U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2019, 11:46 PM

27,088 posts, read 11,376,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
What is your explanation as to why the black poverty RATE in America is 3 times that of whites? I am not talking about total numbers because there are over 200 million whites while only 40 plus million blacks
Because the welfare state encourages people to not work. SIngle parenthood greatly increases the chance of one to be in poverty.

Of those below the poverty line — 12.7 percent of the population — nearly 5 million were moms or dads heading single-parent families; 8.7 million were children under 18 in these single-parent homes.

Together, single-parent families and their children totaled almost 14 million people, which is roughly a third of all people in poverty.

12.7% of the population but 33% of those in poverty. Nothing to do with the color of ones skin.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 08-12-2019 at 12:03 AM..

Old 08-11-2019, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
More Black Americans need to stop seeking to be employees and start being owners/entrepreneurs.
It's always best to work for yourself.

Quote:
We also need to prioritize recycling our wealth amongst other black Americans first before patronizing non-black businesses.
Get off welfare, stay together and raise your kids, work full time and finish high school.

Old 08-11-2019, 11:57 PM

Quote:
What made blacks poorer and have more single parent families than whites?
The welfare which i have explained and which you never ever respond too.

Quote:
Black poverty is and has been 3 times the rate of white poverty....since slavery days.
Twice as much.
Among married couple families: 5.8% lived in poverty. This number varied by race and ethnicity as follows:
5.4% of all white persons (which includes white Hispanics),
10.7% of all black persons (which includes black Hispanics
14.9% of all Hispanic persons (of any race) living in poverty.

Among single parent (male or female) families: 26.6% lived in poverty.This number varied by race and ethnicity as follows:
22.5% of all white persons (which includes white Hispanics)
44.0% of all black persons (which includes black Hispanics)
33.4% of all Hispanic persons (of any race) living in poverty.

Among individuals living alone: 19.1% lived in poverty. This number varied by race and ethnicity as follows:
18% of white persons (which includes white Hispanics)
28.9% of black persons (which includes black Hispanics)
27% of Hispanic persons (of any race)living in poverty.

The poverty rate hasn't changed much since 1970. I guess Americans are every bit as racist now as we were then.

Quote:
First you imply that welfare makes people poor and from single parent homes
Not implying anything. Welfare encourages people to not work. Keep deflecting from that as you avoid the truth. Children from single parent homes have a much higher rate of poverty when they reach adulthood. They are not being trained properly with 1 parent. Keep avoiding that truth as you falsely play the race card.

Quote:
now you are saying people who are poor and from single parent homes are most susceptible to be hurt by welfare.
Because they don't work fulltime, they don't finish high school and they have children out of wedlock they cannot afford.

Quote:
You are talking in circles....to avoid saying that blacks are inferior.
No I'm not. That's just something you made up because you don't care about the truth and continue to deflect.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Of course they do. Otherwise, how do you explain NASCAR and rednecks
Liking NASCAR and being a redneck has nothing to do with abandoning your children, not taking care of your kids, and living off of welfare.

Old 08-12-2019, 04:59 AM

5,062 posts, read 3,744,097 times
Quote:
Well you seem to take time out of your grind to post about it or to try to refute what other people are posting about. Like you, I don't care about your personal experiences. They are YOUR person experiences and you cannot project what was true for you to be true of anyone else.

There is a REASON for everything. If you are not going to do research and study of an issue or problem, if you are not going to seek the knowledge of scholars, people educated and trained to understand human behavior and have done research.......your opinion might be part of the problem because its formed without doing much intellectual work or research. All people do is come on these forums and give their political parties talking points. They have not really dug into researching an issue. They wait for their favorite talk radio political pundit to tell them what to think and say....because that is who they trust. Then when someone like me challenges them.....they fold up and have to post a video of someone else and then say "you need to listen to this guy". That is because you cannot defend the BS you are talking about and that you heard from and repeated from someone else. If you are SO BUSY with your grind....how do you have time to REALLY understand an issue?

Few people on this forum has actually researched and studied issues of race. There are many studies and research that come out each year. There are many studies and test that show strong racial bias remains against blacks in America. There are behavioral psychologist who can explain the impact of centuries of racism on black people. There is a **** load of empirical data, as well as current data and studies out there for anyone who wants to read it......but you will not because you want to believe the BS that you want to believe. Willful ignorance to maintain your comfort and beliefs.
And so with all of that being true... other than all of that being an excuse as to why life is tough for black people... what are black people going to do about it except moan and cry for more handouts? What solutions do you have?

There's plenty of research out there about the Devil and exorcisms, but that don't make is necessarily true what's happening to Catholics.

I've told you in previous posts, I grew up in the south, racial tensions were pretty bad here growing up. When we had beef with a black guy at school, we would go out back and fight it out, and vice versa. We've settled our differences and have gotten on with life. Racism, true racism is fueled by ignorance. The most segregated racist parts of America are the cities and suburbs of the Rust Belt and in the Elitists counties of the North Eastern US.

You speak of political talking points, well here's one. Nixon and Reagan were ignorant racists (by today's standard of what a racists is, which is a white person with narrow minded views). Reagan's Ghetto Queen analogy should speak a lot as to the narrative of black welfare in this country at the time. A lot was done back then to make sure that blacks weren't taking advantage of welfare by cutting the programs. It simply made poor folks poorer. However, the absolute worst thing we can do to help poop people out is hand them monthly checks with no accountability. If you're broke poor and ignorant, what's a monthly check going to get you... truly. I'd much rather take that monthly check and use it to pay a community MENTOR who could help lift the poor up from poverty. Or use the money to help RELOCATE the poor into an area with jobs. Our social welfare program to me is throw money at it so they'll keep voting for us... if you see it differently I'd love to hear what you call it.

Until we teach the poor to stay married, stay out of jail, and finish their education, plus stop having kids before they're married. Until the poor stop turning to prescription drugs to self medicate, stop doing illegal drugs to self medicate. I mean, there's a myriad of issues to fix. Which ones could be fixed if we just inspire folks who are poor to start thinking for themselves and make a go of life? Why does anyone have to step in and help? No one helped me, I was on food stamps, WIC, and other assistance programs and made it...

Last edited by WiseManOnceSaid; 08-12-2019 at 05:09 AM..

Old 08-12-2019, 05:53 AM

10,198 posts, read 6,970,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
And so with all of that being true... other than all of that being an excuse as to why life is tough for black people... what are black people going to do about it except moan and cry for more handouts? What solutions do you have?

There's plenty of research out there about the Devil and exorcisms, but that don't make is necessarily true what's happening to Catholics.

I've told you in previous posts, I grew up in the south, racial tensions were pretty bad here growing up. When we had beef with a black guy at school, we would go out back and fight it out, and vice versa. We've settled our differences and have gotten on with life. Racism, true racism is fueled by ignorance. The most segregated racist parts of America are the cities and suburbs of the Rust Belt and in the Elitists counties of the North Eastern US.

You speak of political talking points, well here's one. Nixon and Reagan were ignorant racists (by today's standard of what a racists is, which is a white person with narrow minded views). Reagan's Ghetto Queen analogy should speak a lot as to the narrative of black welfare in this country at the time. A lot was done back then to make sure that blacks weren't taking advantage of welfare by cutting the programs. It simply made poor folks poorer. However, the absolute worst thing we can do to help poop people out is hand them monthly checks with no accountability. If you're broke poor and ignorant, what's a monthly check going to get you... truly. I'd much rather take that monthly check and use it to pay a community MENTOR who could help lift the poor up from poverty. Or use the money to help RELOCATE the poor into an area with jobs. Our social welfare program to me is throw money at it so they'll keep voting for us... if you see it differently I'd love to hear what you call it.

Until we teach the poor to stay married, stay out of jail, and finish their education, plus stop having kids before they're married. Until the poor stop turning to prescription drugs to self medicate, stop doing illegal drugs to self medicate. I mean, there's a myriad of issues to fix. Which ones could be fixed if we just inspire folks who are poor to start thinking for themselves and make a go of life? Why does anyone have to step in and help? No one helped me, I was on food stamps, WIC, and other assistance programs and made it...

While its true that all poor people suffer from some shared or universal conditions, attempts at fighting GENERAL POvERTY problems is not going to resolve the socioeconomic gaps between blacks and whites. Because you were poor does not mean you had a "black experience". In fact, most black people are not poor in this country. You used to be a poor white person and now you graduated to being a normal white person. A person never stops being "black" whether poor or rich. It's not, though, current racism that keeps blacks down.....its the echo of past racism that does. Unless society deals with this echo chamber of "race".....its never going to heal and I am NOT looking for whites to do anything or give anything. Blacks in America are echoing the racism of whites of the past. In other words, blacks are seeing and treating each other, in our worst communities, in the way that white racist have treated blacks in the past. Ergo, the use of the N word, the violence against other blacks, the deeming of blacks, etc, etc. Black people are treating each other like white people used to treat us.....hence the echo.

The problem runs a lot deeper than the mantra of single parent homes, education and the like. Blacks are more educated today than ever and many single parent homes are affluent.

Old 08-12-2019, 06:12 AM

30,250 posts, read 15,727,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianfan View Post
Is there a lot of bad behavior at NASCAR events?
Too many don't wear hearing protection?

Old 08-12-2019, 07:17 AM

5,062 posts, read 3,744,097 times
Quote:
While its true that all poor people suffer from some shared or universal conditions, attempts at fighting GENERAL POvERTY problems is not going to resolve the socioeconomic gaps between blacks and whites. Because you were poor does not mean you had a "black experience". In fact, most black people are not poor in this country. You used to be a poor white person and now you graduated to being a normal white person. A person never stops being "black" whether poor or rich. It's not, though, current racism that keeps blacks down.....its the echo of past racism that does. Unless society deals with this echo chamber of "race".....its never going to heal and I am NOT looking for whites to do anything or give anything. Blacks in America are echoing the racism of whites of the past. In other words, blacks are seeing and treating each other, in our worst communities, in the way that white racist have treated blacks in the past. Ergo, the use of the N word, the violence against other blacks, the deeming of blacks, etc, etc. Black people are treating each other like white people used to treat us.....hence the echo.

The problem runs a lot deeper than the mantra of single parent homes, education and the like. Blacks are more educated today than ever and many single parent homes are affluent.
So there's nothing to be done until the echos of the past cease to exist... which is a highly subjective subject. At what point in time will the black community as a whole put a cease to those echos? Today? Next year? 1000 years from now? When will enough be enough?

Old 08-12-2019, 09:28 AM
Status: "Make sure you include me in your manifesto" (set 20 days ago)

8,331 posts, read 3,262,696 times
So what is the next step in the race discussion?

Old 08-12-2019, 09:35 AM

10,198 posts, read 6,970,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
So there's nothing to be done until the echos of the past cease to exist... which is a highly subjective subject. At what point in time will the black community as a whole put a cease to those echos? Today? Next year? 1000 years from now? When will enough be enough?

It's not for me to call, nor you. It will happen when it happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or