U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know a white supremist
Yes i know a real white supremist 58 25.66%
No 153 67.70%
Every white male is a white supremist so yes for that reason. 15 6.64%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 11:18 AM

16,835 posts, read 14,293,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I am curious if anyone actually knows a white supremist?
I have had several students who were white supremacists as evidenced by their expressed opinions but if asked specifically “are you a white supremacist” they would deny it. Meanwhile one boys parents thought it was a phase.

I have “met” far more white supremacists in this forum though most of them prefer the term white nationalist tho.

Old 08-11-2019, 11:27 AM

2,054 posts, read 421,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I have had several students who were white supremacists as evidenced by their expressed opinions but if asked specifically “are you a white supremacist” they would deny it. Meanwhile one boys parents thought it was a phase.

I have “met” far more white supremacists in this forum though most of them prefer the term white nationalist tho.
It isn't a day on C-D without extreme left wingers calling other people "racist" or "white supremacist."

Old 08-11-2019, 11:27 AM

19,286 posts, read 9,846,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Then why is it that the GOP`s base is getting the bulk of the help?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...curity/516861/
Are you suggesting that Democrats don’t support Affirmative Action, a white supremacy law?

Old 08-11-2019, 11:30 AM

16,896 posts, read 4,434,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Just gonna let this sit here. ^^^^

And interesting that the poll only has white males as racist and that so far two people have actually voted for that option. So glad that I'm a white woman and cannot be racist or a white supremacist........................I'm special. Apparently all white women are special..............
Hey, remember Southern Honor! We White guys are racist to PROTECT YOU.....

Well, that's the historical angle or excuse anyway.

Most of it actually had to do with economics and competition for jobs. Poor people are happier when they feel their boot is on the neck of someone even worse off.

Southern Women in the Anti-Lynching Campaign, DBQ: Document 1

"To palliate this record (which grows worse as the Afro-American becomes intelligent) and excuse some of the most heinous crimes that ever stained the history of a country, the South is shielding itself behind the plausible screen of defending the honor of its women."

This has always been a rallying cry for the most fervent of racists and bigots. That's why my post asked about it in the sense of "what would someone feel if their daughter married into a different race?"......and if people asked themselves that question, they may be able to measure their level of "supremacy".

Of course, some of that is cultural. A Hindu anyway will often have to only consider Indian women (or men, in the opposite scenario) because many marriages are partially arranged AND it's an incredibly important part of the religion, class society, etc.

Being, tho, as Black and Brown folks are largely "Christian", American White Nationalist can't use that example.

Old 08-11-2019, 11:37 AM

7,022 posts, read 3,876,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
If you know any upper middle class Democrats you at least know some racists. A genteel form of racism that substitutes wrong people for ****** but racist nonetheless.
People should ask themselves before they hit the submit button if their post really contributes to the discussion or simply is a chance to express their own biases or poke someone in the eye in a divisive manner. Sometimes the delete option is best but rarely used in an anonymous forum. The topic is about whether you personally know a White Supremacist.

Old 08-11-2019, 11:38 AM

16,896 posts, read 4,434,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post

This forum is mentioned at various places on the internet being friendly to the "nationalist" POV. Others, probably nationalists, call it the opposite!

I've been debating politics online since 1986 (Compuserve) and I don't think I've ever been in a forum where as many such "nationalists" seem emboldened to create 100's of threads. It's one thing to debate a POV, quite another when you come here some days and the entire page is full of threads that one glances at...and then leaves.

Whether it's the lack of moderation or the slant of it is a question for the ages. Of course CD has a perfect right to make their pages look however they want (I get quite a few of my posts and threads removed....and I don't curse, threaten, etc. at all).

Old 08-11-2019, 11:55 AM

19,270 posts, read 9,346,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
What's the Antifa/BLM violence you've seen in San Diego? Or are you talking out your backside?
San Diego is not a "major city". You want backsides? I should have known.

Old 08-11-2019, 12:09 PM

4,995 posts, read 1,324,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I am curious if anyone actually knows a white supremist?
Depends on the definition of "white supremacist" you are using. Also depends on what you mean by "know." If people think Trump is a white supremacist then how can anyone be honest about what one truly is? Have I been in the presence of white supremacists? Absolutely. They are nothing like DT or others the left is deeming white supremacists. I have also been in the presence of non-white people who are just as racist and disgusting. Any one of any of those groups would slit my throat or beat/rape me as well.

Old 08-11-2019, 01:31 PM

30,914 posts, read 33,841,261 times
I know people that many on the left would label "white supremacist", probably myself included, but no I really don't think so. I did meet a couple once about 40 years ago who were probably as close as I ever got, but I didn't talk to them enough to learn their ideologies.

Old 08-11-2019, 01:36 PM

7,334 posts, read 2,622,389 times
I don’t personally know posters on this forum so no, I personally don’t know any white supremacists.

The web is as close as I would choose to get to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies