Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 04:38 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Did your high school friend also mention that his life was in danger, that someone was trying to kill him?

When people finally give in to suicidal ideation, there can be a sense of relief knowing that the end is near.

Whether that is the case here remains to be seen.

But the fact that he reported his life was in danger, and that the two guards watching him were both sound asleep seems suspicious to me.
I’m not disputing that the circumstances are more suspicious than lipstick on a shirt collar after hanging out with “the guys”. I was merely pointing out that right now we don’t know what happened and that the people in charge of keeping him safe dropped the ball bigly.

Old 08-15-2019, 04:40 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Epstein, "who was 6 feet tall, apparently killed himself by kneeling toward the floor and strangling himself with the makeshift noose, law enforcement sources said Monday."

https://nypost.com/2019/08/12/jeffre...dsheet-source/

Now just how the hell would he get "multiple broken bones" by kneeling into a noose made out of a sheet?

Old 08-15-2019, 04:45 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...that's just it.....you break bones from a jolt....
Why did you only quote part of my post? The rest of my post alludes to that being the "rest of the story" necessary for that particular bone to break. I put it as a question only because I'm not a medical doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
On suicide watch you're given paper sheets. He was taken off suicide watch apparently, hence he would have access to sheets.
They don't get any type of sheets on suicide watch. They get some weird looking covering to wear, and that's it. They get nothing else.

No, he was no longer on suicide watch. He was in a regular cell. He did not have paper sheets in that cell. That was my point. But I keep seeing people talking about paper sheets - they don't get paper sheets in their cells.

Old 08-15-2019, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
People commit suicide in jails and prisons frequently. They find ways. I don’t feel comfortable posting about methods though.
They aren't hanging from anything that would allow the body to dangle. There is nothing in their cells that they can suspend themselves from where the feet wouldn't be touching the floor. As I said, they can "alligator roll" themselves to asphyxiation, but they aren't hanging themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Epstein, "who was 6 feet tall, apparently killed himself by kneeling toward the floor and strangling himself with the makeshift noose, law enforcement sources said Monday."

https://nypost.com/2019/08/12/jeffre...dsheet-source/

Now just how the hell would he get "multiple broken bones" by kneeling into a noose made out of a sheet?
Exactly the question I was asking. You can choke yourself out, prevent yourself from breathing, but how do you get multiple broken bones from an alligator roll or leaning forward? The weight of the body doesn't drop far enough to cause that.

Again, earlier it was posted that studies showed that 6% of hangings could cause such a break, but the question I asked was: were they all actual hangings, where the body is dangling around in air? Because the weight of the body with a sudden drop could do that. Were any of those from someone just choking themselves to death? Cause that is, essentially, what they are saying that he did. So how do you get "multiple broken bones" that way?

Old 08-15-2019, 04:53 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
This video has a great interview with a former prison guard and Sheriff's Deputy with 15 years of Law Enforcement experience discussing the process and procedures for putting a prisoner on suicide watch. No one seems to have done anything right in the Epstein case, deliberately or accidentally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9W3cWai9ZM

Old 08-15-2019, 04:59 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I’m not disputing that the circumstances are more suspicious than lipstick on a shirt collar after hanging out with “the guys”. .

Well, you never know these days.

Old 08-15-2019, 05:01 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The autopsy is pointing to strangulation, not death by hanging. (which is impossible with the paper type bed clothing)
As he wasn't on suicide watch he didn't have paper.

Old 08-15-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
This video has a great interview with a former prison guard and Sheriff's Deputy with 15 years of Law Enforcement experience discussing the process and procedures for putting a prisoner on suicide watch. No one seems to have done anything right in the Epstein case, deliberately or accidentally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9W3cWai9ZM
I clicked on that but haven't watched it yet. I noticed on the sidebar, this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LZ7ETGCLuM

They are reporting on what the AP reported, stating that prison guards falsified their log books of how often they actually checked on any of the inmates. AP is reporting it, Fox says they have to confirm. That was yesterday. Anyone heard anything further on that? (I don't have tv and rarely watch videos on news sites.)

Edit: Ok, I'm watching it now, and she brings up some very good points. If he was dead, clearly dead, why did they continue to try to give him CPR? Also, if he was dead, clearly dead, as they are saying he was, why did they remove him from the cell before any investigation took place?

Putting everything together, not taking each one at face value as true, but combining all of it together, there is something very wrong with the story we are being told about this.

Old 08-15-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
So he broke his neck and strangled himself and then to seal the deal he hung himself. I'm just glad they didn't allow the prisoners to have firearms or he would have committed suicide by putting two rounds in the back of his head.
Jeffrey Epstein autopsy report shows broken neck
An autopsy of the financier Jeffrey Epstein, who died in an apparent suicide while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges, found his neck had been broken in several places, according to two law enforcement sources.

Such injuries can occur to people who hang themselves or who are strangled.

Epstein was found dead in his jail cell in New York City on Saturday. The circumstances of the multi-millionaire's death are under investigation, and it was unclear when a report of the autopsy would be made public.

One of the two law enforcement sources familiar with the Epstein case said there was no evidence or suggestion of foul play but cautioned the investigation was at an early stage.

https://news.yahoo.com/1-jeffrey-eps...062528119.html

Old 08-15-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
If the “broken bone in the neck” was the hyoid bone then he was almost certainly strangled. Hanging can break the hyoid but it takes a great deal of force and is highly unlikely to do with paper sheets.
He wasn't on a suicide watch so he didn't have paper sheets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies