U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 06:51 PM

13,346 posts, read 4,075,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Sorry but I'm not the one who gets triggered over hearing Spanish in America.
Nothing wrong with being "triggered" by a constant deluge of illegal aliens speaking Spanish very unpleasantly and very loudly. They don't have the decency or respect to lower their loud voices or learn English, but that's no surprise as they don't respect our border or laws either.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:57 PM

49,075 posts, read 46,002,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Nothing wrong with being "triggered" by a constant deluge of illegal aliens speaking Spanish very unpleasantly and very loudly. They don't have the decency or respect to lower their loud voices or learn English, but that's no surprise as they don't respect our border or laws either.
One thing. The woman in question is a U.S. citizen. Puerto Rico is a U.S. Territory, therefore, Puerto Ricans are citizens. And she was likely speaking to a family member living in Puerto Rico. If you have a problem with her speaking to her family back in Puerto Rico in Spanish, too bad. I'll say this too. She's the one serving this country. If you aren't serving this country, you have no room to talk.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
One thing. The woman in question is a U.S. citizen. Puerto Rico is a U.S. Territory, therefore, Puerto Ricans are citizens. And she was likely speaking to a family member living in Puerto Rico. If you have a problem with her speaking to her family back in Puerto Rico in Spanish, too bad. I'll say this too. She's the one serving this country. If you aren't serving this country, you have no room to talk.
I wasn't referring to the woman in this thread. I was referring to the many thousands of Hispanics, mestizos mostly illegals in my city that have all shown up in more recent years and who make so much unpleasant racket in Spanish, at the market, at the park, where ever.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:10 PM

49,075 posts, read 46,002,352 times
Quote:
I wasn't referring to the woman in this thread. I was referring to the many thousands of Hispanics, mestizos mostly illegals in my city that have all shown up in more recent years and who make so much unpleasant racket in Spanish, at the market, at the park, where ever.
Then what does illegal aliens have to do with the subject of this thread? We're talking about how a U.S. serviceman was treated for speaking Spanish while in uniform, not illegals.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:40 PM
Status: "Proud American, Always and Forever" (set 29 days ago)

12,854 posts, read 6,607,449 times
Quote:
It sounds like loud people are your real problem. What does them speaking Spanish have to do with it?

Old 08-11-2019, 08:57 PM

3,639 posts, read 1,010,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
That’s the point. Most people don’t get triggered by Spanish speakers. Chances are the busybody isn’t even a Trump supporter. It happened at Starbucks. How many conservatives do you know that frequent Starbucks and purchase bad overpriced coffee? I know quite a few actual Trump supporters, and Starbucks is the last place they’re going for coffee.
My California relatives are Trump supporters and they do indeed go to Starbucks. It was a daily habit for one of my cousins. Starbucks are all over here in Utah, even.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
It sounds like loud people are your real problem. What does them speaking Spanish have to do with it?
The real problem isn't one thing, its a combination of things, foreign and often illegal, too many, too loud, they don't learn or speak English, the foreign language is unintelligible, it's spoken very loudly with an off putting cadence and dialect.

Just shortly ago I was at a suburban park really out in the country. To have any peace, I had to get 100s of feet away and behind forested area to not hear a rowdy group's Spanish or another rowdy group of young, grown men muslims and speaking some middle eastern language.

I have been going to and paying for that park for many years and for many years never seen or heard a foreign person, and now at times I might as well be the foreigner there. It's just beyond ridiculous.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:07 PM

7,745 posts, read 2,759,379 times
Quote:
The real problem isn't one thing, its a combination of things, foreign and often illegal, too many, too loud, they don't learn or speak English, the foreign language is unintelligible, it's spoken very loudly with an off putting cadence and dialect.

Just shortly ago I was at a suburban park really out in the country. To have any peace, I had to get 100s of feet and through forest area to not hear a rowdy group's Spanish or another rowdy group of young, grown men muslims and speaking some middle eastern language.

I have been going to and paying for that park for many years and for many years never seen or heard a foreign person, and now at times I might as well be the foreigner there. It's just beyond ridiculous.
Maybe they are from Louisianna. That Cajun accent is hard to understand.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Maybe they are from Louisianna. That Cajun accent is hard to understand.
The closest and only people near my solitude spot was a white couple with 2 little children a nuclear family and not the humongous gang the Hispanics and middle easterners were. I thought I heard them talking in an Eastern European language but it was so faint I couldn't really tell. Go figure.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:26 PM

8,012 posts, read 12,465,683 times
The person who made those comments was out of line. Part of freedom of speech is that people have a right to speak a foreign language. NOw yes, speaking Spanish makes you appear less American, but people most definitely have the right to speak the language of their country even when they come here.

I don't have a problem with people speaking a foreign language here. BUT I DO find it concerning that so many immigrants refuse to learn our language and insist that we speak a foreign language in our own country to cater to them. This refusal to learn English is especially widespread among Mexican and other Latin American immigrants. There's also more of a trend where even the children of immigrants are given Spanish first names instead of American first names and many still follow the naming conventinos of their country with two last names, etc vs do it the American way with a first name and a last name and maybe ONE middle name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or