U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM

18,424 posts, read 10,476,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I have owned a gun since 1956. If you have used guns so much, why do you fear them? Just another tool.
I believe I just old you I didn't fear guns.

I agree they're just another tool but with a very specific purpose of inflicting physical harm. How many framers do you know carry their 16 oz. hammer around with them? Lumberjacks haul their chain saws into the library with them?

You have now created the psychological need to carry them only because so many others are carrying them. It's gotten out of hand and as is already evident, will end badly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:58 PM

19,146 posts, read 9,743,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Iím sorry, it is fear. How many other countries walk around with guns because they are in fear of their lives. And please donít compare this to being prepared for storms because one has nothing to do with the other.
Why arenít you armed?

Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM

20,716 posts, read 8,905,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Why arenít you armed?
Why would I want a gun. I want to live a peaceful life. I donít want to live in fear where I felt I needed to carry a gun. Thatís just not life for me. And this shouldnít be for our country.

Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM

5,169 posts, read 2,270,033 times
Quote:
I have owned a gun since 1956. If you have used guns so much, why do you fear them? Just another tool.
I don't fear guns. its some of the idiots that carry them...ÖÖ...especially the self proclaimed RambosÖ..

Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM

23,637 posts, read 12,477,750 times
Quote:
So many folks using tools they aren't trained to use....

Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM

27,839 posts, read 17,802,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
When we all are forced to arm ourselves to the teeth and face down every childcare dropoff, grocery trip, and public venue like an apocalyptic battle to the death, and generally live our lives in a prison-like lockdown 24/7 to increase chances of survival...

...then will all the conservatives collectively orgasm and finally proclaim that we have entered into the enlightened Age of Nirvana. Tears of joy will be cried by many a city-data poster and NRA shill.

So it is written in the obsessive gun proliferator's hymnal. Amen.
Perhaps someday you'll be "woke" to the fact that we sadly have a society with far too many members that don't value human life, that will place their wants above your life, your property, your safety. The person that wants to will rape, kill, or steal because they CAN. It is up to you, and no one else, to wake up, accept the responsibility of an adult, and take responsibility for the safety of yourself and your family. Or not. Hopefully you don't become one of the many, many victims of violent crime in this nation. And while left-wing nuts focus on guns or "mass shootings"-far more lives are lost in violence that are not "mass" events but individual attacks. Far too many involve no guns, or even weapons of any crime. Most rape victims are not assaulted by those with guns.

Old Today, 02:09 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,731,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Your idea is to disarm the citizens and yet allow the police to keep guns? Yeah, because that’s been a winning strategy throughout history.

Don't know where you got the post you quoted here went it it seems to be gone. At any rate here we go again aye? Depend on the cops. Yea, that always works. Besides my opinion is if the cops are armed we can be armed. Equally to the cops. But now the cops have full auto M4s in the hands of regular patrol officers, heavy weapons up to 50 BMG, armored vehicles, grenade launchers, and high capacity side arms in calibers ranging from 9mm to 45 ACP.

And they are only (maybe) on the streets we live on for 8 hours a day. And they need to be armed like that? And this poster you responded to wants to take ALL my weapons? Sheesh if the cops need to be armed like that I don't see me having a semi auto AR a single stack 1911 and a 5 shot shotgun as a problem. Seems I'm quite undergunned.

And so modern firearms tech was not around at the time of the revolution. And that poster thinks that if the founders could have gotten a glimpse into the future they would have left out the 2A. LOL, alrighty then. That is so silly a premise I don't think I need comment further

And lastly he would shred the Constitution and start over leaving out the right to keep and bear arms. Except for a police force that is bristling with firepower an a new breed of criminal unafraid of armed citizens. I do believe home invasions of an extremely brutal nature would be rampant. Yes, armed criminals will run amok. But hey man, lets get with the times shall we...hmmm?

Old Today, 02:14 AM

7,394 posts, read 3,809,821 times
Quote:
Anyone who is that afraid has mental health issues. I hope you don't have a gun.
Anyone who is afraid to leave their home without a gun has mental issues as well. Paranoia is a recognized symptom of mental disease.

Old Today, 04:08 AM

4,984 posts, read 2,231,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Your idea is to disarm the citizens and yet allow the police to keep guns? Yeah, because thatís been a winning strategy throughout history.
What is this this unreasonable fear of not being able to match police with fire power?

Old Today, 04:22 AM

43,671 posts, read 52,978,900 times
Great.
Now I gotta worry about petrified morons wandering with guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or