U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 03:19 AM

7,399 posts, read 3,811,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i agree with you that columbine was the last straw, but the issue has been building for decades. we started by taking god out of the schools, then we started taking god out of our lives, then we cheapened human life starting with roe v wade, making more violent movies and video games, and making parents scared to punish their children for fear of losing them to the state.

parents cant seem to say no to their children anymore, as no you cant have that toy, no you can play with guns, no you cant take illegal drugs, no you can torment those animals, no you cant stay our all night with your hoodlum friends, no you cant have a cell phone, etc.

i think a lot of people are missing the point of the second amendment. i think too many people think that us second amendment supporters are just being selfish because we want to protect our gun rights over trying to protect others, but the reality is that we want to hold onto all our rights, in order to protect others. and in order to hold onto all our rights, we must hold onto the second amendment, because that amendment puts the teeth into the rest of the constitution

when the government fears the people, there is freedom, when the people fear the government there is oppression.
The Constitution took god out of schools and that same Constitution put guns in the schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:33 AM

7,973 posts, read 6,722,206 times
[quote=Mister 7;55913020]You’re free to say whatever you like but you have no clue about the USA.

Tell me your solution to destroy/disable 500 million guns?

Nobody is ever going to tell me I can’t have a gun in my house.

And us being a “god awful place to live”, take that sanctimonious rhetoric and stuff it.

The UK is a rainy, cold, tiny island the size of one of our states. Insane taxes and government control. That sounds like pure hell to me personally. Your food is terrible too and have you ever heard of ice in water?[/quote]

Yes well done, why don't you just respond with a load of stereotypical bollox , that's really going to save lives.

Old Today, 03:34 AM

7,973 posts, read 6,722,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Happy to live in a nation where I can choose not to carry, or choose to carry, a firearm.

Its a personal choice, just as it should be, for the law-abiding, sane amongst us.
So 30'000 lives simply 'don't matter', yes very 'sane'!

Old Today, 03:36 AM

19,170 posts, read 7,483,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I was carrying when I took my 13-year-old back so scholl shopping Saturday.

I usually carry when I go such places with family.

It's nice to know I can defend them in the highly unlikely event...
I am glad you have that right.

Old Today, 08:14 AM

19,164 posts, read 9,747,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The Constitution took god out of schools and that same Constitution put guns in the schools.
So? Did the constitution tell anybody to shoot up schools?

Old Today, 08:42 AM

9,974 posts, read 4,689,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Good, schools are no place to teach fairy tales.

Old Today, 08:45 AM

30,053 posts, read 16,600,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
First, he was not on a suicide watch.

Second, defending gun rights by using an alleged sex offender who was currently in jail awaiting trial seems a bit unusual.
Well not my problem that you missed the larger point, and that point being govt security cant keep people safe in its own prisons much less the man on the street.
People should be free to take whatever measures they feel are neccesary to provide for their own.

Old Today, 08:50 AM

10,463 posts, read 6,361,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Nirvana; a country where everyone walks around carrying 2 lbs of inert metal because they're all afraid of …… each other!

\Moronic/

Not quite as moronic as being afraid of said 2 lbs of inert metal.

Old Today, 08:52 AM

10,463 posts, read 6,361,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Great place to live isn't it? Kids can catch a bullet walking down the street. God bless Murika!!!

Actually one is more likely to be killed due to a car accident, or medical malpractice. Being shot is way down the list, unless you live in one of the war zones across the country in our inner cities.

Old Today, 08:54 AM

7,113 posts, read 2,580,981 times
It really seems like those who are condemning others for choosing to keep and bear arms are doing so because they want America to go back to some mythical time of peace, understanding and brotherhood, where nothing bad happened and the wicked semiautomatic rifle had not lowered us all into the 5th ring of Hell. There is a palpable anger over some lost innocence that anew set of laws can reclaim.

But....the bad people doing bad things predates the semiautomatic rifle by a few millennia, the semiautomatic rifle has been around since long before random bad people used them to fire into large collections of defenseless people, and the laws governing/restricting/banning these weapons have been around in even more historically relaxed forms for over 80 years.

Point being...there was no idyllic time of innocence in America. Ever. Maybe the day or two after some major victory in some major, nation changing war, like the day after Cornwallis gave up his sword, or the day after Armistice Day in 1918, or maybe the day after VE-VJ Day in 1945, but beyond that, not so much with peace, love and tranquility in this or any other nation.

There seems to be some rosy colored lens through which the anti-2A folks view the past, because they think prior to Trump, or Bush maybe (never can tell which Republican is currently responsible for all ills that befall us), that there was no crime, no murder, no bad people, nothing, and if only we could rid of ourselves of something that made its way into the US Constitution over 200 years ago and has been unchanged since, well then we'd bring that pastoral, Rockwellian America into the present and live happily ever after.

In the end, all of the emotional rhetoric, the volume of shrieking and the wistful campfire tales about days of yore leave out that in our nation's past and present, this new evil that they seek to exorcise is responsible for a percentage of crime so low that EVERY law enforcement agency in America labels it "statistically insignificant." The reason it is insignificant is not some dismissal of the victims as meaningless, but an acceptance of just how much other crime occurs in the US daily and yearly and has for decades and even centuries. There is no idyllic time in America where we all got along. Bad people have been among us since Cain slew Abel. And even without these "unprecedented, high capacity, military only weapons of war!!!11!1!", the other 99.999% of crime that happens in the US will keep on happening.

So what all the anti-2A people are hoping to achieve with their bans, regulations, controls, etc is impossible. They seek a return to that which has never existed, and think they can do so by "preventing" something that accounts for less than a hundredth of a percent of the violence in this nation on any periodic measure.

The only way to achieve this, btw, is by punishing the innocent with the removal of their natural individual rights. So let us not only fail to achieve anything remotely resembling a solution, let's do it for a purely absurd goal, and by employing the worst, most immoral and illogical means!

Only with a collective can the thinking be this retarded. No individual in their own life thinks in terms this absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or