Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know a white supremist
Yes i know a real white supremist 58 25.66%
No 153 67.70%
Every white male is a white supremist so yes for that reason. 15 6.64%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 09:52 AM

30,081 posts, read 18,907,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I am curious if anyone actually knows a white supremist?
The one millionth of 1% of Americans with these views occupy about 60% of the space in liberals heads....very psychotic.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:54 AM

732 posts, read 388,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
My best buddy is a white male never Trumper. He isn't a white supremacist. Not sure why the right wingers on CD have to be so intellectually dishonest
I don't think that it's typically 'right wingers' who think that all white people are racists.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:03 AM

12,268 posts, read 6,439,392 times
I`m friends with a white supremacist and we`ll be spending next weekend in Gettysburg together. He`s a retired (fortunately) school teacher and he doesn`t try to hide his views from me. Just one example of his mindset is this story.
He was visiting Charleston S.C. when Dylan Roof murdered 9 black people in a church and what was my friend`s thoughts about this incident? He came home grinning ear to ear because the local officials in Charleston said they didn`t want Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson coming to their city to protest. I tried to explain that there was nothing to protest because the shooter was in jail but he wouldn`t have any of that argument because they "go everywhere" to protest he said. I asked him where they went other than Ferguson Mo. to protest and he didn`t have an answer. They flipped the field for a mass murderer and in the mind of my idiot friend the bad guys were Sharpton and Jackson, not Roof. Somehow we get along great on these Gettysburg excursions but it may be because of the beer and the weed that we tolerate each other.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:06 AM

39,034 posts, read 27,456,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I know people who are privately racists, make racists jokes etc. Some of them are what you'd consider white people, and some you'd consider black. I don't consider either group to be inherently "racist" per say, just that they have more of a comfort level with those in their own race.

My redneck family most certainly had some "racism" in it due mostly to ignorance, but most of those viewpoints have changed over the years. Typically racism is equivalent to ignorance. You dislike what you don't know, and have no dealings with. It's a primal response to feel differently about something that looks different than you. That's why freak shows exist. Not because they are racists, but because we are shocked by something that is different than us.
I so agree with this!

Like I posted earlier in another thread, I think this country's political correctness bar has been set so high, and everything can be easily interpreted as "racism" today.

I don't want to insult anybody's intelligence here, but if you (the general term) don't know the difference between stereotype and racism, then you are incapable of carry on an adult conversation, period.

My own future brother-in-law is a military officer. This person has to be one of the most political correct person I have known. Even he has said something can be easily interpreted as racism. For example, "I believe he has a chip on his shoulder, maybe due to his heritage and his unique experience as a black person." lol come on, now..

My future sister-in-law (truth be told, I love her to death because she is an incredibly strong and great woman) made a child with a black man, made a child with a Vietnamese man, n either man was there for the children. She eventually married my future brother-in-law, and somehow, according to her, white men are still the worst. They are all racists in some ways. My future sister-in-law is a white woman by the way.

My sister used to marry to a white man. Her friends never had a problem with her. But since she is now married to a black man, all of sudden, there are a lot of problems. Her Asian friends think there must be something wrong with my sister; her white female friends haven't said anything offensive, but her white male friends have said, "If you go black, we don't want you back" in a joking kind of way; some black women have problems with her too. Talking about racism, oh my God! It certainly is not just a white people's issue.

I as a mixed girl never thought "race" and "skin color" is such a sensitive issue, especially on the internet. I found white men, back men, Hispanic men, Asian men, mixed men equally attractive. If you are a hot man, you are a hot man, period. If you cannot make racial jokes, if you cannot talk about race as a grown adult, you can never solve the "racism" problem. lol

Old 08-11-2019, 10:09 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,385,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
No. Don't know any Islamic terrorists either. Do you?
Yes, this.

If I get a hint that someone is a bad person, I distance myself...so I know some racist people, but I wouldn’t bother getting to know them well enough to know whether they go so far as to be white supremacists.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:15 AM

16,059 posts, read 10,648,447 times
White Supremacy or White Nationalism is a slippery slope and I think I know some who could slide into that category. I know racists and I know segregationists or ethnic/racial separatists and I know vocal anti-immigration people but none have acted out like joining the KKK or neo-Nazi groups or White militias. There is one or two that have gone into or flirted with a survivalist or prepper lifestyle. All of this seems to be racially motivated and increasingly political. The only action that these people have taken (that I know of) is to spread racial bigoted views and emails on the internet. All are Trumpers, uneducated, and, sadly, some are relatives. None are friends.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:26 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,273,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
I don't think that it's typically 'right wingers' who think that all white people are racists.
Right wingers have changed over the years. I'm a Romney McCain voter and the right is disgusting now

Old 08-11-2019, 10:28 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,476,322 times
I do not know any White Supremist, at least I don't think I do. I do know some bigots who also happen to be racist to the core.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:49 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,076,445 times
I think most people are racist in varying degrees, and I know several people who actually believe that the "white race" is better than all others.

Note: Does that in and of itself make someone evil? Not necessarily. But the poll is not about whether it's evil to have such beliefs.

Old 08-11-2019, 10:51 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,076,445 times
For those who care to know how the word is spelled, it's "supremacist," not "supremist."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies