U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 05:25 PM

36,058 posts, read 10,704,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Every woman I know that has a gun -- it was bought by her husband.

And a guy who has more guns than he needs would buy his little woman a gun in case when she's in the Walmart she needs it.

Problem is -- she never puts it in her purse -- lol.

LMAO Why does this NOT surprise me?

Not that I believe for a minute that there are so many gun owners in your orbit, but if you knew anything about guns (gun-grabbers always like to tell us how many guns we "need), and frequented shooting ranges, you'd see plenty of women who purchased guns independently, and know how to use them.

You do have my sympathy, though, that all you know are "little women" who are married. Apparently, our orbit is a lot more 21st-century than yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:26 PM

14,418 posts, read 11,735,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
You are absolutely correct on this. And those are the people I do not want carrying a firearm around. Carrying a firearm for protection is an extremely serious responsibility , one that has no exception for tough guy , machismo attitudes. In fact, it does quite the opposite, it should make one do everything they can to not get themselves into a heated situation, or if they are in one, to try and de-escalate it.

I'm sure you know that , being a gun owner and all.

Well, I certainly do know that. Because as an armed citizen it is obligatory for me to try and de escalate a confrontation where lethal force is not needed. I don't even know how many situations where my lady was the target of lewd comments, my manliness was brought into question, my Mother was insulted, or having been the target of all manner of other disparaging commentary I have eaten s***, tucked tail, and bowed my head in.

There is no, absolutely zero, "machismo tough guy attitude" involved in carrying a firearm for defensive use. Quite the opposite as you said. When dingbat, douchebag, commentary at your lady is involved you get it from both sides. The douchebag making the comments and your lady wanting to know how you could fail so miserably to defend her honor and slink away like a whipped dog.

But unless lewd comments and insults to your manhood escalates despite all efforts to the contrary into physical assault that's the way it is. Even then using your firearm might not be an option. So a less than lethal means of defense is a good thing to have on hand. Since I do have a bad leg I find a cane to be a good option.

If some yam yank decides to take his stupid comments directed at my lady into trying to get handsy I can and will beat him like a rented mule. But unless it is quite literally life or death I won't go near my firearm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or