Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know a white supremist
Yes i know a real white supremist 58 25.66%
No 153 67.70%
Every white male is a white supremist so yes for that reason. 15 6.64%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 06:53 AM

3,397 posts, read 3,434,529 times

Advertisements

I am curious if anyone actually knows a white supremist?

Old 08-11-2019, 06:56 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,554,461 times
Every white person who doesn't go along with Leftist talking points or who questions the establishment is now labeled a "white supremacist."

Old 08-11-2019, 06:57 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,464,740 times
No. Don't know any Islamic terrorists either. Do you?

Old 08-11-2019, 06:59 AM

7,971 posts, read 7,316,735 times
No, but I've known many "white separatists". The Not In My Neighborhood types who don't dislike minorities/foreigners and aren't racist per se, but don't necessarily want low income minorities or third world illegal immigrants living next door or in their neighborhoods in public or Section 8 housing, bringing down property values. Or they just don't like the "cultural diversity".
They're entitled to their preferences.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:05 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,694,110 times
I know lots of conservatives, lots of evangelicals, lots of white men. I’d say I know 1-2 actual white supremacists. One anti-everyone except for white Christians, and the other is married to a member of the KKK and attends some type of affiliated women’s meeting but says she’s “not racist.”

Are you disputing that white supremacists exist?

Old 08-11-2019, 07:05 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,262,694 times
I don’t know of any Baba Yaga’s. The left seem to think it’s the biggest single threat to our nation next to the climate hoax.

Just more fear mongering and lies from the left because they’re still bitter from 2016.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:06 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,694,110 times
Nvm, misread the post I was replying to.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:09 AM

3,397 posts, read 3,434,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I know lots of conservatives, lots of evangelicals, lots of white men. I’d say I know 1-2 actual white supremacists. One anti-everyone except for white Christians, and the other is married to a member of the KKK and attends some type of affiliated women’s meeting but says she’s “not racist.”

Are you disputing that white supremacists exist?
Not at all. Just that they are rare and not around every corner like the media makes them out to be.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:12 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,715,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
No, but I've known many "white separatists". The Not In My Neighborhood types who don't dislike minorities/foreigners and aren't racist per se, but don't necessarily want low income minorities or third world illegal immigrants living next door or in their neighborhoods in public or Section 8 housing, bringing down property values. Or they just don't like the "cultural diversity".
They're entitled to their preferences.
Clearly such people are not white separatists.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:14 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,596,631 times
Tough definition. Do they attend regular meetings?
No.
Do I know a number of people who think they are far superior to other "races".

Certainly. Heck, I know Jewish people who think they are so superior to Whites that it would likely fit the definition......

I know wealthy people who, even tho they married into it, think they somehow are superior.

I guess it's a human tendency....because some of these people are decent folks (some are not).

Oh, most of them are quite highly educated or at least cultured and well read. I suppose if they same people had been born 40 miles outside of Altoona, they might use more crude methods (or language) to express their views.

I guess one indication....maybe of the definition...are people who are obsessed about it. If I use that as a measurement then there is only one who is.

I think if we used the "do I want my daughter to marry a Black guy or a Guatemalan" measure, we'd come up differently, right? Or not....well, you can find accurate polls on that stuff which will be a better same than here.

I'm have racist tendencies myself (I think most people do - it's tribal) .....but I think the real difference is that my racism is somewhat informed and I know that "there for the grace of god go I". I'm reading about the Westies (Irish Gang in NY) and their violence and criminality....along with the crooked Italians who end up running things, is legendary. Should I hate the poor Irish and Italians (I am 1/2 Italian and was raised by an Irish woman)?

Put another way, maybe I am "racist" because I know some of them that fit the profiles. But on a personal level each of them is measured by their actions, words and POV.

I think that means I'm normal.

As far as the current racism and bigotry against those of "brown" skin, that one surely has me scratching my head because often when I meet, see or otherwise deal with people from S. of the Border I tend to think they are (at the core) superior to most Americans I meet. That's gotta hurt the ignorant lazy sitting somewhere gulping oxy. or meth. Those are probably the folks that do attend meetings.

But think even about the poll. Firstly, all White Supremecists are not going to call themselves so. Secondly, let's say that just 1 in 100 was a "real" one...spent time on the "right" sites and had lots of guns...and wasn't a hunter (of animals) or sportsperson.

That would be "only" 3.2 MILLION White Supremacists. If we substitute the word Muslim Terrorists, we can see that would be a bit of a problem...in the USA

Last edited by craigiri; 08-11-2019 at 07:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies