U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know a white supremist
Yes i know a real white supremist 58 25.66%
No 153 67.70%
Every white male is a white supremist so yes for that reason. 15 6.64%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 04:40 PM

5,042 posts, read 2,302,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
Why would anyone want to do that? I doubt that even the most fervent KKK'er wants to be the boss of a bunch of darker hued people, it would be way too much work.
The point is that the idea of being governed by a person of color is an abomination to a white supremacist.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:41 PM

650 posts, read 154,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
The point is that the idea of being governed by a person of color is an abomination to a white supremacist.
But that's not the definition.

To quote a certain Mr. Dumpty:

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.”

Old 08-13-2019, 04:42 PM

2,325 posts, read 714,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
They're still Europeans and you're not. Is that the problem you have? I think so.
LOL....I'm Assyrian, my heritage is rich and very ancient. I wouldn't trade it in for any other.

Now back to my question...

What cultural similarities do Russians have with the Spanish? How about the the Greeks with the Finnish?

You are making a claim, so back it up with evidence.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:42 PM

12,240 posts, read 17,042,291 times
Quote:
In every example you give they have more in common with each other than non-Europeans which they have less in common. But were not talking about Europe. We are talking about Americans of European descent. You are example of what I'm talking about. You are in America and are not of European descent and have a very obvious bias against those that are.

What is "white American" culture?

I ask as someone who is in America, am 100% of European decent ranging from those who immigrated to the American colonies in 1638 to those who immigrated in the first quarter of the 20th century, and doesn't have a bias against others like me. I just don't see a cohesive "white" culture.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
In every example you give they have more in common with each other than non-Europeans which they have less in common.
Do they? You think a Russian has more in common with someone from Spain then they do with someone from Kazakhstan?

You think an Orthodox Greek has more in common with someone from England then another Orthodox person from Armenia?

Old 08-13-2019, 04:46 PM

650 posts, read 154,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
LOL....I'm Assyrian, my heritage is rich and very ancient. I wouldn't trade it in for any other.

Now back to my question...

What cultural similarities do Russians have with the Spanish? How about the the Greeks with the Finnish?

You are making a claim, so back it up with evidence.
My theory is that there are people who view the sociological world map as something you'd see in a game of Risk.

There are a handful of continents or semi-continents (Europe, Asia, NA, SA, Africa, Australia, Asia) and four kinds of people based on a simple color (yellow, black, white, red) and that they can be talked about in that fashion. I guess if you roll enough 6's, they get to move to the next territory over.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:48 PM

4,507 posts, read 5,699,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
You are entitled to your opinion, but Affirmative Action absolutely is institutionalized discrimination. In fact any quota based hiring system is. The same goes for any system that spots individuals points on hiring exams or promotion exams, based upon race or gender. To deny this fact is to be intellectually dishonest.

Racism or discrimination is wrong no matter who does it. It quite simply is impossible to justify 1 form of discrimination without justifying all.

I grew up in an all white town as well. I have no idea what that has to do with knowing a white supremacist, unless you are insinuating that all white towns are white supremacist towns.
There is no question that trying to level the playing field is very thorny. It is difficult, when the general culture condones disadvantaging some races, to make the system more fair for those who are hurt by the system. Certainly, it has not always been done well. But I do not believe we could have come as far as we have without it.

My comment about the town I grew up in and my father-in-law are two separate statements. He did not even live in the same state. Having an all white town back in the 50s and 60s was not unusual, and it would be foolish to insinuate that their whiteness meant that they were filled with white supremacists. Please take my two separate entries as...two separate entries.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:48 PM

5,042 posts, read 2,302,243 times
Quote:
But that's not the definition.

To quote a certain Mr. Dumpty:

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.”
Wikipedia is your ultimate source?

https://www.adl.org/resources/glossa...hite-supremacy

White supremacy is a term used to characterize various belief systems central to which are one or more of the following key tenets: 1) whites should have dominance over people of other backgrounds, especially where they may co-exist; 2) whites should live by themselves in a whites-only society; 3) white people have their own "culture" that is superior to other cultures; 4) white people are genetically superior to other people.

As a full-fledged ideology, white supremacy is far more encompassing than simple racism or bigotry. Most white supremacists today further believe that the white race is in danger of extinction due to a rising “flood” of non-whites, who are controlled and manipulated by Jews, and that imminent action is need to “save” the white race.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
My theory is that there are people who view the sociological world map as something you'd see in a game of Risk.

There are a handful of continents or semi-continents (Europe, Asia, NA, SA, Africa, Australia, Asia) and four kinds of people based on a simple color (yellow, black, white, red) and that they can be talked about in that fashion. I guess if you roll enough 6's, they get to move to the next territory over.
Yup, the post-Cold War notions of Clash of Civilizations helps feed into this nonsense. Its a fundamentally flawed view of the world since it doesn't take into account how complex and nuanced the world actually is.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:50 PM

13,685 posts, read 4,220,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
American Black as a construct holds up because of slave heritage. I.E. most people from slave heritage can't identify which countries their family came from the way that I can and there is a distinct cultural identity around that. It's also a different identity than someone who is Haitian or Nigerian with more recent immigration history.

My ethnic background is white - Ashkenazi Jewish, Puritan English, and Scandinavian. What similarities, commonalities, and affinity for each other do we have other than the way I offer sunscreen to similarly hued strangers at baseball games?
My heritage in America is so long ago it would be impossible to identify what countries in Europe it came from as no one alive remembers and its so long ago the records can't be found if they exist. You search the records as far back as you can and all your ancestors were born in America. Only through DNA testing you find your ancestry is British Isle.

This is much of white America or just Americans. And these are the people leftist and people who are not from their origins have so much obvious enmity towards. Granted not every white American's ancestry is old stock and mostly British, but the majority of white Americans are "birds of a feather" that the left constantly groups together and opposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies