Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2019, 06:21 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times

Advertisements

Looks like 2 people got in a fight and then a gang of friends of one combatant attacked the guy, and they sicked a dangerous dog on him as well.

Unless some evidence of a weapon can be produced to justify this kind of attack on the black guy, it looks like some charges should be filed, to me. But didn't the news account say that the black guy wasn't cooperating?

Old 08-11-2019, 06:23 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Not enough information yet. Was the dog used as a weapon? Looks that way. Why was the dog used as a weapon? Not known.

I had a chocolate lab that would defend her family to the death. She would have jumped into that fight in a second.

The question begs, would the op have posted this if it were a black family that turned the dog loose on a white person? Would it have even made the news?

Im not defending the family in the video for using the dog, I don't know if the man was telling the truth about the knife. The fact that the police haven't made any arrests has me bothered. Someone or all should be charges with a disorderly at the very least.

Im glad I always lived in the country. We seldom if ever had neighbors argue let alone fighting. The only bad neighbors we had were New Jersey transplant families. 3 families in a constant state of feud with each other and others. No fights, but they called the police constantly on everyone.

Old 08-11-2019, 06:25 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Not enough information yet. Was the dog used as a weapon? Looks that way. Why was the dog used as a weapon? Not known.

I had a chocolate lab that would defend her family to the death. She would have jumped into that fight in a second.

The question begs, would the op have posted this if it were a black family that turned the dog loose on a white person? Would it have even made the news?

Im not defending the family in the video for using the dog, I don't know if the man was telling the truth about the knife. The fact that the police haven't made any arrests has me bothered. Someone or all should be charges with a disorderly at the very least.

Im glad I always lived in the country. We seldom if ever had neighbors argue let alone fighting. The only bad neighbors we had were New Jersey transplant families. 3 families in a constant state of feud with each other and others. No fights, but they called the police constantly on everyone.
Violence, while rare, is always horrible to come face to face with. I'm sure justice will prevail in this case given time.

Old 08-11-2019, 06:27 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
More black people need to exercise our 2nd Amendment rights and start getting more firearms training.

Old 08-11-2019, 06:33 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I would never argue against a fact. Things have been tough for people who get dominated by another people since the days of yore. Look at what Spanish did to the indigenous folks here in the Americas. Horrible. I just don't lump today's situations into something that took place 200 years ago. The fact that I was taught to dress a certain way or go to a certain church or stay out of crack houses or whatever has no real bearing on what I ultimately decided to do with my own life...

What is your explanation as to why the black poverty RATE in America is 3 times that of whites? I am not talking about total numbers because there are over 200 million whites while only 40 plus million blacks

Old 08-11-2019, 06:36 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
More black people need to exercise our 2nd Amendment rights and start getting more firearms training.
I would absolutely agree. That's why my son would be able to qualify expert if had joined the army. I know because he can shoot as well as anyone I know who served. Thats with a pistol rifle or shotgun.

We don't know what really happened and what really led to the dog attack. The video doesn't start at the beginning of the to do.

While visiting a friend in New York, I saw a worse fight start over. a parking space. My friend told me that among his neighbors it was fairly routine that someone was going to be throwing punches over BS reasons. Which explained the need for bars on everyones windows.

Old 08-11-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
What is your explanation as to why the black poverty RATE in America is 3 times that of whites? I am not talking about total numbers because there are over 200 million whites while only 40 plus million blacks
There's probably 1000's of reasons. Three proven reasons are: not finishing high school, having kids out of wedlock, and coming from 1 parent homes.

Old 08-11-2019, 06:56 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
More Black Americans need to stop seeking to be employees and start being owners/entrepreneurs. We also need to prioritize recycling our wealth amongst other black Americans first before patronizing non-black businesses.

Old 08-11-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
More Black Americans need to stop seeking to be employees and start being owners/entrepreneurs. We also need to prioritize recycling our wealth amongst other black Americans first before patronizing non-black businesses.
If a white person only wanted to do business with whites only, they would be taken into the town square and hung by the media, their peers, and the authorities...

Old 08-11-2019, 07:01 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
There's probably 1000's of reasons. Three proven reasons are: not finishing high school, having kids out of wedlock, and coming from 1 parent homes.

What makes blacks not finish high school, have kids out of wedlock and come from 1 parent homes more than whites? Is that a carry over from African culture? There is a reason for everything. Nothing just happens without a cause. What is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies