Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2019, 09:43 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post

Here is the thing. You cannot reconcile an inequality without discrimination. What black people need to do is discriminate in favor of black people to undo the damage that resulted from centuries of discrimination against black people. I don't expect white people to discriminate to favor blacks....I expect black people to discriminate to favor blacks.....however, I do not expect a reflexive white discrimination to favor whites in reaction to what black are doing. Why? The reason being is that the goal is to make an inequality EQUAL, if whites do the same the result would be to exacerbate the existing racial inequalities.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:42 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Liking NASCAR and being a redneck has nothing to do with abandoning your children, not taking care of your kids, and living off of welfare.

However those people tend to be bottom feeders. You people love to pretend that the trailer trash "culture" doesn't exist. The white underclass and lower middle class is full of people living on welfare and disability, uneducated, poorly groomed and unwashed, drug users/addicts, uncouth behavior and generally exhibiting low morals.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:47 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianfan View Post
Is there a lot of bad behavior at NASCAR events?
I do not personally associate with those types but the uncouth behavior is always on display even from casual observation.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:59 AM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
But we weren't talking about white people. MOST ethnic groups in America patronize within their own communities FIRST....Asians, Hispanics, Africans, ethnic whites.
This is true, and I honestly can't figure out why anyone has a problem with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
When I was a kid my parents and my friends parents wouldn’t let us play with some neighborhood kids because they were white trash and we were told not to go round there. Lol.
Same. One of my friends in high school was "trash" according to my mom, although she wouldn't use such a word, but it was heavily implied. She did not want me hanging around her, and would never allow me to go to her house.

Anyway, I'm not sure what all of the back and forth on this thread has to do with the incident that took place. A grown adult assaulted a teenager. Then, a dog was sicced on the teenager, they punched him while he was down, a little kid took a stick to the teenager - what does any of this have to do with what happened?

We have NO IDEA if it was racially motivated because we don't have any audio of what led up to Fatty McFatterson going up to the teenager and swinging on the kid first. Fatty says that there was a knife, but at no time do we see a knife. If the teenager was brought to the ground by the dog, he would have dropped the knife. Why didn't Fatty show the knife to the police who stopped by?

Because there was no fricken knife. Fatty should be charged for attacking a teenager, no matter what caused the incident.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:09 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Here is the thing. You cannot reconcile an inequality without discrimination. What black people need to do is discriminate in favor of black people to undo the damage that resulted from centuries of discrimination against black people. I don't expect white people to discriminate to favor blacks....I expect black people to discriminate to favor blacks.....however, I do not expect a reflexive white discrimination to favor whites in reaction to what black are doing. Why? The reason being is that the goal is to make an inequality EQUAL, if whites do the same the result would be to exacerbate the existing racial inequalities.
Blacks already do that. And you never heard of affirmative action? That's whites sanctioning the discrimination against whites and others in favor of blacks.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:11 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This is true, and I honestly can't figure out why anyone has a problem with it.

Same. One of my friends in high school was "trash" according to my mom, although she wouldn't use such a word, but it was heavily implied. She did not want me hanging around her, and would never allow me to go to her house.

Anyway, I'm not sure what all of the back and forth on this thread has to do with the incident that took place. A grown adult assaulted a teenager. Then, a dog was sicced on the teenager, they punched him while he was down, a little kid took a stick to the teenager - what does any of this have to do with what happened?

We have NO IDEA if it was racially motivated because we don't have any audio of what led up to Fatty McFatterson going up to the teenager and swinging on the kid first. Fatty says that there was a knife, but at no time do we see a knife. If the teenager was brought to the ground by the dog, he would have dropped the knife. Why didn't Fatty show the knife to the police who stopped by?

Because there was no fricken knife. Fatty should be charged for attacking a teenager, no matter what caused the incident.

How would audio have cleared up whether or not it was racial? I have seen lighter skinned blacks denigrate and sound racist to darker skinned blacks in conflict....and visa versa. What could be said that would indict or exonerate the motive of race? "I am siccing my dog on you because you are a N and I don't like Ns". If that is the bar for it to be racist then you are not gong to hear that....but absent hearing that does not mean that it is not

Old 08-12-2019, 02:14 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I do not personally associate with those types but the uncouth behavior is always on display even from casual observation.
I like to poke fun at NASCAR as much as the next person but in general it's nothing like the stereotypes.

You're certainly going to have some idiots there but....that's most large public gatherings whether it's a concert or sports event etc.

Old 08-12-2019, 02:17 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,060 times
Quote:
I know that in Ghana, a place that is the ancestral home of many African Americans, the murder rate in its largest city Accra, is about 10 times less than it is in the city of Detroit. In fact, the murder rate in black African nations not in civil wars, which is most now, have a much lower homicide rate than blacks in America and the Caribbean. It's mainly in the nations where there is a long history or racial oppression and or racial enslavement, that high rates of black homicides exits (I am sure there are exceptions to the rule, however). That tells me that the big root for violence has something to do with living in white dominated societies and the way these societies see and treat black people. I am certainly not saying that this event is a microcosm of that today, but it certainly is a historical microcosm. Oppression by a thousand little cuts.
Oh, here we go with the racial oppression bull again, yep it is all Whiteys fault. Take a look at your own garbage culture to blame for your problems in your own neighborhoods and to some extent ours. Maybe if blacks would make an effort to assimilate a little more and quit reacting to everything with violence, it might go a long way to solving problems within the black community or communities in general.

Old 08-12-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Nope. All they have to do is set the narrative via their control of the country, media and narrative. Just pound in a peoples head that they are inferior, savages, violent and their own worst enemies and eventually that will come true as a self fulfilling prophecy. I mean....white people are not forcing black people to call each other the N word....but its a carryover we learned from white society calling us that. It's not forced behavior....its CONDITIONED behavior.
Really and your people are that naive to formulate their own opinion?

Last edited by Pgh guy; 08-12-2019 at 03:30 PM..

Old 08-12-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
What makes blacks not finish high school, have kids out of wedlock and come from 1 parent homes more than whites? Is that a carry over from African culture? There is a reason for everything. Nothing just happens without a cause. What is it?
In some cases lack of discipline in one parent household leads to lack of self discipline. Being no father figure leads to no guidance, no mentor. I learned to raise my sons by the example of what my parents did. I believe this is first and foremost. This is a huge problem within the black community and is carrying over sadly to the White community. This needs to change, education is the answer and parents need to enforce this. It all starts at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies