Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 02:45 PM

436 posts, read 755,718 times

Advertisements

Why am I seeing people from the left, call out these democratic candidates as white supremacists or trump supporter trolls? I see this in the news, and the comment sections.

I am a minority, and am having a difficult one with this one.
In fact, I like both of these candidates, though I think they will have a problem wining, if there are people on the left calling them Trump supporters or white supremacists.

I have also noticed that both of these candidates get a lot of support from independents and the moderate right folk. Heck, I know a few people at work, who are die-hard republicans talking about voting for Yang. They seem to be legitimately concerned for people who will be displaced by automation and technology. This is what convinced me to do some more research on Yang.

So why not build a bigger coalition? Why assume that these people are just trolls? Not saying that you should cast your primary vote for Gabbard or Yang, but why turn these people off? As they have bring a lot to the dialogue.

What policies are they actually touting that are against minorities or pro-Trump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 03:02 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Right now it is the Democrat candidates fighting each other for who will run. They will say and do anything in pursuit of being the winner (though the DNC is the ones who actually decide it).

I posted on another thread that depending on the winner, this strategy is going to come back against them running against Trump. A strategy of "I am not Trump" is not going to win, and pandering with radical, leftist ideas is not going to obtain the non-party aligned/swing voters, whom are the ones who actually decided the elections.

Old 08-10-2019, 03:07 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
You don't say who is stating this, but I can only assume it's liberal morons.

Tulsi Gabbard doesn't toe the typical Democratic party line. I like her. The liberals I know love Harris. I suppose since Gabbard went after Harris during the last debate, that must make her a Trump supporter in their brilliant minds.

Old 08-10-2019, 03:15 PM

934 posts, read 402,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_Thumb View Post
Why am I seeing people from the left, call out these democratic candidates as white supremacists or trump supporter trolls? I see this in the news, and the comment sections.

I am a minority, and am having a difficult one with this one.
In fact, I like both of these candidates, though I think they will have a problem wining, if there are people on the left calling them Trump supporters or white supremacists.

I have also noticed that both of these candidates get a lot of support from independents and the moderate right folk. Heck, I know a few people at work, who are die-hard republicans talking about voting for Yang. They seem to be legitimately concerned for people who will be displaced by automation and technology. This is what convinced me to do some more research on Yang.

So why not build a bigger coalition? Why assume that these people are just trolls? Not saying that you should cast your primary vote for Gabbard or Yang, but why turn these people off? As they have bring a lot to the dialogue.

What policies are they actually touting that are against minorities or pro-Trump?
Building a bigger coalition is exactly what US needs in these times. I'm watching this whole thing developing from Croatia, and I can tell you this - if US fails to form a decent coalition, things are going to get very ugly. And when I say exactly how ugly, half of this forum usually flips out.

However, this doesn't prevent them from throwing rocks at Andrew both from left and right. Many just don't want to understand him. Or are so entrenched in their precious liberal or conservative positions that they would cut their own nose to spite their own face, rather than try to modify their own opinion in accordance with new information.

As a minority himself, Andrew Yang had his unfair share of abuse while growing up and in high school. He talked about it in his book - The war on normal people - which you can listen to on Youtube, or buy on Amazon - in which he explains the origins of his platform. An experience like that would make a lesser person bitter and resentful for the rest of his life, but not Andrew. It only solidified his conviction and willingness to help the underdog.

That's why he is ready to work for the underdog, no matter who that one is
- truck drivers - mostly white btw, rustbelt working class
- immigrants, all races
- minorities,
- people convicted for nonviolent crimes, related to marihuana,
etc. you get the picture

Now, his calm demeanor and constructive and unifying approach got him a following of many who had given up on politics and are now coming back for him only. Of course, this doesn't sit well with centrers of left and right power. I knew that media would do anything to marginalize him. They have been doing it for a while. So, some of the reactions from this place would be from people influenced by MSNBC, FOX or CNN. I wrote about it, here's the post
How media MIStreat Yang

Old 08-10-2019, 04:11 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post

That's why [Yang] is ready to work for the underdog, no matter who that one is
- truck drivers - mostly white btw, rustbelt working class
- immigrants, all races
- minorities,
- people convicted for nonviolent crimes, related to marihuana,
etc. you get the picture
Immigrants and "minorities" aren't the underdog, though. They have tons of rights and privileges that whites and natives don't have. The shrinking white majority is the exploited underdog.

Old 08-10-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Immigrants and "minorities" aren't the underdog, though. They have tons of rights and privileges that whites and natives don't have. The shrinking white majority is the exploited underdog.
you seem to be missing something. In your society, as it is today, the only ones with privileges are the rich folks. Some super-rich and super influential are actually doing quite a good job of throwing you into this division frenzy where each group thinks that the other one is having privileges they themselves are deprived of. In the meantime, everybody is getting f*cked one way or another, except Trump and his class on the left and right.

You don't need to look further than Epstein case. Now think about how many guys in their twenties, no matter of their status or race, ended up with sex offender label for dating a 17 yo if her family didn't approve of the boyvfiend. Maybe even in prison, only to face unemployment and hurdles in finding a place to live later. And now think about what that guy did for freaking DECADES. And then got a punishment in a hotel masquerading as a prison. You think he had a problem with accommodation when he served a sentence. He had an entire island to relax on and continue with his usual activities, that would put everyone of the rest of you in jail for life. Now that is PRIVILEGE, my man.

Another example, and this one is tremedous You hear Trump bickering about illegals. Yet not a word about greedy employers who want cheap labor and are ready to break law to keep more money. Why is that? Because he is one of them. He employed illegal Poles on Trump tower. And they seem not to be only ones . That is privilege. He is above law, just like Epstein in the example above. Everybody else is - again - f*cked. The poor illegal who works for next to nothing. The poor working American whose price of work has gone down the toilet bc competition created by Trump's class who finds one billion dollars not enough, but wants to make another freaking second.

Last edited by switchtoecig; 08-10-2019 at 05:05 PM..

Old 08-10-2019, 05:10 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
you seem to be missing something. In your society, as it is today, the only ones with privileges are the rich folks. Some super-rich and super influential are actually doing quite a good job of throwing you into this division frenzy where each group thinks that the other one is having privileges they themselves are deprived of. In the meantime, everybody is getting f*cked one way or another, except Trump and his class on the left and right.

You don't need to look further than Epstein case. Now think about how many guys in their twenties, no matter of their status or race, ended up with sex offender label for dating a 17 yo if her family didn't approve of the boyvfiend. Maybe even in prison, only to face unemployment and hurdles in finding a place to live later. And now think about what that guy did for freaking DECADES. And then got a punishment in a hotel masquerading as a prison. You think he had a problem with accommodation when he served a sentence. He had an entire island to relax on and continue with his usual activities, that would put everyone of the rest of you in jail for life. Now that is PRIVILEGE, my man.

Another example, and this one is tremedous You hear Trump bickering about illegals. Yet not a word about greedy employers who want cheap labor and are ready to break law to keep more money. Why is that? Because he is one of them. He employed illegal Poles on Trump tower. And they seem not to be only ones . That is privilege. He is above law, just like Epstein in the example above. Everybody else is - again - f*cked. The poor illegal who works for next to nothing. The poor working American whose price of work has gone down the toilet bc competition created by Trump's class who finds one billion dollars not enough, but wants to make another freaking second.
What you say might have a lot of truth, but what sensible white person or any decent American for that matter is going to vote for Democrats who continue to scape goat and label white Americans and vow to keep open borders and not enforce immigration law?

Old 08-10-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
What you say might have a lot of truth, but what sensible white person or any decent American for that matter is going to vote for Democrats who continue to scape goat and label white Americans and vow to keep open borders and not enforce immigration law?
This is precisely what I am talking about. Yang is NOT for open border. He is actually for control of it in accordance with the law and for implementation of highest tech in border protection and immigration control. He is also for the path to citizenship for present illegals, that is 18 years long- heck after that time or in the meantime, some of them may even want to return to their country of origin. So they will have a path to citizenship that will require all that time, plus compliance with law. Also, during those 18 yrs, they won't be getting Freedom dividend ie UBI.

On the other hand, he doesn't approve hysterical scapegoating of people who are desperate. And then forcibly separating their little kids from them.

Also, Yang is probably the only Democrat who actually explained why Whites in rustbelt voted for Trump in such numbers. He didn't label them racist, deplorable or anything, like those other idiots on the left normally do. Instead, he went and talked to whole groups of them - like truck drivers - , got familiar with their problems, showed compassion and is proposing solutions.

Good Lord, if you don't want this guy, I'll come and take him with me.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:27 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
This is precisely what I am talking about. Yang is NOT for open border. He is actually for control of it in accordance with the law and for implementation of highest tech in border protection and immigration control. He is also for the path to citizenship for present illegals, that is 18 years long- heck after that time or in the meantime, some of them may even want to return to their country of origin. So they will have a path to citizenship that will require all that time, plus compliance with law.

Also, Yang is probably the only Democrat who actually explained why Whites in rustbelt voted for Trump in such number. He didn't label them racist or anything. Instead, he went and talked to whole groups of them - like truck drivers - , got familiar with their problems, showed compassion and is proposing solutions.

Good Lord, if you don't want this guy, I'll come and take him with me.
Conservatives don't want the bolded, been there done that.

All I know is republicans are even too weak on immigration. So there's no way you're going to convince me a Democrat and an Asian one at that is going to want to reduce it, or do anything in favor of white Americans. Trump was the most hardline president on immigration we've had in many decades and he hasn't been able to do much.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:37 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You don't say who is stating this, but I can only assume it's liberal morons.

Tulsi Gabbard doesn't toe the typical Democratic party line. I like her. The liberals I know love Harris. I suppose since Gabbard went after Harris during the last debate, that must make her a Trump supporter in their brilliant minds.
Who are the top liberal and conservative morons currently in office besides Trump, in your opinion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies