Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know a white supremist
Yes i know a real white supremist 58 25.66%
No 153 67.70%
Every white male is a white supremist so yes for that reason. 15 6.64%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 12:37 PM

652 posts, read 340,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I am a licensed broker and have come across sellers who made it clear they do not want to show or sell their home to Fill in the Blank people. It becomes an opportunity to educate regarding federal and state law. Some got it and some did not and we parted ways.

Lastly, I am aware of a few people I casually knew who use social media/ their own name to communicate hatred. This began with the Trump era. Apparently it has encouraged some to feel more comfortable going public.

Most people I come across are not remotely into white supremacy.
Really? So Trump invented racial hatred? Wow. Umm, just wanted to check on something. Did you ever go to school? Ever study history? Ever try to think for yourself?

Just saying....

Old 08-13-2019, 12:41 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Being that there are lots of different types of people on earth and various peoples have been mixing and cohabiting on and off since time in memorial. I would say diversity is pretty natural. The other option is social division, which leads to much worse problems.
Uh huh then how is we have such distinct people who could even be considered diverse and to mix in the first place? Diversity is natural and not a bad thing, forcing it together is not.

Old 08-13-2019, 12:46 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
55 people know white supremacists. Suuuuure. C-D sure does have a lot of liars.

Old 08-13-2019, 12:49 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
It's an opinion, like it or not. And it doesn't make you a bad or good person, like it or not. Like all opinions it can be correct or misguided, but what counts is how you live your life, not the opinions one shares about something as abstract as the hierarchy of races.

What happened to you is years of social conditioning to hate white supremacists. This is actually dangerous in of it itself because if they can make you hate white supremacists, they can make you hate anyone they want. You may want to deeply reflect on how easily you're led by your nose.
Two paragraphs of philosophical babble to say you are OK with white supremacists. Thank goodness you and your ilk are not part of mainstream America.

Old 08-13-2019, 12:52 PM

45,386 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Too many or too few?

Old 08-13-2019, 01:05 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
Two paragraphs of philosophical babble to say you are OK with white supremacists. Thank goodness you and your ilk are not part of mainstream America.
I'm not okay with white supremacist types. I've dealt with them.

Old 08-13-2019, 01:11 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Seem like many posters think that having an opinion that whites are better is not white supremacy.

Old 08-13-2019, 01:28 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Seem like many posters think that having an opinion that whites are better is not white supremacy.
"Better" can mean a lot of things depending on context and doesn't imply superior or supreme. Put that standard definition of white supremacy up again.

As a white person born certainly at the time in a white country, I find it "better" to live in a white country ruled by whites. If anyone, white or not, doesn't like that I'd prefer it if you would just decide to go somewhere else. I didn't ask for or want your policy.

Old 08-13-2019, 01:34 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
"Better" can mean a lot of things depending on context and doesn't imply superior or supreme. Put that standard definition of white supremacy up again.

As a white person born certainly at the time in a white country, I find it "better" to live in a white country ruled by whites. If anyone, white or not, doesn't like that I'd prefer it if you would just decide to go somewhere else. I didn't ask for or want your policy.
This is what white supremacy looks like.

Old 08-13-2019, 01:35 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I am a licensed broker and have come across sellers who made it clear they do not want to show or sell their home to Fill in the Blank people. It becomes an opportunity to educate regarding federal and state law. Some got it and some did not and we parted ways.

Lastly, I am aware of a few people I casually knew who use social media/ their own name to communicate hatred. This began with the Trump era. Apparently it has encouraged some to feel more comfortable going public.

Most people I come across are not remotely into white supremacy.
I know a few people who are realtors. I sometimes wonder if they come across people who are like that. I've heard stories about real estate discrimination.

People using social media to communicate their hatred isn't just a Trump-era thing. I had to break ties with individuals who did this during the Obama administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies