U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM

9,939 posts, read 4,689,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
So we aren't talking about confiscating everyone's guns anymore I take it.
Just some of the Democrats as usual. Biden, Pelosi. etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM

7,169 posts, read 7,848,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
So we aren't talking about confiscating everyone's guns anymore I take it.
There was never talk about confiscating everybody's guns. Only the guns of the law-abiding. Under the Democrat plan, criminals get to keep theirs.

Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM

9,583 posts, read 6,360,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
good girl with a gun.

Several women's gun groups out there. One is The well armed woman:

https://thewellarmedwoman.com/twaw-i...e-camaraderie/

Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM

9,939 posts, read 4,689,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
There was never talk about confiscating everybody's guns. Only the guns of the law-abiding. Under the Democrat plan, criminals get to keep theirs.
Love this.

Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,603,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Great place to live isn't it? Kids can catch a bullet walking down the street. God bless Murika!!!
In USrael we trusty!

Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Criminals needs occupations too. How else they gonna do they lootin' and shootin'?

Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM

30,001 posts, read 15,657,686 times
I was carrying when I took my 13-year-old back so scholl shopping Saturday.

I usually carry when I go such places with family.

It's nice to know I can defend them in the highly unlikely event...

Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Again, for the umpteenth time, if the availability of firearms were the problem our ancestors would have died before they reproduced.

In 1985, 44% of US households had firearms. There were 2 incidents that could be called mass shootings. One was a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic who opened fire at a shopping mall. The other was a bunch of teenagers who disrupted a football game in Detroit and fired a shotgun into the crowd, injuring 7.

In 2014, 31% of US households had firearms. There were 8 reported mass shootings, including Fort Hood.

The availability of firearms has jack to do with mass shootings. A simple bit of research comparing the ownership of firearms with mass shooting incidents shows this.

Would you like to know when mass shootings started to become so ubiquitous? I can tell you. It started after the enactment of the Safe Schools Act that informed everyone where the soft targets were. In the 20 years following the SSA, the frequency of mass shootings nearly tripled in comparison to the 20 years prior. Numbers don’t lie.

They didn't do fake shootings back in the 1980's. I am pretty sure Columbine in 1999 was authentic also. After that the water starts to get murky!

Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM

10,978 posts, read 2,835,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
They didn't do fake shootings back in the 1980's. I am pretty sure Columbine in 1999 was authentic also. After that the water starts to get murky!
I agree, the Columbine shooting happened as it was reported, the shooters lives were depicted accurately as well

Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM

7,169 posts, read 7,848,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
I have a firm theory that Columbine was the incident that broke America. It was when parents became so overprotective that they killed off childhood. Kids canít be kids anymore, because every single fun thing to do as a kid has been banned for being too dangerous. Try to find a playground with an old school merry-go-round. Or a gym class that has the kids playing dodgeball. Thereís another thread here about a kid getting hit in the face playing dodgeball at school and the mother claiming it was racist. I was less surprised by the racism claim than I was by the fact that they were playing dodgeball at school. Kids started being bubble wrapped and psychoanalyzed in the 90s, but the 2000s took it to new heights.

Columbine made people afraid of their own children. They didnít understand the kids at Columbine, and that made them realize they didnít understand their own children. Anything unique about their kid was subject to treatment, to the point that being on psychotropic drugs was no longer considered abnormal. As tragic as every mass shooting is, and school shootings even more so, I have a harder time being angrier at the shooter in school shootings than I am at the parents. The ones who took normal or maybe even slightly messed up kids and turned them into psychotics that shot up defenseless children and turned that piece of crap loose on the world. Make no mistake, the parents are to blame in most of these shootings. Someone in their 30s doing something like this has their own cross to bear, but a teenager or someone in their early 20s? The cretins have barely learned to operate a motor vehicle, have in most cases never driven a manual transmission, if they were lucky have had one serious romantic relationship, and still believe that theyíre invincible. Teenagers in general think they know everything, and an 18-20 year old boy is the biggest know it all there is. Theyíre children playing at being adults, and while yes they are whatever your definition of evil equates to, the parents made them this way. Real life hasnít even started to affect them yet.

Thereís a thought. Letís gather the stats on every school shooter, figure out how they were raised, and ban that. Because whatever the parents of school shooters did, it was definitely wrong in the end.

Then again, I could follow this chain farther and blame the doctors that prescribed mind altering drugs to children, or the tv show hosts who had authors of idiotic parenting guides on their shows, or even those authors that told parents that they should be friends with their children. (Want a friend? Get one your own age. If theyíre too young for you to date them, youíre too old to be friends with them). Truth is, nobody knows what causes mass shootings. However, itís time to admit that none of the anti gun ideas have worked. Itís past time that we put the focus elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or