U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 12:31 PM
Status: "unless it's got that "it" factor." (set 21 hours ago)

4,439 posts, read 807,076 times

Advertisements

https://radio.foxnews.com/2019/08/09...for-murderers/

This is a brief, excellent interview of Donna Brazile from yesterday by conservative host Guy Benson. I have always had a vaguely negative impression of her. But what a breath of fresh air! Both audio and transcript at link. I recommend the audio version for 'tone of voice.' She put out a book a couple years ago, and now I'm going to definitely read it.

Quote:
This conversation about race and racism, domestic terrorism, white supremacy, white nationalism, it is that I am profoundly saddened as an American. The reason why is to point fingers and the plate is so-called blame game. President Trump had nothing to do with the maniac, and I'm being gracious here, the maniac who shot up a Wal-Mart store. He had nothing to do with the person who shot up you know the bar in Dayton. This is unbecoming of a country. The president of United States you know should not be blamed....
Quote:
Donna Brazile I will. Let me just say one last thing in 140 people on the [cruise] boat. I estimate about 100 of us were Americans and there was a earthquake while we were there. And you know what we did. We checked on each other. Think about that. We were Americans abroad enjoying our vacation and we checked on each other. I love my country. I love the Lord and thank you Guy for having me on today. Thank you.
('boat' refers to a cruise ship she was on touring around Greece).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 01:06 PM

14,494 posts, read 6,331,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
https://radio.foxnews.com/2019/08/09...for-murderers/

This is a brief, excellent interview of Donna Brazile from yesterday by conservative host Guy Benson. I have always had a vaguely negative impression of her. But what a breath of fresh air! Both audio and transcript at link. I recommend the audio version for 'tone of voice.' She put out a book a couple years ago, and now I'm going to definitely read it.

('boat' refers to a cruise ship she was on touring around Greece).
Iíve always liked Donna Brazille. I donít even care all that much about the debate questions. I bet that goes on a lot more than any of us believe. Sheís very smart about politics. I donít always agree with her, but I canít help liking her. And I think the silver hair looks really good on her lol.

Old 08-10-2019, 01:17 PM

13,685 posts, read 4,221,890 times
While I agree with Donna Brazile, I suspect she is just playing good cop in good cop bad cop.

Old 08-10-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Iíve always liked Donna Brazille. I donít even care all that much about the debate questions. I bet that goes on a lot more than any of us believe. Sheís very smart about politics. I donít always agree with her, but I canít help liking her. And I think the silver hair looks really good on her lol.
Is it too late to start a 'draft Donna' movement? I currently cannot stomach ANY of the Dem field. Maybe Tulsi Gabbard, but literally NONE of the others from the top 4-6 candidates.

Old 08-10-2019, 01:20 PM

18,466 posts, read 18,404,742 times
Donna Brazille rigged the primary and gave Clinton all the debate questions ahead of time. The fact she isn't hiding in a cave shows she has absolutely no shame. Just goes to show most Democrats are fine with election meddling as long as the person is a Democrat.

Old 08-10-2019, 01:25 PM

2,084 posts, read 535,531 times
Do we have proof that El Paso shooter was not inspired by Trump? We had the MAGA bomber send pipe bombs to all of Trump’s most hated Democratic politicians. The El Paso shooter used Trumps FAVORITE two words “Fake News” in his manifesto (only Trump supporters use this term). To say Trump doesn’t inspire sick and evil doers is wishful thinking, especially with all the rhetoric against refugees at the southern border and the history right-wing terrorism in this country.

Old 08-10-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Do we have proof that El Paso shooter was not inspired by Trump? We had the MAGA bomber send pipe bombs to all of Trumpís most hated Democratic politicians. The El Paso shooter used Trumps FAVORITE two words ďFake NewsĒ in his manifesto (only Trump supporters use this term). To say Trump doesnít inspire sick and evil doers is wishful thinking, especially with all the rhetoric against refugees at the southern border and the history right-wing terrorism in this country.
I've heard MANY non-Trump supporters use the term 'fake news.' Here's an article from Salon.com (hardly a pro-trump outlet) from 2 hours ago.
https://www.salon.com/2019/08/10/the...-of-their-own/

Try again. Please listen to the interview. You could use it.

Old 08-10-2019, 03:46 PM

2,084 posts, read 535,531 times
Quote:
I've heard MANY non-Trump supporters use the term 'fake news.' Here's an article from Salon.com (hardly a pro-trump outlet) from 2 hours ago.
https://www.salon.com/2019/08/10/the...-of-their-own/

Try again. Please listen to the interview. You could use it.
Dude! In the article, they are referring to actual fake information (internet, social media, etc.), not the U.S media (huge difference).The El Paso shooter refers to the U.S media....just like Trump.

Here is more similarities to Trump from the El Paso shooters manifesto, it’s too much to ignore.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...uage-manifesto

Old 08-11-2019, 12:21 AM

14,494 posts, read 6,331,136 times
Quote:
Is it too late to start a 'draft Donna' movement? I currently cannot stomach ANY of the Dem field. Maybe Tulsi Gabbard, but literally NONE of the others from the top 4-6 candidates.
Draft Donna to run for president? No, I wouldn’t vote for her. I just like her from years seeing her on This Week With George Stephanopoulos and back during the Clinton years. I do like Tulsi Gabbard. I would look into her more if I thought she had a chance in hell of winning the nomination.

Old 08-11-2019, 01:32 AM

8,579 posts, read 4,391,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Dude! In the article, they are referring to actual fake information (internet, social media, etc.), not the U.S media (huge difference).The El Paso shooter refers to the U.S media....just like Trump.

Here is more similarities to Trump from the El Paso shooters manifesto, itís too much to ignore.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...uage-manifesto
yeah the El Paso shooter's support for a universal income and healthcare sounded like Trump not Bernie Sanders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies