U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-10-2019, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,524 posts, read 11,656,947 times
Reputation: 4363

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET14 View Post
Man defends himself from young obviously extremely violent thug. Good for him for having a great dog to defend him.Our dog does the same thing for us.
1. the kid was walking away

2. the older man swung first.

The mental gymnastics it took for you to write that post are amazing.

 
Old 08-10-2019, 01:05 PM
 
10,148 posts, read 6,954,283 times
Reputation: 4256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I am curious as to the context of what happened prior to what the video showed. If multiple White people attack a young Black guy and even use a dog (appears to be a Pit) on said young boy, assuming race a was a motivation is understandable. Heck, I would be surprised if race was not a factor all!

Why don't people ever reason like that when talking about the overall condition of blacks and how we are behaving and performing in society today? When was the last time a person like you stopped to ask what was going on in America, with blacks and whites (what was whites doing to blacks), prior to the conditions we live in today? Probably NEVER. Yet, when events like this come just showing a few moments in time.....you want to know the moments that were going on prior to what is being seen. Well...if I did that to explain black behavior today.....you would say I am making excuses. Are you looking to make excuses for the behavior of the family?
 
Old 08-10-2019, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Texas
27,021 posts, read 11,349,510 times
Reputation: 6219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Why don't people ever reason like that when talking about the overall condition of blacks and how we are behaving and performing in society today? When was the last time a person like you stopped to ask what was going on in America, with blacks and whites (what was whites doing to blacks), prior to the conditions we live in today? Probably NEVER. Yet, when events like this come just showing a few moments in time.....you want to know the moments that were going on prior to what is being seen. Well...if I did that to explain black behavior today.....you would say I am making excuses. Are you looking to make excuses for the behavior of the family?
Because it doesn't matter. Stay together, raise your children and get off of welfare.
Finish High School, work a full time job, and wait until you're 21 and married to have kids and that will give you a 75 percent chance of being middle class or higher and a 2 percent chance of being permanently poor. I don't see racism stopping anyone from working full time, finishing high school, or forcing people to have kids out of wedlock.
B-b-b-but racism.
 
Old 08-10-2019, 01:34 PM
 
10,148 posts, read 6,954,283 times
Reputation: 4256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because it doesn't matter. Stay together, raise your children and get off of welfare.
Finish High School, work a full time job, and wait until you're 21 and married to have kids and that will give you a 75 percent chance of being middle class or higher and a 2 percent chance of being permanently poor. I don't see racism stopping anyone from working full time, finishing high school, or forcing people to have kids out of wedlock.
B-b-b-but racism.

And just because people are WHITE....they are more successful at doing those things than blacks.



If you want to be in the NBA just start at a young age, play a lot, build your strength and eat right and 90% of the people can do what Micheal Jordan or Labron James has done. That's the formula. Nothing stopping white kids from being like Mike or Usain Bolt....right?
 
Old 08-10-2019, 01:37 PM
 
10,148 posts, read 6,954,283 times
Reputation: 4256
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
1. the kid was walking away

2. the older man swung first.

The mental gymnastics it took for you to write that post are amazing.

Likely he or she has been training since they were kids. Does not take much effort when you are well trained and have been TAUGHT to think that way from an early age. Probably comes from a long line of "gymnast".
 
Old 08-10-2019, 01:42 PM
 
30,017 posts, read 15,669,622 times
Reputation: 20275
I see a crap load of speculation occurring, and the race card being thrown like beads at Mardi Gras, but not much else.
 
Old 08-10-2019, 01:42 PM
 
5,028 posts, read 987,382 times
Reputation: 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Why don't people ever reason like that when talking about the overall condition of blacks and how we are behaving and performing in society today? When was the last time a person like you stopped to ask what was going on in America, with blacks and whites (what was whites doing to blacks), prior to the conditions we live in today? Probably NEVER. Yet, when events like this come just showing a few moments in time.....you want to know the moments that were going on prior to what is being seen. Well...if I did that to explain black behavior today.....you would say I am making excuses. Are you looking to make excuses for the behavior of the family?
I am not looking to justify the behaviors of the attackers. However, there is a tendency to potentially present a story or video as is but not explain what happened prior to what was presented. Also, the Black teen hypothetically could have thrown the first punch. That doesn't justify the attack on him but he might not as much of a victim that the media might eventually portray him as. Note that the idea of "not as much of a victim that as the media might paint that person as" last sentence excludes victims of sex crimes.

In terms of the overall condition(s) of Blacks in this country, people sometimes do. I believe there are 5 mindsets. The second and fifth mindsets would correspond to systematic/structural racism. Sure, you could make additional mindsets when incorporating at least 2 of the above mindsets together:
-The idea of "because they are Black, let's make situations for them even worse".
-The idea of "while it was not intended to be racist, it became racist because it favors White people".
-The idea of "this is a consequence of the decisions your parents or guardians made and maybe who they hung out with".
-The idea of "you are in this situation because of the choices you made".
-The idea of "because of economic, education, and the environment they are in, many Blacks tend to not-do
so well as Whites".
 
Old 08-10-2019, 01:44 PM
 
30,017 posts, read 15,669,622 times
Reputation: 20275
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
1. the kid was walking away

2. the older man swung first.

The mental gymnastics it took for you to write that post are amazing.
A whole bunch of speculation there.
 
Old 08-10-2019, 01:49 PM
 
10,148 posts, read 6,954,283 times
Reputation: 4256
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
A whole bunch of speculation there.

Not speculation....OBSERVATION. That is what happened in the video. Speculation are assumptions made of things NOT SEEN in the video. Granted, as someone mentioned, we don't know the events that transpired before this....and we NEED to know that before we can truly understand whats in the video.
 
Old 08-10-2019, 01:51 PM
 
48,733 posts, read 45,813,397 times
Reputation: 15495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Not speculation....OBSERVATION. That is what happened in the video. Speculation are assumptions made of things NOT SEEN in the video. Granted, as someone mentioned, we don't know the events that transpired before this....and we NEED to know that before we can truly understand whats in the video.
And according to observations, it does not look good. We can only go based on what we see in the video. Further details have not been released. No arrests have been made. Everything else, the speculations are being made based on how things have been in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top