would be sneering at their despotic government. This happened on our soil, and it seems a giant chunk of the media is in on it by just leading with - he committed suicide. No tough questions were asked. Some pundits and "analysts" even came out to wag their fingers at us for engaging in conspiracy theories.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:23 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I think some here have holes in their tinfoil hats. I still think it’s interesting how Trump supporters ignore the fact that Epstein and Trump were friends. Nothing surprising about it though.
he dropped Trump when he met Big Daddy Clinton.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:23 AM

43,076 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Barr is the person who

Is trying to protect Trump.
Has already fiddled around with the NYC LE community (with Manafort recently)
and is the head of the Office responsible for this.....(??)

As such, why wouldn't one focus on him?

Say what you will, the odds of him being "surprised" when this happened are quite low. Same goes with dozens of people at the top of various governments (I'm sure Israel and UK and many more are pleased).

At my last look, the Clintons are not the head of government anywhere and have almost zero leverage or power over any of them.
I agree. This transcends Trump vs Clinton bickering.

I'll paraphrase a comment I read somewhere:

Our government was either in on it or was powerless to prevent it.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:25 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Just because one hasn’t seen in a long time doesn’t mean they are lesser friends. Distance plays a part in the friendship. No. But I find it interesting all the sex scandal Trumps been a part of he and Epstein were once friends. Again people with money tend to hang out in the same circles.
We pretty much know that Trump got angry with Epstein over a small real estate transaction in PB...at about the same time, the Russians made sure that Trump made "free" money of the same amount or more in a small RE deal in PB.

Sometime after Jeff was somewhat publicly exposed for grabbing too much puzzy while at Mar-a-Lago so Trump had to terminate his membership. One can assume at that time that Trump saw that the whole thing was "going public" and he'd be better to distance himself.....

In summary, Trump distanced himself (in person) from Jeff right about the time the Government started their case against Epstein!

"In March 2005, a woman contacted Florida's Palm Beach Police Department and alleged that her 14-year-old stepdaughter had been taken to Epstein's mansion"

Uh, that was over 14 years ago and given Trump's tendency to "stretch the truth"...the timeline works out. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if proof of them together is after that time (but before the final indictment in that case)...

Old 08-12-2019, 11:25 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I wonder how many "interested parties" will come forward (to sue the jail) saying the jail was lax and that Epstein should have had better protection from himself and from others?
The jail WAS lax, and he should have had protection. He was supposed to be checked every 30 minutes, and he was supposed to have had a roommate. Neither of these guarantees were met.

These things were to prevent a suicide. The prosecution needed Epstein to be alive, not dead.

Because proper procedures were not followed, it appears his death was at least facilitated, if not arranged.

At least we are spared having footage of the man hanging himself, although I know some would derive sick pleasure watching it. But cameras were only placed in hallways, not rooms.

I hope the Bureau of Prisons gets a management shakeup, at the very least. They had guards on mandatory overtime guarding their most valuable prisoner. Apparently the place has a staffing problem. Since it is known to be a hellhole, I can imagine why.

I know large numbers of people believe in complex conspiracy theories. They seldom believe bad things about the people they like and trust though. Usually they are most willing to believe bad things about people they hate or disdain. No crime is too horrible to imagine this person committing. Often, people ascribe immense power to the hated person, or persons. The Clintons are such a target for many now. But there is no evidence that the Clintons had anything to do with Epstein’s death, or that Bill associated with him in recent years. Nor, has anyone credibly accused him of molesting young girls with Epstein. I think Bill used Epstein and Epstein used Bill. Bill needed transportation and Epstein craved the respect he would garner in doing favors for Bill.

If evidence—not speculative accusations—proves me wrong, I’ll be appalled and certainly would revise my opinion.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Hoping about this is about as effective as prayers and thoughts for the 100's killed in mass shootings.

I'm hoping there is Peace on Earth and people stop doing anything morally wrong.
I have a lot of "hope" (in my personal life and medical condition) so having hope means a lot to me. I don't expect everyone else to experience it but for me, it helps me daily.

To hope they find out the truth regarding Epstein and what occurred, to me, in this case, seems reasonable.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
The jail WAS lax, and he should have had protection. He was supposed to be checked every 30 minutes, and he was supposed to have had a roommate. Neither of these guarantees were met.

These things were to prevent a suicide. The prosecution needed Epstein to be alive, not dead.

Because proper procedures were not followed, it appears his death was at least facilitated, if not arranged.

At least we are spared having footage of the man hanging himself, although I know some would derive sick pleasure watching it. But cameras were only placed in hallways, not rooms.

I hope the Bureau of Prisons gets a management shakeup, at the very least. They had guards on mandatory overtime guarding their most valuable prisoner. Apparently the place has a staffing problem. Since it is known to be a hellhole, I can imagine why.

I know large numbers of people believe in complex conspiracy theories. They seldom believe bad things about the people they like and trust though. Usually they are most willing to believe bad things about people they hate or disdain. No crime is too horrible to imagine this person committing. Often, people ascribe immense power to the hated person, or persons. The Clintons are such a target for many now. But there is no evidence that the Clintons had anything to do with Epstein’s death, or that Bill associated with him in recent years. Nor, has anyone credibly accused him of molesting young girls with Epstein. I think Bill used Epstein and Epstein used Bill. Bill needed transportation and Epstein craved the respect he would garner in doing favors for Bill.

If evidence—not speculative accusations—proves me wrong, I’ll be appalled and certainly would revise my opinion.
Great post! The one person(s) I do not blame are the overworked prison guards. It reminds me of truckers, who are not allowed to work over 14 hour a day, so that they don't get drowsy and cause a road accident. I think whomever scheduled them to work long shifts/hours is a good place to start.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:30 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I see the conspiracy theories are alive and well.
and growing and growing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies