U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know a white supremist
Yes i know a real white supremist 58 25.66%
No 153 67.70%
Every white male is a white supremist so yes for that reason. 15 6.64%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 11:12 AM

9,714 posts, read 4,413,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Regardless if I put that there or not.....that has been the fear since the racial oppression of blacks has started......that eventually if blacks get the chance they are going to try to return the favor. This is why so many people in America want to be armed......fear of the black PAYBACK....lol

Lets assume for a moment that you are correct regarding white fear of a James Brown payback.
In all seriousness, wouldn't it have been logical that whites would have sent blacks back to Africa or a place of their choosing outside America?
If they knew race wars would plague the nation some in power probably would have tried to do so.
Instead the moral whites (which made up the majority) followed the constitutional protections afford every citizen demanded they remain if they so chose to.

As to gun ownership, that has benefited blacks as much if not more when they needed to protect their families from the rabidly racist Democrats in white robes. The Republicans fought along with the NRA to insure blacks had the legal right to own firearms for their protection.

`

Old 08-12-2019, 11:14 AM

2,729 posts, read 915,628 times
Tough question. I do personally know several racists. I wouldn't call them white supremacists, because I usually associate that term with KKK or skinheads. But when you get down to it, is there a difference? If a person thinks that blacks are all lazy, or criminals, or not trustworthy, isn't that just saying that whites are superior? I had a neighbor tell me he moved from his old neighborhood because it was getting "too ghetto". That was his way of saying too many blacks were moving in. I consider that racist. If asked, I'm sure he wouldn't say that whites are superior to blacks, but if not then why did move?

Old 08-12-2019, 11:25 AM

2,729 posts, read 915,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
White supremacist, no.

Do I know white folks who believe white people should be the majority in this country? Absolutely. I think majority of the white people I know believe this way, and you know what? I understand why they feel this way and I don't have a problem with this kind of thinking. They treat me well and they treat everybody well, why should I view them as a problem?
This is just weird. People that think whites SHOULD be the majority in this country, and you don't consider that white supremacy? What other reason would they have for thinking that?

Old 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM

9,714 posts, read 4,413,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Tough question. I do personally know several racists. I wouldn't call them white supremacists, because I usually associate that term with KKK or skinheads. But when you get down to it, is there a difference? If a person thinks that blacks are all lazy, or criminals, or not trustworthy, isn't that just saying that whites are superior? I had a neighbor tell me he moved from his old neighborhood because it was getting "too ghetto". That was his way of saying too many blacks were moving in. I consider that racist. If asked, I'm sure he wouldn't say that whites are superior to blacks, but if not then why did move?
Yes, there is a big difference.

It sounds to me like you are mixing up prejudice with racism. Blacks in a middle class neighborhood might also object to "ghetto blacks" moving nearby, but it does not make them racists against fellow blacks.
Whites can object to hillbillies moving nearby as well, but it is not racism against fellow whites.
While people from those groups might rightly be feared to bring the property values, objecting to them does not fit the traditional definition of the term.
Who wants loud rap playing into the night or having a bunch of broken down cars/appliances in the front yard.
On average you can bet that a white family would prefer middle class blacks to move in vs. white hillbillies, and a black family would prefer middle class whites to move in than blacks from the ghetto.

`

Old 08-12-2019, 11:35 AM

13,694 posts, read 4,145,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
This is just weird. People that think whites SHOULD be the majority in this country, and you don't consider that white supremacy? What other reason would they have for thinking that?
So basically every country on earth is a supremacist country? I don't know of too many countries that don't have and maintain a racial/ethnic majority. Your idea is just weird.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:36 AM

49,232 posts, read 46,101,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
As with many things, these situations are often the opposite of what they seem.....this holds true for much of society. The people held up to the highest esteem are often inferior to the regular Joe and Jane that spends their time caring for their family or others.

If you want someone to look up to, find a dedicated nurse, hospice worker of some of the doctors that are not egomaniacs.

But if you look at the list of the folks that are supposed to be good......and suss them out.

Priests
Coaches
Politicians/Leaders
Higher Ranked Military (Flynn, Petraus, etc.)
and so on......you often come up short.

I know one Priest (Jesuit) who is the real deal. Even then I cannot promise or vouch for his chastity...but I also know many (more) regular people who spend most of every waking moment helping their families and others.

One has to be very sick to be like the Police dude mentioned above...or, maybe they never grew up and are playing the vandal games we grew out of when we were 12?
There is corruption everywhere. It doesn't means that we should have to tolerate it from anyone.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:44 AM

49,232 posts, read 46,101,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
My ex wife is a major White supremacy type and was raised that way. This didn't come out right away in our relationship and it wasn't until my son was born that it really came to light. At this point she figured she had me roped and snubbed off so there was no point hiding any more. And when I met her people after this time had passéd I saw in stark relief where it all came from.

I stuck it out in the marriage but it was me who really raised my son. I was his primary influence. And I made sure he was not pulled into my ex and her family's sphere. When I ended the marriage it got ugly. I could have BBQd her in court but I wasn't going to put my son through that. I didn't want the whole town knowing just what a repugnant human being his Mother is which would have tarred him with the same brush so I let her "win" as far as material things went.

She got all the stuff, and the debt that went with it and my son and I were free. It was worth it. I also learned my lesson very well as to how these type of people hide their true selves. I can spot this type of person a mile away in a crowd. So can my son.

We stay out of the radical race driven stuff with everyone we choose to allow around us, no matter what skin tone is involved. We fight way shy of that crap and they learn to fight shy of us. We have come to be of the opinion that the more humans we come to know the more we appreciate our horses. And dogs and cats and even the wild critters we interact with.

Their honesty and lack of judgementalism is ...refreshing. To say the least.
Wow. Stuff like this is the kind of stuff that makes me afraid to get married. This is one reason to be careful who one marries.

I tend to not interact with animals much. I have no pets.

White supremacist isn't limited to being in the KKK or Neo-Nazi groups. One has to listen to how people think, and how they view the world. I think about the individuals who made it know, to my face, that they thought less of me as a Black man. White supremacy is a mindset. The groups that form are the result of it.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:45 AM

24,192 posts, read 12,689,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
White supremacist, no.

Do I know white folks who believe white people should be the majority in this country? Absolutely. I think majority of the white people I know believe this way, and you know what? I understand why they feel this way and I don't have a problem with this kind of thinking. They treat me well and they treat everybody well, why should I view them as a problem?
This is mildly disturbing.

'them' -- you mean people who prefer white people over others.

I guess as long as you know your place you are okay.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:46 AM

10,328 posts, read 7,019,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Lets assume for a moment that you are correct regarding white fear of a James Brown payback.
In all seriousness, wouldn't it have been logical that whites would have sent blacks back to Africa or a place of their choosing outside America?
If they knew race wars would plague the nation some in power probably would have tried to do so.
Instead the moral whites (which made up the majority) followed the constitutional protections afford every citizen demanded they remain if they so chose to.

As to gun ownership, that has benefited blacks as much if not more when they needed to protect their families from the rabidly racist Democrats in white robes. The Republicans fought along with the NRA to insure blacks had the legal right to own firearms for their protection.

`

No....because they still needed the black labor force. They embarked upon the era of mass incarceration (for prison labor and chain gangs) and intimidation (violence...lynchings, etc) to keep blacks in check for 100 years after emancipation. By the time the 60's came.....they had no way of sending blacks back to Africa as blacks knew nothing about Africa...Then the era of black militancy came....with groups like the Black Panthers....and some start arming with guns.....which really scared the slit out of white America.....that is when drugs starting raining on the black communities.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:48 AM

34,185 posts, read 42,767,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Yes, there is a big difference.

It sounds to me like you are mixing up prejudice with racism. Blacks in a middle class neighborhood might also object to "ghetto blacks" moving nearby, but it does not make them racists against fellow blacks.
……...

`
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...?noredirect=on

You were saying?

As an aside, that development was built on the very best goose hunting field I ever was on here on the Western Shore. The geese poured in like they were on a string.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies