U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know a white supremist
Yes i know a real white supremist 58 25.66%
No 153 67.70%
Every white male is a white supremist so yes for that reason. 15 6.64%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 04:40 AM

30,841 posts, read 20,357,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Every white person who doesn't go along with Leftist talking points or who questions the establishment is now labeled a "white supremacist."
Yes, and as always, self-loathing, apologetic white males will still be tolerated, but just barely.

Remember white males, head down at all times and no looking anyone in the eyes!

Old 08-12-2019, 05:16 AM

10,395 posts, read 8,264,005 times
Yep. 2. Note not some Klan member stereotypes living in a trailer.

Fat old white guy. Employed. Slightly wealthy. Loves racist jokes. Complains about minorities all the time. The one Trump supporter I know that loves the boorishness of Trump. Intelligent. Successful.

Fat old white guy. UNemployed. Blonde Aryan German. Loves racist jokes. Complains about minorities all the time getting welfare but is "on disability". Stereotypes minorities. Dumb as a stump. Poor.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:16 AM

16,835 posts, read 14,293,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It isn't a day on C-D without extreme left wingers calling other people "racist" or "white supremacist."
Are you saying you haven’t seen white supremacists on CD?

Old 08-12-2019, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
If it were true that the Japanese are going to "die out", how would bringing in immigrants do anything but encourage the process and make sure they're outnumbered by non-Japanese before they "die out"?
He was referring to Japanese as a nationality, not a race. Those of us who don’t use race to define a persons nationality, know that the children of the immigrants, regardless of whatever country their parents were from would be Japanese having grown up in that culture/nation.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:28 AM

7,760 posts, read 3,175,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Every white person who doesn't go along with Leftist talking points or who questions the establishment is now labeled a "white supremacist."
Can someone be a white supremacist AND a racist? Or are there varieties of each? Just wondering.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Maybe the best life possible is to live harmoniously and proudly among your people, not a bunch of incompatible foreigners who dislike people like you and change your culture within your life time. And to die knowing your posterity will live on the same way.
^ and that is how you get to what ever race nationalism

Btw, white person here. While I may racially be “your people” I have literally nothing in common with people like you except that and I am just as much and American as you are. You don’t get to decide for me that being around a bunch of people like you is “harmonious” nor do you get to change or constitution to support that idea.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossify View Post
T The vast majority of middle class people are either NIMBYs now, or will be in the future once their neighborhoods are destroyed by crime, annoying people and extremily foreign/hostile cultures, so whites are not special in this regard.
My neighbor on one side is a Hispanic immigrant and his family who bought the cheapest most run down house in the neighborhood. The one on the other side is a former police officer and his family. The Hispanic man, Angel, is the best neighbor I have ever had. He took a house that was almost an eye sore and restored it, he asks before trimming trees that over hang, he replaced slats in the fence we share that were just starting to get weathered, and when it snowed last winter and I went over to our elderly neighbor a few doors down to shovel her driveway, his son and his friends had done it for free while they were hustling trying to make a few bucks doing people’s drive ways. Meanwhile my other neighbor has a very aggressive bully breed who has broken my fence twice (and when I asked him to pay for it he told me he was a cop half a dozen times), has gotten plastic confetti all over my yard (and never even apologized) during s gender reveal for his newest baby, and his oldest kids are constantly setting off fireworks after midnight.

Please give me more people like my foreign born neighbor.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
People confuse racism with cultural preference or "cultural intolerance". So someone complains about black kids listening to ghetto music or saying that Mexicans who come here should assimilate into American culture or that the Islamic culture is degenerate.....the core of that argument actually is that if this person adopts regular mainstream American culture then they would be just like the rest of us. That is NOT racism.

A racist like a Klansman or Nazi believes that a black or Mexican person is inherently inferior to a white person and nothing will make them equal at all.

Now I live in a very non-PC environment and MANY people around me complain about the thug lifestyle, the ghetto, illegal aliens not speaking English, etc etc but these people all believe that if these ghetto people and Mexicans would adopt regular AMerican culture they would be successful and normal just like the rest of us.

So no, I don't know anyone who believe white people are inherently superior, but yes I would say the many people I know believe that American and Southern culture are superior to other cultures and philosophies. And America IS exceptional so we can't say this belief is false. I also believe that we should NOT be more like the rest of the world and it will be better for our country if immigrants adopt our culture vs force theirs onto us.
You re trying to define “American culture” as white culture. It isn’t. So called “ghetto” music is mainstream American music, go look at billboard top singles. Pop music is R&b and rap and “ghetto”. So yes, stop project your preferences as “American” they are not any more American than hat “ghetto” music.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:55 AM

1,273 posts, read 385,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
No, but I've known many "white separatists". The Not In My Neighborhood types who don't dislike minorities/foreigners and aren't racist per se, but don't necessarily want low income minorities or third world illegal immigrants living next door or in their neighborhoods in public or Section 8 housing, bringing down property values. Or they just don't like the "cultural diversity".
They're entitled to their preferences.
No they are not entitled to their preferences, and yes they are prejudiced. You elitists don't have the slightest clue as to what you're talking about. Guess what? It's not up to you to decide where subsidized housing is built, and they don't go into "neighborhoods" because hospitals, shopping and schools have to be close by, so they usually wind up building or allocating in the city proper.
You need to start learning how to get along in the world. The population is growing and growing, and people of all walks of life deserve respect. Your attitude of entitlement makes me barf.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:04 AM

16,880 posts, read 4,434,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Wow. As a Roman Catholic priest, your uncle is suppose to be teaching people how to love other people. As someone who converted to the Roman Catholic faith, being a bigot is one of the worst things a person can be. A priest is suppose to be an example of how other people should behave. This shouldn't surprise me. With the scandals of ministers and priests doing nefarious things, this shouldn't be a surprise.
As with many things, these situations are often the opposite of what they seem.....this holds true for much of society. The people held up to the highest esteem are often inferior to the regular Joe and Jane that spends their time caring for their family or others.

If you want someone to look up to, find a dedicated nurse, hospice worker of some of the doctors that are not egomaniacs.

But if you look at the list of the folks that are supposed to be good......and suss them out.

Priests
Coaches
Politicians/Leaders
Higher Ranked Military (Flynn, Petraus, etc.)
and so on......you often come up short.

I know one Priest (Jesuit) who is the real deal. Even then I cannot promise or vouch for his chastity...but I also know many (more) regular people who spend most of every waking moment helping their families and others.

One has to be very sick to be like the Police dude mentioned above...or, maybe they never grew up and are playing the vandal games we grew out of when we were 12?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies