U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM
 
10,148 posts, read 6,954,283 times
Reputation: 4256

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
I can tell you one thing, due to discrimination lawsuits (being fired), it is much easier not to hire blacks than it is to fire them, they have in essence painted themselves into a corner. I have friends who own businesses and this is exactly why they won't hire blacks.

Lol....yeah right. Funny how since there is no more cotton to be picked and shoes to be licked.....every generation is coming up with reasons not to hire blacks. For the longest the reason was because you said we are lazy.

 
Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM
 
824 posts, read 148,229 times
Reputation: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You guys are something. Can a women be "a little bit pregnant"? With a strait face, I would assume, you are suggesting it could be both, meaning partly the consequence of racism and partly an inferior nature of blacks. Saying its both is is still saying blacks are inferior. Thus, you either admit that its all racism.....or you admit that blacks are inferior. Saying both is saying blacks are inferior.
Inferiority exists, not because of skin color, but some are inferior intellectually, maybe that is where the problem lies. The bottom line is educate yourself to whatever level you are capable of and learn to live with it.
 
Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM
 
Location: Charleston, SC
5,054 posts, read 3,733,135 times
Reputation: 4079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I am not here to blame any living white person as the cause (although SOME living might are complicit). I am here to say that white racism is the ROOT of the socioeconomic inequalities between blacks and whites today. If that is not true....then blacks must be inferior by default. You can call it scapegoating, race card, victim mentality, etc.....I prefer the term...TRUTH. If its a LIE....then that means the truth is inferiority.
So how about this for a ROOT of the socioeconomic inequalities. Let's take St. Louis, or Baltimore, or any other city where blacks give 90% of their loyalty to Democrats? The absolute worst socioeconomic conditions for inner city black are in fact in cities that have been run by Democrats for decades. St. Louis is the murder capital in the US currently followed closely by Baltimore. Not Chicago as one would expect. Other cities making the list are New Orleans; Kansas City, Missouri; Cleveland; Memphis, Tennessee; and Newark, New Jersey. In all but one of the cities above, they are all managed by a Democratic mayor, and some have been Democratic for OVER 50 YEARS.

I am certainly not blaming murder on the Democrats running these cities, but simply stating that management is not helping the murder rates and that perhaps a different mind-set is in order. Perhaps handouts and welfare are not working. Perhaps public education and free lunches aren't working. Perhaps affirmative action and small business loans aren't working. Perhaps if we changed some of these programs, there would be some improvement?

How are identity politics and separating blacks into their own groups of the disadvantaged doing them any justice? How about we just treat black people as people and start training them on how not to be a victim anymore? How do we teach a group of people to start thinking for themselves and teach them it's not about hope and change but about pulling up your bootstraps and living your lives?
 
Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM
 
Location: Raleigh NC
9,651 posts, read 7,333,948 times
Reputation: 8342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Make an argument and I will demonstrate that the unstated premise is that the inequality of blacks is either internally rooted or externally rooted.



You never get to the explanation why a greater percentage of blacks are backed into the corner than whites. Oh....I know you say single parent homes, but you never explain why a greater percentage of blacks come from single parent homes than whites. Oh....I know you say the welfare state, but you never explain why blacks were more vulnerable to the welfare state than whites. Oh....i Know you say its because people are poor.....but you never say why a greater percentage of blacks were/are poor. Oh....I know you will say because they are from single parent homes......and you will go around in a circles like a dog chasing its tail.
so, you're black and 67% of black households are single parent. Why is that? Is that a good thing or a bad thing (and by bad, I mean negatively affects the children/future)? What can we do to change it?

the "on/off switch" metaphor you're using applies to this:

You're either looking to the past and assigning fault and blame, or you're looking to the future with solutions and positive actions.
 
Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM
 
Location: Houston
22,725 posts, read 11,721,177 times
Reputation: 9225
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Non-white kids under 18 in the US:

2017 numbers

Non-White 36,327,748 give or take a couple
White 37,327,630 give or take a couple

https://datacenter.kidscount.org/dat...,71,72/423,424

There's less black kids on welfare than white kids. Theres less white kids on welfare than latinos. It's simple statistics...
Non white does not equate to black. My wife is non white She ain’t black.

Now, since you have the white number look up the number of black children on welfare compared to the population of black children.

Let’s not be deliberately obtuse here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top