U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-11-2019, 05:53 PM
 
Location: Houston
22,768 posts, read 11,743,556 times
Reputation: 9257

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
All kids on welfare experience racism just about as equal as the next race. For the first time ever in 2020, there will be more non-whites under the age of 18 than whites and yet there are more white children in poverty than blacks or latinos. I guess if you were just "playing the race card", you could lump blacks and latinos together and state that there are more colored kids on welfare than whites, but that's still just a stretch and a spin to fit a narrative.

Proportionately, black kids are doing better than white kids if you look at the stats and don't immediately run to the race card..
You must have never had a statistics course.

 
Old 08-11-2019, 05:56 PM
 
Location: Charleston, SC
5,062 posts, read 3,742,761 times
Reputation: 4080
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You must have never had a statistics course.
Actually I did, twice.
 
Old 08-11-2019, 05:57 PM
 
10,198 posts, read 6,968,726 times
Reputation: 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You must have never had a statistics course.

Or math. Wisdom and intelligence must be two different things. Absolutely nothing he posted in his explanation made any sense.
 
Old 08-11-2019, 06:01 PM
 
Location: Charleston, SC
5,062 posts, read 3,742,761 times
Reputation: 4080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Or math. Wisdom and intelligence must be two different things.
So show me how you'd spin it so that black kids, as the major minority are worse off?

Racism in 3...2...1...
 
Old 08-11-2019, 06:02 PM
 
Location: Houston
22,768 posts, read 11,743,556 times
Reputation: 9257
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Actually I did, twice.
Let me explain then. Iím assuming you passed the second time.

There are 7 whites for every 6 black welfare enrollees. There are more than 7 white children for every 6 black children.
 
Old 08-11-2019, 06:07 PM
 
Location: Charleston, SC
5,062 posts, read 3,742,761 times
Reputation: 4080
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Let me explain then. I’m assuming you passed the second time.

There are 7 whites for every 6 black welfare enrollees. There are more than 7 white children for every 6 black children.
Non-white kids under 18 in the US:

2017 numbers

Non-White 36,327,748 give or take a couple
White 37,327,630 give or take a couple

https://datacenter.kidscount.org/dat...,71,72/423,424

There's less black kids on welfare than white kids. Theres less white kids on welfare than latinos. It's simple statistics...
 
Old 08-11-2019, 06:07 PM
 
10,198 posts, read 6,968,726 times
Reputation: 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
So show me how you'd spin it so that black kids, as the major minority are worse off?

Racism in 3...2...1...
Blacks are not even the MAJOR minority. Latinos are......0.
 
Old 08-11-2019, 06:09 PM
 
Location: Charleston, SC
5,062 posts, read 3,742,761 times
Reputation: 4080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Blacks are not even the MAJOR minority. Latinos are......0.
And that proves whitey is racist how?

Everything you ever argue for is how bad blacks have it in this country because whites taught them to be bad people, and when you actually look at facts, it defeats your argument. I don't know what college you went to that taught you about some evil hidden conspiracy that white people have against you but that's just not true anymore.

1950's-sure. FDR did a horrible thing for people of color by creating a two tiered welfare system. Most of that was fixed by 1996 however and the improvements have been wonderful in the black community. There's less blacks on welfare today than in any time in our history and yet you still scream racism.
 
Old 08-11-2019, 06:14 PM
 
10,198 posts, read 6,968,726 times
Reputation: 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
And that proves whitey is racist how?
It does not. I have not figured out what the heck you are talking about anyway.
What is the answer to your riddle.....it’s gotta be that racism has not now or ever hindered blacks....right?
 
Old 08-11-2019, 06:17 PM
 
Location: Charleston, SC
5,062 posts, read 3,742,761 times
Reputation: 4080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
It does not. I have not figured out what the heck you are talking about anyway.
What is the answer to your riddle.....itís gotta be that racism has not now or ever hindered blacks....right?
I would never argue against a fact. Things have been tough for people who get dominated by another people since the days of yore. Look at what Spanish did to the indigenous folks here in the Americas. Horrible. I just don't lump today's situations into something that took place 200 years ago. The fact that I was taught to dress a certain way or go to a certain church or stay out of crack houses or whatever has no real bearing on what I ultimately decided to do with my own life...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top