Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know a white supremist
Yes i know a real white supremist 58 25.66%
No 153 67.70%
Every white male is a white supremist so yes for that reason. 15 6.64%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 03:13 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,027 times

Advertisements

I cannot even count all the people who shared their supremacist/racist views with me, but most of them are house variety guys, they are not marching anywhere and doing nothing to back their views, voting for Trump and likes is absolute max they are willing to do. I doubt most of them are capable of saying racial slur around inferior folks.

Old 08-13-2019, 03:14 PM

732 posts, read 390,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
I hate Trump, but nobody on these boards knows a white supremacist. Come on, be real.
Of course not. From the ever-authoritative Wikipedia:

"White supremacy or white supremacism is the racist belief that white people are superior to people of other races and therefore should be dominant over them. "

Good Lord, who wants to be dominant over a bunch of people? Besides being a hassle, it isn't even very profitable anymore.

Plus, even the most hardcore KKK white-cone-wearin', fist-wavin' fool views some non-Euro cultures as running on all eight cylinders. I doubt they have much bad to say about the Japanese.

I suppose that the central argument revolves around whether a) groups of people of a given ethnicity behave in a similar manner by and large and b) can dissimilar groups play nice together if living in the same geographical area.

I can see both sides of the arguments but there's a heckuva lot of quasi-religion involved in peoples' attitudes.

Old 08-13-2019, 03:14 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Interesting, and in some ways, this can bring in alot of confusion. In America, defining who was White was often about keeping Blacks away or keeping Blacks disenfranchised. In Mississippi, there were some Chinese immigrants who lived in the Delta region. They came as laborers, but many either became grocers, or left Mississippi for points west. Because Mississippi was basically Black and White, the racial line was "Blacks over here, Whites over there". The Chinese were neither Black or White. One had to figure out how to navigate that. At one time, Chinese in Mississippi were not allowed to attend schools reserved for Whites or buy homes. They could lease the store, but not own property. They had to go to the Chinese schools built for them in Greenville,MS and Cleveland,MS. After WWII, Chinese students were allowed to attend Mississippi's White schools and universities.
So why didn't way back then the Chinese there attend the black schools? The blacks didn't want the Chinese in their schools, or the Chinese didn't want to go to blacks school? I bet it was both.

Old 08-13-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
Of course not. From the ever-authoritative Wikipedia:

"White supremacy or white supremacism is the racist belief that white people are superior to people of other races and therefore should be dominant over them. "

Good Lord, who wants to be dominant over a bunch of people? Besides being a hassle, it isn't even very profitable anymore.

Plus, even the most hardcore KKK white-cone-wearin', fist-wavin' fool views some non-Euro cultures as running on all eight cylinders. I doubt they have much bad to say about the Japanese.

I suppose that the central argument revolves around whether a) groups of people of a given ethnicity behave in a similar manner by and large and b) can dissimilar groups play nice together if living in the same geographical area.

I can see both sides of the arguments but there's a heckuva lot of quasi-religion involved in peoples' attitudes.
That's just it. Every mainstream democrat and republican and elite does. They are the actual supremacists, not the people they falsely label who oppose the plan.

Old 08-13-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That's just it. Every mainstream democrat and republican and elite does. They are the actual supremacists, not the people they falsely label who oppose the plan.
Perhaps as customers. As workers, people are less and less necessary.

It's a heckuva lot easier to dominate people via social media than it is through simple ownership in any case.

Old 08-13-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
So why didn't way back then the Chinese there attend the black schools? The blacks didn't want the Chinese in their schools, or the Chinese didn't want to go to blacks school? I bet it was both.
I guess, in the final analysis, that racism is basically black people vs. everyone else. Admittedly, it isn't like a gaijin is viewed with the highest esteem in Japan, but real-deal racism basically amounts to Africa vs. the rest of the world.

Why exactly is that (if true)? Is it simply because that represents the widest genetic spread?

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
They are well depicted in the "Gangs of New York" set in about 1855.

The "Butcher" was a "Nationalist" and based on Poole:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Poole

Poole was born 1821, so we can assume these White Nationalists started in the 1830 period.....which really means they likely have been a thing since the country was founded.

They were called "know nothings" at some point and the group today fit that to a T. That is why "non-college educated whites" are Trumps strongest base.

"a common thread was the belief that the country was pretty well full up up so that newcomers were not welcomed."

Hmmmmm...so the country was "full up" in 1830? That seems to be the same words that many righties are using in these threads even today. I guess it was full up at 5 million, at 10 million and at every point since....

These people are arguably responsible for untold horrors in this land....for a LONG time. They continue today with assault weapons....against Hispanics, Elders in a House of Worship and innocents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLKbcrC0krQ
For the "Know Nothings", it wasn't enough to just have ancestry from Europe. You had to be Protestant and be Native-born. They were not only "white nationalists", they were against certain kinds of people we would call White today. In Louisiana, several Italians got lynched. In Omaha, an anti-Greek riot took place. The Greektown section of Omaha got torched. In Salt Lake City, the KKK was ardently agains Greek immigrants.

2,594 posts, read 1,241,062 times
Quote:
Not hard to define at all. If you identify as white and others identify you as white, you are white.
And what defines what is "white" and what is not? Please explain in detail.

Old 08-13-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Perhaps as customers. As workers, people are less and less necessary.

It's a heckuva lot easier to dominate people via social media than it is through simple ownership in any case.
Yeah, but the elite are profiting off of continuous population growth at America's expense one way or the other. And the democrats need their counter voters imported to negate the white American voters that won't support them.

The elite, mostly white, may or may not think whites are "superior", but they certainly think they are superior to everyone, and want to rule over as many people they can get through open borders.

Old 08-13-2019, 03:35 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
I guess, in the final analysis, that racism is basically black people vs. everyone else. Admittedly, it isn't like a gaijin is viewed with the highest esteem in Japan, but real-deal racism basically amounts to Africa vs. the rest of the world.

Why exactly is that (if true)? Is it simply because that represents the widest genetic spread?
To a certain extent, this is the case. Alot of people who aren't Black have experienced bigotry and racism. At the same time, there is a pecking order. Chinese immigrants who went to the Mississippi Delta region experienced racism. They were given the same segregation treatment. However, they were allowed to attend White schools/universities before Blacks were able to do so.

In Texas, Mexican-Americans did experience discrimination, and were dealt the "we don't serve Mexicans" treatment. There were also some Mexican-Americans in Texas who discriminated against Blacks. At one time, Hispanic immigrants in New Orleans could attend schools that Blacks were not allowed at.

When it comes to racism, there has been a pecking order that has taken place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies