U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-11-2019, 03:00 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
67,119 posts, read 34,158,744 times
Reputation: 14442

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_Thumb View Post
Why am I seeing people from the left, call out these democratic candidates as white supremacists or trump supporter trolls? I see this in the news, and the comment sections.

I am a minority, and am having a difficult one with this one.
In fact, I like both of these candidates, though I think they will have a problem wining, if there are people on the left calling them Trump supporters or white supremacists.

I have also noticed that both of these candidates get a lot of support from independents and the moderate right folk. Heck, I know a few people at work, who are die-hard republicans talking about voting for Yang. They seem to be legitimately concerned for people who will be displaced by automation and technology. This is what convinced me to do some more research on Yang.

So why not build a bigger coalition? Why assume that these people are just trolls? Not saying that you should cast your primary vote for Gabbard or Yang, but why turn these people off? As they have bring a lot to the dialogue.

What policies are they actually touting that are against minorities or pro-Trump?



We all knew, this election cycle was going to be EPIC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-11-2019, 10:24 PM
 
435 posts, read 675,843 times
Reputation: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You are open borders. You want another amnesty and no deportations or even deterrents. Further you want more quest workers. I don't support anything you and Yang are proposing.
Do you even know what the difference between amnesty vs the path-to-citizenship proposals that are being discussed? Unlike the 80s' amnesty, the undocumented don't simply become citizens.
These proposals also have contingencies for border security measurements. Yes, that means bi-partisan support to get actual funding, instead of stealing it from other budgets. This means that we actually get serious on securing our border.

After two years, Trump is at 2.5% of his proposed campaign promise of building his full wall.
You think he will finish? What happens when he leaves office?
We've done it your way for decades, and enough is enough.
I want a secure border before the problem gets even worse, and we have even more people illegally living in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2019, 10:59 PM
 
12,671 posts, read 3,966,121 times
Reputation: 3834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_Thumb View Post
Do you even know what the difference between amnesty vs the path-to-citizenship proposals that are being discussed? Unlike the 80s' amnesty, the undocumented don't simply become citizens.
These proposals also have contingencies for border security measurements. Yes, that means bi-partisan support to get actual funding, instead of stealing it from other budgets. This means that we actually get serious on securing our border.

After two years, Trump is at 2.5% of his proposed campaign promise of building his full wall.
You think he will finish? What happens when he leaves office?
We've done it your way for decades, and enough is enough.
I want a secure border before the problem gets even worse, and we have even more people illegally living in this country.
There is no difference. Either illegals' status remains illegal or they're getting amnesty.

Trump hasn't gotten the wall or much done on illegal immigration because the Democrats and some Republicans are blocking it. You are making the same old empty promise of amnesty then border security. Democrats get their amnesty for their new voters but no security upgrade happens. Been there done that before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:01 PM
 
435 posts, read 675,843 times
Reputation: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
There is no difference. Either illegals' status remains illegal or they're getting amnesty.

Trump hasn't gotten the wall or much done on illegal immigration because the Democrats and some Republicans are blocking it. You are making the same old empty promise of amnesty then border security. Democrats get their amnesty for their new voters but no security upgrade happens. Been there done that before.
Ummm... Yes, there is a difference. You just want to say there is no difference, because the complexity is too difficult for you to understand.
Also, you are very dishonest. When did I promise amnesty before border security? I am for the complete opposite. Its hopeless to have a discussion with you, because you make so many presuppositions.
You seem to characterize everything to extremes. You want to categorize the establishment, far-left (both which have interest in having this problem continue) and moderates (who want border security) in one bucket because you ignore the nuances.

I hope Trump can secure the border during his term. I just disagree with how he is going about it.
Border security is a very important issue, so he will get a lot of points from me, if there is significant progress made from his sledge hammer approach. I just don't see it yet.

But sure, keep saying that I am open borders... eyes roll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:06 PM
 
46,182 posts, read 18,291,295 times
Reputation: 19279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_Thumb View Post
Why am I seeing people from the left, call out these democratic candidates as white supremacists or trump supporter trolls? I see this in the news, and the comment sections.......
Because they have been ordered to support Biden and they willingly obey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top