U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2019, 07:30 PM

9,049 posts, read 2,572,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
But we weren't talking about white people. MOST ethnic groups in America patronize within their own communities FIRST....Asians, Hispanics, Africans, ethnic whites.
Isn't that the truth. I have never walked into an Asian restaurant and been served by anyone but Asians.

Walk into a jewish deli. Yep they would be Jewish people behind the counter. ( Some jews are even white).

I will say this Blacks don't patronize their own enough. I have actually heard some black people say that they don't trust black tradesmen as much as they do whites. That's a shame because they should be supporting their own first. Take advantage of the slack they get for it. The Asians do and so do the hispanics.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:32 PM

5,058 posts, read 3,733,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I encourage this if only for people to experience what it is like to own a business. Then their opinions on what a business should do or shouldn't do will be better informed.
I agree, one obvious way for a person to change their situation is to take one big leap forward and get on with getting on with the present and their future. For some this equates to owning a business. For me it was going into real estate. For others it could be moving away from the hood, or making the hood a better environment. For each individual this is going to be a self motivating issue. What's been done in the past is to hand out free money in the form of small business loans, some of which succeed, but many fail. How about hand out free classes that teach bookkeeping and business management. Oh wait they have that already too, it's called a scholarship.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:51 PM

1,472 posts, read 435,328 times
Why does everything always have to be about race? I donít know what started all this in the video but maybe there was an issue before this not seen on the video. Maybe two of the teens had a disagreement. Itís not always black vs white.

And yes I read the article and the comments posted about the video and those people sound really ignorant and scary.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:56 PM

10,150 posts, read 6,954,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianfan View Post
Can you quit acting as if all black people are trashy and have it bad?

Most white people get along just fine with blacks - it's the ghetto-trash (n-words) we try to avoid.
Personally, as a civilized white man, I don't want anything to do with the trash of any race.

When people don't like what I say, but what I say cannot be refuted, they need an outlet for the emotions....but the problem is what I am saying is true....hmmmmmm....what to do???? Answer, say he is saying something that he never actually said by saying it does not apply to ALL.

I have seen these strategy over and over in debates. Turn a true statement of some, that can't be refuted, to a statement of ALL....so that it can then be refuted and your emotions can have a written outlet.

Never once did even apply that all black people have it bad. I said that the black poverty rate is 3 times that of whites. You turned that into I am saying ALL black people have it bad. What a lair. If you are lying its for a reason.....you want to hide a truth.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
The fact of the matter is this. It's a free country. Black people survived slavery, Jim Crow, segregation, welfare, crack, and rap music. It's about time they start enjoying their success by living their lives as a success and stop being victims. If they are not willing to do so, so be it. I cannot and will not have any sympathy for any person who claims to be a victim while dealing drugs, smoking weed, living off the government, not learning how to read, not moving out of a dangerous area, etc etc.

I lived on the streets, I came from an abusive drug filled home full of racism, I've been to prison twice, I did and sold drugs, and at some point you have to draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough and get on with getting on or say woe is me, it's whitey's fault that I'm so poor and live off the government teet for the rest of your, life.

Either way you choose to go, the struggle is real. The hard fact is that 99.9% of all 360 million Americans don't give a crap about you and your struggle. We don't CARE enough about you to care whether or not you make a go out of life or not. We certainly are way too self absorbed in our own worlds to CARE about whether you're black or white, and we certainly don't CARE enough about you to even learn your name or what your situation is...

Anyone who screams racism is just looking for an excuse. I honestly could care less about what's going on in the inner cities like Baltimore or St. Louis. I may see it on the news from time to time, but I'm too busy on my own grind to care whether you think you're a victim or not...

Well you seem to take time out of your grind to post about it or to try to refute what other people are posting about. Like you, I don't care about your personal experiences. They are YOUR person experiences and you cannot project what was true for you to be true of anyone else.

There is a REASON for everything. If you are not going to do research and study of an issue or problem, if you are not going to seek the knowledge of scholars, people educated and trained to understand human behavior and have done research.......your opinion might be part of the problem because its formed without doing much intellectual work or research. All people do is come on these forums and give their political parties talking points. They have not really dug into researching an issue. They wait for their favorite talk radio political pundit to tell them what to think and say....because that is who they trust. Then when someone like me challenges them.....they fold up and have to post a video of someone else and then say "you need to listen to this guy". That is because you cannot defend the BS you are talking about and that you heard from and repeated from someone else. If you are SO BUSY with your grind....how do you have time to REALLY understand an issue?

Few people on this forum has actually researched and studied issues of race. There are many studies and research that come out each year. There are many studies and test that show strong racial bias remains against blacks in America. There are behavioral psychologist who can explain the impact of centuries of racism on black people. There is a **** load of empirical data, as well as current data and studies out there for anyone who wants to read it......but you will not because you want to believe the BS that you want to believe. Willful ignorance to maintain your comfort and beliefs.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 08-11-2019 at 08:48 PM..

Old 08-11-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Why does everything always have to be about race? I don’t know what started all this in the video but maybe there was an issue before this not seen on the video. Maybe two of the teens had a disagreement. It’s not always black vs white.

And yes I read the article and the comments posted about the video and those people sound really ignorant and scary.

You read the comments.....I grew up in Michigan and most of my family still lives there. I check the news there often and I am back there often. Reading crime stories comments in the local news is some of the most racist stuff you will read on the internet. It eventually gets deleted after a few hours but it is highly racist against black people. Michigan is not one of the most segregated states for nothing. Race is a big deal in Michigan....but its so polarized that areas are either nearly all white or mostly black. Granted, its gotten better....but worse than nearly every state I have visited. Thus, you don't have to think about the other race when you live in an area where nearly everyone is of the same race. The east side of the state is the worst with it....but the West is bad too.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
More Black Americans need to stop seeking to be employees and start being owners/entrepreneurs. We also need to prioritize recycling our wealth amongst other black Americans first before patronizing non-black businesses.

I think what black Americans need to do is BELIEVE IN THEMSELVES more. I believe in the power of belief. If you believe it you can achieve it. We need to break out of the mental chains of slavery, to use an old cliche. We succeed at basketball, track, football, entertainment.....because we learned to believe in our ability to do that. It's not a gift black people have that others do not have that makes us do well at that, even though you will hear talk of fast twitch and slow twitch muscle fibers favoring blacks. Nope....its because we BELIEVE we can do it. Look at the Jamaicans in track. An island of a little over 2 million people dominating the world in track and field......now that they believe they can. Its a self fulfilling prophecy.

The problem here in America is that there are so many negative images of black people....that people get conditioned to believe they can't do things. You get conditioned to believe you can do things by seeing people like you and where you are from do things. What we see mostly is sports and entertainment. Obama and his family was a blessing, however. That was short lived.

People need to stop all the talk of black people that implies we are FLAWED. How hard are you going to try if you think you just don't have the ability to do something. If you were in a race and keep coming in last....eventually you will get an inferiority complex and just believe that you can't do something and it will become self fulfilling. The worst thing that you can loose is belief in yourself. This is why I am relentless in attacking those who infer that something is flawed in black people that makes them irresponsible, bad choice makers, have kids out of wedlock more than others. There is NOTHING wrong with black people. Things HAPPENED to black people that resulted in that. If we believe that something is wrong with us...then we will not patronize an support our own businesses because we will think they are inferior to the businesses of other races. We will not seek our or black women because we see other women as the better choice. We will not choose black....when given a choice until we believe in ourselves.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
The truth is: Civilized people of any race don't like dealing with ghetto-trash (of any race).

The difference between black people and white people is white people don't defend their trash.

Blah, blah blah....you lied...and that is the bottom line.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
There you go again - lumping all black people into one.

Only if one is ignorant enough to assume the fallacy of Division. You would not be guilty of such....would you?

Old 08-11-2019, 09:00 PM

1,472 posts, read 435,328 times
Quote:
The truth is: Civilized people of any race don't like dealing with ghetto-trash (of any race).

The difference between black people and white people is white people don't defend their trash.
When I was a kid my parents and my friends parents wouldnít let us play with some neighborhood kids because they were white trash and we were told not to go round there. Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or