U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do you know a white supremist
Yes i know a real white supremist 58 25.66%
No 153 67.70%
Every white male is a white supremist so yes for that reason. 15 6.64%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-13-2019, 07:41 AM
 
Location: Somewhere below Mason/Dixon
6,748 posts, read 7,667,571 times
Reputation: 11274

Advertisements

7.14 percent of those in this thread are true moon bats, they actually believe all white makes are white nationalists. I guess I better go start starching my bedsheets and cutting holes in my pillowcases

 
Old 08-13-2019, 07:51 AM
 
458 posts, read 71,347 times
Reputation: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Please give us a link to any example of this denigration of whites.

I am white, and have never felt denigrated because of my race. I recognize that there is such a thing as White Privilege. No, I don't hate myself, and I don't hate whites in general. I don't feel responsible for racial injustice. I just feel fortunate and recognize that I have had it easier because of my skin color.
How brave of you to recognize white privilege. Do you recognize black privilege? That you can go to the same school, get the same grades, and do the same things as a black kid and he will get into better colleges than you and more scholarships simply based on his race?

This extends to many fortune 500 companies hiring policies.

Why do you need examples of denigration of whites? It happens all the time, and you know it. I grew up in Detroit. Black people are constantly denigrating whites from many of the radio stations to some of the ex mayors. Yet it's these same blacks who want to move to our neighborhoods and not the otherway around until this modern hipster movement.

We leave - racist. We move in and make the place better - racist.
 
Old 08-13-2019, 07:53 AM
 
1,007 posts, read 544,054 times
Reputation: 903
I knew 1-2 when I was a kid, One went to a baptist church and shaved his head regulary too.. They are out there but not common.. I also had a supervisor at a job not that long ago (he was terrible too) who was a member of the Fred Phelps church for a while..
 
Old 08-13-2019, 07:58 AM
 
Location: North Beach, MD on the Chesapeake
34,344 posts, read 43,079,248 times
Reputation: 43967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Do you know any Black murderer? Welfare Queens? Illegal immigrants?
1) as I taught most of my career in a majority Black high school in a majority Black school system several would be the answer.
2) if by that you mean families who are multi generational welfare recipients the answer would again be several.
3) I can look out my front door right now and see at least one. I taught several during my career, mostly Chinese.
 
Old 08-13-2019, 09:04 AM
 
49,644 posts, read 46,389,172 times
Reputation: 15709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Do you know any Black murderer? Welfare Queens? Illegal immigrants?
In my case, not likely. Not that I know of. I don't know anyone personally who currently on welfare. If I do, I'm not aware of it. I don't ask who is on welfare. I have seen several White females with food stamp cards. I don't know any Black murderers. One of my relatives became a Black murder victim, likely at the hands of another Black person. I know a White murderer, as I went to school with him. An old friend of mine became a White murder victim, at the hands of her White ex-boyfriend.

I met a person who came to the U.S. illegally. I was at her college graduation (Look up Jessica Colotl). Outside of that, if I've been around illegals, I likely didn't know it. I don't ask anyone's immigration status.
 
Old 08-13-2019, 09:12 AM
 
49,644 posts, read 46,389,172 times
Reputation: 15709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
You are wrong. I'm from the Midwest, not usually considered a hotbed of racism.

I had a neighbor tell me he moved out of his old neighborhood because too many blacks were moving in.
I had a relative tell me he won't go to a certain part of the city because it gets "pretty dark down there" (wink wink)
A friend's father said to me of Barack Obama "I can't believe that f***ing n***er is our President."
Another acquaintance referred to Arabs as "towel heads" and "sand n***ers"

Are you telling me that none of the above are actually racist? That I have just been brainwashed to think so?
I live in the South (in Georgia). Some of the things I've experienced.

I was told "go pick my cotton you 'n' word" by another student.
A few kids said "I'm going to hang you by my rope".
I've been called the "N" word to my face several times. One of the persons who did this to me was a childhood friend. To say the least, I didn't speak to her for a while.
I was told "go back to Africa" a few times.
I've been called "porch monkey".
Two guys drove past me in a truck and gave a Nazi salute.

I know there is racism and white supremacy because there have been people who have lashed out at me. Based on things I've experienced, racism still exists.
 
Old 08-13-2019, 09:30 AM
 
2,946 posts, read 2,832,227 times
Reputation: 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Is your premise that if "I" don't know one then they do not exist? I think it is great that there is some self reflection going on here. I get that it is sarcastic but it is better than being oblivious. Mind you, I am not talking necessarily about you b/c I do not know your white supremacy or lack thereof. I do know what I read and this site is quite clearly made up of White supremacists and their admirers. Anyway, glad they are at least thinking about it even if they cannot claim it.
I know they exist. But I believe at a far smaller level than they are made out as. As this poll shows most do not know one. But yet they are made out to be so so powerful by the media and left. Its the classic divide and conquer method of governance. To do this you need a powerful bogey man that can motivate everyone else to vote the way they want. The white male is being portrayed as a racist and any white male who is crazy and does crazy things is portrayed as a conservative racist because they are portraying all white males as conservatives.
 
Old 08-13-2019, 09:37 AM
 
1,447 posts, read 265,753 times
Reputation: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I live in the South (in Georgia). Some of the things I've experienced.

I was told "go pick my cotton you 'n' word" by another student.
A few kids said "I'm going to hang you by my rope".
I've been called the "N" word to my face several times. One of the persons who did this to me was a childhood friend. To say the least, I didn't speak to her for a while.
I was told "go back to Africa" a few times.
I've been called "porch monkey".
Two guys drove past me in a truck and gave a Nazi salute.

I know there is racism and white supremacy because there have been people who have lashed out at me. Based on things I've experienced, racism still exists.

That sums up the Black experience in America if you grow up anywhere outside the inner city. This was my experience in several cities and states, a military brat that moved a lot.

It was culture shock because I was born outside the country due to my father taking any overseas tour he could (wanted to travel). So when I finally wen to school in Flag Staff AZ. I got a rude awakening as to what American was really like. Before that time it was just stories in text books and documentaries. Didn't change regardless of where we moved, its endemic to the culture of America.
 
Old 08-13-2019, 09:46 AM
 
Location: NW Nevada
14,533 posts, read 11,898,952 times
Reputation: 13536
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Wow, if over 40 people here know a true-blue WS, imagine how many there must be?

Let alone all the "unidentified" monsters still hanging in mom's basement (like the El Paso shooter).....

These days it's just a matter of when the next Right Wing Extremist decides to "save their race".

Well, I do know some actual honest to God card carrying White supremacists. This is a situation that was forced on me and not a choice. These people are from or currently still reside in an area with a tradition of this ideology. I was drug into this mess by my ex wife. What she truly is and her background in this did not come out until my son was born and she figured she had me looped and tossed.


She's a vicious b**** and her family who she wanted me to adopt as my own and forsake my own family are also a vicious lot. Many will say that I should have just took my son and left, which in hindsight I probably should have done. But that's not how things went and it's water under the bridge now. Lamenting that I didn't doesn't do any good at this point. But it was me who raised my son.


He was stuck to me from the time he could walk and follow me. His mother did cut me off from my family and friends for a time, which is a classic tactic for narcissistic control freaks and phsycological abusers. But what that served to do is make me more involved with my son. When he was old enough to understand I explained what his mother and her family were all about.


And they didn't infect him. They tried to recruit me into the group they belonged to and I had to listen to some wild stuff. When I did make the split when my son was grown I let her have all the material stuff which was all that mattered to her. A court battle would have been nasty and let the whole town know what an ugly person she is and seen my son tarred as well. He would not have had a chance there. Small towns are funny that way.


What I saw of her family and how things are in their AO is pretty scary. But they are rather ...contained. As bad as they are they are not really a domestic terror threat. These modern racist groups don't operate in any organized way. It has been lone young men looking for something to belong to that do the dirty work. The internet is a dangerous tool. You don't have to look hard to find both right and left wing violent extremism.


It's a boiler with a low water overfiring condition out there now. As things are I see that peaking. These two ideologies are going to butt heads. With all the rest of us caught in the middle trying to figure out who to point our guns at first.
 
Old 08-13-2019, 10:57 AM
 
13,685 posts, read 4,221,890 times
Reputation: 4094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Please give us a link to any example of this denigration of whites.

I am white, and have never felt denigrated because of my race. I recognize that there is such a thing as White Privilege. No, I don't hate myself, and I don't hate whites in general. I don't feel responsible for racial injustice. I just feel fortunate and recognize that I have had it easier because of my skin color.
Just go to about any news site since most are leftist, Yahoo, HuffPost etc, or reference most any Democrat politician's rhetoric and you'll see it. Your post claiming there is white privilege is denigration. If someone said there was black, brown, yellow or Jewish privilege you would deny it and claim it is denigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top