U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:43 AM

23,676 posts, read 12,485,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Truly. And I know within myself that I am far better able to do so than the cops. I my entire life, much of that spent in training and competition with firearms and other means of defense, I have met two LE types who were even close to the level of our best shooters.

Outside of SWAT and sometimes that is questionable, most cops do not train and practice to a level of true proficiency. Something the leftist gun grabbers do not want coming to light since reliance on the police for armed protection is one of their pitches.

We have "highly trained" police watching out for us. This is a total lie. But a lot of folks are willing to by off on that. After all LE is assumed to be the best. They are not. With all due respect to the good cops out there it's just a fact. One that is little known outside of certain circles, but still a fact.
THIS and add to that the growing interest in everyone being armed as some sort of way to protect us all from mass shootings.

Can you imagine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:47 AM

32,620 posts, read 26,580,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Many responsible gun owners don't fear or oppose background checks, training requirements, licensing, and denying firearms to the mentally unstable as well as felons who used guns to commit crimes. But I suppose you pretty strongly feel that buying a gun should be just as easy buying a knife at a store.

i dont oppose background checks, nor do i oppose training for those that want to carry concealed. licensing on the other hand is the beginning of a gun registry, and that is illegal, federal law does not allow for registering firearms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The Constitution took god out of schools and that same Constitution put guns in the schools.

uhm no it didnt, read the first amendment again. it starts off with

Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

it was the anti religious zealots in 1960 that used thomas jeffersons(?) words against religion. there is no separation of church and state in the constitution EXCEPT that of congress establishing a state religion or preventing those of what ever faith from practicing their religion.

as for it putting guns in the schools, again not true. what got guns in the schools was the stupid gun free zone laws put in place. thus the students became targets instead.

Old Today, 11:13 AM

14,418 posts, read 11,735,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
THIS and add to that the growing interest in everyone being armed as some sort of way to protect us all from mass shootings.

Can you imagine?

I can imagine it. But as I have gone well on record as believing qualification for concealed carry is the one thing I am willing to move on. No more shake n bake 8 hour courses where putting 3 rounds out of seven in the paper at 7 yards is good enough.

Ya gotta do way better than that and do so under stress. This is how it is in the course I help instruct. Our trainees have to work under stress and maintain control of themselves and their weapons. Or no joy. Our graduates have been expose to a lot more than police academy training standards. In the classroom and on the range.

And that is just in the 3 day 24 hour class. Granted our courses cost a bit more than Tactical Tim's "academy" of shooting but what's the lives of your loved ones, your own and those around you worth if you have to use your weapon?

Something ANYONE considering carrying a weapon for defensive purposes would do well to think about.

Old Today, 04:04 PM

19,162 posts, read 9,747,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Anyone who is afraid to leave their home without a gun has mental issues as well. Paranoia is a recognized symptom of mental disease.
Is a gun problem in US?

If it is, why arenít you armed?

Old Today, 05:04 PM

36,059 posts, read 10,704,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-carry-permits

And, from what I hear from 5 local gun stores, sales are skyrocketing for women

The Democrats' worst nightmare lol.

Old Today, 05:06 PM

23,676 posts, read 12,485,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-carry-permits

And, from what I hear from 5 local gun stores, sales are skyrocketing for women
Every woman I know that has a gun -- it was bought by her husband.

And a guy who has more guns than he needs would buy his little woman a gun in case when she's in the Walmart she needs it.

Problem is -- she never puts it in her purse -- lol.

Old Today, 05:12 PM

9,973 posts, read 4,689,694 times
Quote:

And a guy who has more guns than he needs would buy his little woman a gun in case when she's in the Walmart she needs it.

My wife bought me one for my birthday a couple years ago and one for herself. And my sister bought her own.

Old Today, 05:16 PM

34,544 posts, read 18,750,996 times
Quote:

How do you know, really....that's the reason for concealed.....

Old Today, 05:19 PM

7,177 posts, read 7,848,957 times
Quote:

Women shouldn't carry their gun in a purse. The purse is easy to take, which means the perpetrator now has the gun.

Old Today, 05:24 PM

9,020 posts, read 2,564,797 times
Quote:

Every woman that I know who owns a gun picked it out herself because she wanted one. It may come as a surprise to many on the left but target shooting isn't a gender specific sport. It's true that more men are into shooting than women, but that can be said about many sports. Karate, Boxing, weight lifting, etc.

I have never concealed carried as a daily routine. I have a permit for the days I go to a range other than my own..

My wife loves to shoot more than I do. She doesn't carry a gun either. Her's is a 1911 chambered 45acp.

Now here is another secret the left seems to be ignorant of. Women should have their own gun if they feel that they need it for self defense. They need to have a gun that they feel comfortable with. It's a very personal choice. Guns like wives, you never learn to love it. You either do from the start or it isn't the right one for you.

Thats why I never buy guns on line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or