U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know a white supremist
Yes i know a real white supremist 58 25.66%
No 153 67.70%
Every white male is a white supremist so yes for that reason. 15 6.64%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 09:01 PM

6,892 posts, read 6,659,580 times

Advertisements

"White supremacist" is such a hokey/boogyman phrase that is meant to trigger people and rile them up, sort of like "conspiracy theorist" or "anti-semitic" or "black lives matter" or other equally nonsensical buzz-phrases meant to do the same thing and push an agenda a right-thinking person shouldn't want any part of.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:06 PM

7,803 posts, read 2,782,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
"White supremacist" is such a hokey/boogyman phrase that is meant to trigger people and rile them up, sort of like "conspiracy theorist" or "anti-semitic" or "black lives matter" or other equally nonsensical buzz-phrases meant to do the same thing and push an agenda a right-thinking person shouldn't want any part of.
Or MS-13. Or Islamic terrorist. Statistically on par. Correct?

Old 08-11-2019, 09:35 PM

13,734 posts, read 4,135,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossify View Post
True separatists do not want ethnic diversity around, period, despite whether or not others share a common culture, common industry, are in the same economic bracket, etc. Whites are not the only group that have seperatists, and it seems just as common (if not more) in many non-western cultures. The vast majority of homeowners, however, are NIMBYs -regardless of race- as few people really (if being honest) want an "affordable housing" project plopped right in the middle of their neighborhood, nor does an engineer, who spent almost all his 20s in the books, want to rub shoulders with a cholo gangster wannabe or a loud "ghetto" person. The vast majority of middle class people are either NIMBYs now, or will be in the future once their neighborhoods are destroyed by crime, annoying people and extremily foreign/hostile cultures, so whites are not special in this regard.
What you say is of course true. But the thing is this being America white people even still young today had this lack of diversity almost every where. This being made a foreigner in your own country was very recently imposed upon us. Then the left has the gall to make up an insult label for anyone suggesting that this policy wasn't a good idea or done with good intentions or wanted in the first place and should be addressed.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:40 PM

8,052 posts, read 12,489,918 times
People confuse racism with cultural preference or "cultural intolerance". So someone complains about black kids listening to ghetto music or saying that Mexicans who come here should assimilate into American culture or that the Islamic culture is degenerate.....the core of that argument actually is that if this person adopts regular mainstream American culture then they would be just like the rest of us. That is NOT racism.

A racist like a Klansman or Nazi believes that a black or Mexican person is inherently inferior to a white person and nothing will make them equal at all.

Now I live in a very non-PC environment and MANY people around me complain about the thug lifestyle, the ghetto, illegal aliens not speaking English, etc etc but these people all believe that if these ghetto people and Mexicans would adopt regular AMerican culture they would be successful and normal just like the rest of us.

So no, I don't know anyone who believe white people are inherently superior, but yes I would say the many people I know believe that American and Southern culture are superior to other cultures and philosophies. And America IS exceptional so we can't say this belief is false. I also believe that we should NOT be more like the rest of the world and it will be better for our country if immigrants adopt our culture vs force theirs onto us.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:51 PM

20,289 posts, read 19,272,044 times
No. I've never known a white supremacist, to the best of my knowledge. People do tend to segregate themselves by social class and there can be neighborhoods with doctors and the doctors can be any color but they are all of the same social class.

There could be a neighborhood with a lot of teachers and they could be of different races but they all get along because they have much more in common than race. People might hang out together due to coming from the same ethnic group or even the same race but it's because they probably have more in common. Where I live the majority is Italian-American and they do hang out together but that's not racist or white supremacist. They probably wouldn't want me because I have no Italian blood and I'm no good at cooking their kind of food and I'm just not part of their culture. But that's okay. I hang out with my relatives because we share common experiences and a common culture but that's not racist or white supremacist either.

This is just another label being thrown around for some reason. Just like calling everyone racist simply because they disagree with you. Hey--I did know a white supremacist! Many years ago in Germany, a former Nazi and aide to Hitler. He liked my (bleached) blonde hair and I was like his pet. A very nice old man, but to stop and think--what must have been in his warped mind and the things he must have said and done. So, yes, I did know one. A real Nazi who was a white supremacist. Long ago. So take it for what it's worth. It's worth nothing and I cannot print the words that would truly describe such a person.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:03 PM

20,658 posts, read 12,377,831 times
Personally. Maybe. But lived in their area yes! North Fl, PA, Tampa, and TX.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:06 PM

9,339 posts, read 2,650,240 times
I have never met a true white Supremacist. Your average racist? Yes many. I think most keep their heads down. They don't get the free pass like AOC or Omar. LOL if they have a job working for a respectable company they can be fired for racist rhetoric. That say a lot about congress because the racists there get a free pass.

Some will discuss white flight and chalk that up to white separatists. I would argue that no one lives in a dangerous neighborhood by choice and will move while the moving is good. Preferably before the property values tank. Middle class blacks do the same thing and for the same reason. It's smart.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:37 PM

13,734 posts, read 4,135,647 times
Honestly, the whole question is stupid and un-American to begin with. Thinking one's group is "superior" is largely a value judgment and somewhat subjective to begin with. If any person does think so they're are either right or they are wrong, not really provable or falsifiable, but no moral value judgment of them can be assumed. And it's really no one's business to tell them what is right to think.

This country actually was founded on the principle of allowing free thought and consciousness. So if anything, there should be no place in America for wrong-think and attacking a mere thought or consciousness as forbidden and wrong.

And the danger in wrong-think is we see with the left is accusing wrong-think of their opponents or when others advocate for a policy change.

I personally don't care if anyone regardless of their race is a racial supremacist. From observing various people, I would assume most on some level are.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:38 PM

15,639 posts, read 13,566,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Every white person who doesn't go along with Leftist talking points or who questions the establishment is now labeled a "white supremacist."
As usual people on here want to make themselves spokesmen for the leftists.

How do actual leftists define white supremacist?

Old 08-12-2019, 03:55 AM

3,470 posts, read 1,684,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I wouldn't want to be around people who hate me either. Sadly, I've found myself in situations where I've had to work with them or be in classes with them. Some people are very passive-aggressive with their hate. Others are up front and in your face with it.
Yes. I have found myself in those situations. I have dealt with it in different ways, some more successfully than others. If it was a loner with no friends, that was an easier situation to deal with. If it was part of a group, leaving was almost always the better situation and that can mean changing departments in a company.

I was hated for my skin color, because I translated for my Spanish speaking grandmother, because I was pretty, because I tried to be white, because I was a traitor and dated white males, etc. Anyone can hate and can find any reason to hate. I have always made it through life feeling like I had both hands tied behind my back and always saw it as a challenge to break through.

But I am not going to be in denial. I do think black people have it harder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies