U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 08:25 PM

4,589 posts, read 3,155,103 times

Advertisements

I don't like trump.

Trump could not even build his wall when he had all chambers of government in his first 2 years. Moscow mitch got everything he wanted out of him and laughs at him in a closet.

Yang knows that in the future AI will dominate ever field. Just watch the AMC Humans. Everyone will be unemployed when the machines take over

Tulsi gabbard does not want to get into wars and she actually wants to invest in american infrastracture.

Team tulsi 2020!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 08:36 PM

473 posts, read 1,022,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You don't say who is stating this, but I can only assume it's liberal morons.

As opposed to someone calling other people names for no good reason ----> straight to the iggie bin.

Old 08-10-2019, 08:43 PM

435 posts, read 676,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Then you're telling us he supports open borders.
How do you come away with that? switchtoecig has made it clear that Yang is not an open borders advocate.
If you read yang's web site, he proposes many things to help secure the border.
If you think this still means that he supports open borders, than there really is no hope for you.

Old 08-10-2019, 09:08 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,756,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
Building a bigger coalition is exactly what US needs in these times. I'm watching this whole thing developing from Croatia, and I can tell you this - if US fails to form a decent coalition, things are going to get very ugly. And when I say exactly how ugly, half of this forum usually flips out.

However, this doesn't prevent them from throwing rocks at Andrew both from left and right. Many just don't want to understand him. Or are so entrenched in their precious liberal or conservative positions that they would cut their own nose to spite their own face, rather than try to modify their own opinion in accordance with new information.

As a minority himself, Andrew Yang had his unfair share of abuse while growing up and in high school. He talked about it in his book - The war on normal people - which you can listen to on Youtube, or buy on Amazon - in which he explains the origins of his platform. An experience like that would make a lesser person bitter and resentful for the rest of his life, but not Andrew. It only solidified his conviction and willingness to help the underdog.

That's why he is ready to work for the underdog, no matter who that one is
- truck drivers - mostly white btw, rustbelt working class
- immigrants, all races
- minorities,
- people convicted for nonviolent crimes, related to marihuana,
etc. you get the picture

Now, his calm demeanor and constructive and unifying approach got him a following of many who had given up on politics and are now coming back for him only. Of course, this doesn't sit well with centrers of left and right power. I knew that media would do anything to marginalize him. They have been doing it for a while. So, some of the reactions from this place would be from people influenced by MSNBC, FOX or CNN. I wrote about it, here's the post
How media MIStreat Yang

Yang thinks that cash payments to all will solve America's problems while letting in more illegals. Seriously, who came up with that?

America needs more blue collar jobs. The quickest and easiest way is to get illegals out of the country. Enforce existing laws. Stop importing stuff that can be made in the US. I would place a 30-40% tariff on everything coming into the US with one-time waivers for things that create jobs immediately in the US such as manufacturing machines.

Old 08-10-2019, 09:10 PM

23,699 posts, read 12,507,533 times
Hate to break it to folks but these two aren't even in the running - lol.

Gabbard may not make the cut off for the debates in September

And Yang might squeak in - for not wearing a tie.

So let's have a deep meaningful discussion about nothing.

Old 08-10-2019, 09:12 PM

11,709 posts, read 2,893,442 times
Typical Leftist smear tactics

Old 08-10-2019, 09:15 PM

11,478 posts, read 7,420,041 times
Yang or Gabbard would be infinitely better than trump.

Old 08-10-2019, 10:41 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,756,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Yang or Gabbard would be infinitely better than trump.
Gabbard in 2024 would be awesome after a second Trump term, especially Gabbard running on a Main Street Republican platform instead of a corporate America Dem or Repub platform.

Old 08-10-2019, 11:22 PM

27,873 posts, read 17,824,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
Gabbard in 2024 would be awesome after a second Trump term, especially Gabbard running on a Main Street Republican platform instead of a corporate America Dem or Repub platform.
I don't see that happening. Tulsi is still a left-wing politician. It's just that she's left but can still see the center-unlike some of the other dingbats that are on the primary ticket. I respect her positions concerning avoiding sacrificing the lives of American servicemen and women in useless interventions but can't support her opposition to civil rights regarding the 2nd. Or her economic positions.

However-if Trump sells out the civil rights of gun owners with either "Red Flag" laws or registration (aka "universal background checks") I won't be voting for his 2nd term-which makes Gabbard one of the least bad choices, and about the only Democrat with any appeal to a moderate.

Old 08-10-2019, 11:41 PM

8,093 posts, read 4,242,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_Thumb View Post
Why am I seeing people from the left, call out these democratic candidates as white supremacists or trump supporter trolls? I see this in the news, and the comment sections.

I am a minority, and am having a difficult one with this one.
In fact, I like both of these candidates, though I think they will have a problem wining, if there are people on the left calling them Trump supporters or white supremacists.

I have also noticed that both of these candidates get a lot of support from independents and the moderate right folk. Heck, I know a few people at work, who are die-hard republicans talking about voting for Yang. They seem to be legitimately concerned for people who will be displaced by automation and technology. This is what convinced me to do some more research on Yang.

So why not build a bigger coalition? Why assume that these people are just trolls? Not saying that you should cast your primary vote for Gabbard or Yang, but why turn these people off? As they have bring a lot to the dialogue.

What policies are they actually touting that are against minorities or pro-Trump?
LOL, I thought that only people on the Right were supposed to be able to be insane conspiracy theorists. You're absolutely right. They're calling a regular ole Democrat ... well they're calling both of them pretty much everything. Nazi! Russian agent! Secret Trump plant! Racist! Fascist! Homophobic! Bigoted! Standard process for the Left these days.

Gabbard is the best person the Dems are running, so naturally the Dems ignore her. The GOP ignored Ron Paul in 2012 and Rand Paul in 2016. The best people for the job will never get within a 100 miles of the Presidency. It's a fact that drives me crazy.

And I certainly will cast my primary vote for Gabbard even if I have to write her in at that point. Hopefully I'm given the option to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or